+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello everyone,
I was not here for a while.
I hope everyone be fine.
Today an afghan friend was accepted after 18 months. He was so desperate and sad the last few months.
Now he is on clouds.
I wish all of you have good news soon,
Best
Jalal

Omerkhan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Does anybody know a good lawyer who can help me with my appeal. This is literally a last chance for me if it didn’t work then i will get in a forever process.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
I would recommend Bellisimo law group they are very successful but expensive.
However good the lawyer is though, ultimately it's your case that will determine the outcome, do you have good arguments against the decision, did the member overlook some details? maybe the member didn't logically workout the details of your case, and came in with prejudice? what's the situation back home? is there an all out civil war with rockets in the air? that would certainly play as a factor, as Canada is reluctant on putting people on planes and returning them people to war zones, however if it's just for political reasons with government that canada is friendly with not really gonna help...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
However good the lawyer is though, ultimately it's your case that will determine the outcome, do you have good arguments against the decision, did the member overlook some details? maybe the member didn't logically workout the details of your case, and came in with prejudice? what's the situation back home? is there an all out civil war with rockets in the air? that would certainly play as a factor, as Canada is reluctant on putting people on planes and returning them people to war zones, however if it's just for political reasons with government that canada is friendly with not really gonna help...
Has a lot more to with issues like whether you have tried to relocate within your home country.

Omerkhan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
The only reason i got refused is that me and my wife didn’t explain the situation on POE as we did in our BOC thats it

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Oh then no worries brother, you aren't the first, a lot of claimants get that happening to them, but it works out in the appeal for most. Best to prepare for why the the situation was different in the BOC. I recommend looking up IRB archive/website decision for appeals, you will find similar cases like yours where POE VS. BOC occurred, and that can prepare you further.

Sadly members sometimes overanalyze situations and deny cases simply for ego/career, or fear of what they don't understand in the case, and fear future judgement so quickly rush to refuse. They're humans too :oops:!

Last edited:
Reactions: Omerkhan

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Why did you apply at POE? Did you arrive with TRV? You had a few days/weeks to meet with a lawyer and draft a BOC! The environment at POE is intimidating, and you probably dealt with tough officers not like at IRCC. I sympathise with your situation man!

Reactions: Omerkhan

Omerkhan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Why did you apply at POE? Did you arrive with TRV? You had a few days/weeks to meet with a lawyer and draft a BOC! The environment at POE is intimidating, and you probably dealt with tough officers not like at IRCC. I sympathise with your situation man!
We applied at Pearson airport once we arrived we didn’t knew how things go or we can apply inside canada man it was a tough day of my life

Jan 10, 2017
We applied at Pearson airport once we arrived we didn’t knew how things go or we can apply inside canada man it was a tough day of my life
What part of your story you didn't mentioned in POE, was that an important factor of your claim like name of persecutor or dates?

My POE statement was short as well because usually they don't asked for detail, I noticed that they are also in rush to finish our case as faster they can. My POE officer didn't asked me detail whatever I said he just typed in I mentioned everything as headlines and I gave detail in BOC even though officer made mistake and did some omissions in my POE statement which I raised it already in my BOC.

This is my request to everyone please recheck your POE notes again and again because officers can make mistakes and board member never take that into their consideration if you did omissions they will being so picky.

This is what it is......

Reactions: syed009

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hello,
I recently made an ATIP request, to get a copy of your file and notes made from IRB regarding your case.
I found that I was dismissed from short/less complex hearings. The issue for me was identity, even though my passport had visas from the US/Canada/UK/Schengen . She made a very ill advised decision I believe, and crossed me off the short hearing lists. Now i'm looking at a long time ahead of me for a regular hearing.

I will draft a complaint letter to the IRB regarding how easily the member dismissed the file and threw it into the inventory without checking my actual passport/identity, I don't believe she's smarter than US homeland security, or British intelligence and miraculously found my identity to be untrue. When I looked her up, she's been with IRB since the 90's, hardcore conservative even though she immigrated from Sri Lanka her self :D oh well I advise you guys to get ATIP to find out what your file at IRB looks like or if your still legible for less complex.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I recently made an ATIP request, to get a copy of your file and notes made from IRB regarding your case.
I found that I was dismissed from short/less complex hearings. The issue for me was identity, even though my passport had visas from the US/Canada/UK/Schengen . She made a very ill advised decision I believe, and crossed me off the short hearing lists. Now i'm looking at a long time ahead of me for a regular hearing.

I will draft a complaint letter to the IRB regarding how easily the member dismissed the file and threw it into the inventory without checking my actual passport/identity, I don't believe she's smarter than US homeland security, or British intelligence and miraculously found my identity to be untrue. When I looked her up, she's been with IRB since the 90's, hardcore conservative even though she immigrated from Sri Lanka her self :D oh well I advise you guys to get ATIP to find out what your file at IRB looks like or if your still legible for less complex.
Wouldn’t count on your case being moved to less complex. It does seem like you have travelled extensively and that can cross you off the less complex case list.

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
I'm afraid you misunderstood, I don't wish to give too much detail, but anyways the event that caused me seeking Canada happened after all that traveling, thats not the issue. It would make sense if it was the other way around; as in the problem happens, then I travel all over the world, but that wasn't the case.
The issue is identity, she thought the passport/ID's were not original.

But my story isn't important, I just put it as an example for people to request ATIP, and it will prepare them for issues they will face in the hearing as well.

Reactions: syed009