+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Dears
The cic asked for our police certificates for the PR process. I sent them by post. How long after that we would hear something from them? Please share the experience.
Jalal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That a few months is the problem. For irb a few months sometimes means 2 or 3 years.
Highly doubt people are waiting years to hear the results of their hearing. A good portion are informed that day. Some adjudicators want to do some more research and some are further behind on their completion of their notice of decisions.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
UNRELATED, but I felt that it would be helpful to share my feelings here;
Canadian pilots literally bombed my home country (part of NATO), and now am stuck in an IRB system I never wanted to be apart of. My country went to the gutter without any infrastructure, and loose militias and extremists are rampant. I had dreams, hopes, and destinations I wanted to journey to and visit. Now all those prospects seem dim, since it will be hectic to restart my life.
It saddens me how the world works, it saddens me that everyone here is desperately trying to restart their life too, and have status. I wish everyone a happy ending :)
- a citizen of the world :D

Reactions: Reezain

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
UNRELATED, but I felt that it would be helpful to share my feelings here;
Canadian pilots literally bombed my home country (part of NATO), and now am stuck in an IRB system I never wanted to be apart of. My country went to the gutter without any infrastructure, and loose militias and extremists are rampant. I had dreams, hopes, and destinations I wanted to journey to and visit. Now all those prospects seem dim, since it will be hectic to restart my life.
It saddens me how the world works, it saddens me that everyone here is desperately trying to restart their life too, and have status. I wish everyone a happy ending :)
- a citizen of the world :D
Assume you come from Iraq. Not sure you can really blame Canada. US lead war, US non-military guy decided to disband the Bathist army leading many to join Shia militias, rampant corruption by fellow Iraqis on their own population, a previous leader favouring Shia vs Sunni, long existing tension between the north and the south between the Kurds and everyone else, etc.

Many asylum seekers in similar or worse situations have been waiting over 2 years and you’ve been waiting since November. Assume there are high chances that you may have landed in the US and walked across the border to Canada where you are provided with more access to healthcare than normal Canadians, welfare, language classes, etc. Millions of people are in Iraq living their normal lives that can’t leave but might if they could. Others that are stuck on Greek Islands in terrible conditions or enslaved in Libya. Canada may provide you with a chance it is your choice whether you are successful but with your attitude you will likely struggle.

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Assume you come from Iraq. Not sure you can really blame Canada. US lead war, US non-military guy decided to disband the Bathist army leading many to join Shia militias, rampant corruption by fellow Iraqis on their own population, a previous leader favouring Shia vs Sunni, long existing tension between the north and the south between the Kurds and everyone else, etc.

Many asylum seekers in similar or worse situations have been waiting over 2 years and you’ve been waiting since November. Assume there are high chances that you may have landed in the US and walked across the border to Canada where you are provided with more access to healthcare than normal Canadians, welfare, language classes, etc. Millions of people are in Iraq living their normal lives that can’t leave but might if they could. Others that are stuck on Greek Islands in terrible conditions or enslaved in Libya. Canada may provide you with a chance it is your choice whether you are successful but with your attitude you will likely struggle.
Not from Iraq, and didn't walk across from the US. You have a very basic view towards refugees. I don't need language classes, or welfare. Again basic view of a refugee. I'm well off, I come from a prominent family. Canada has 30 something millions citizens, and it's the 2nd biggest country. With my knowledge, and expertise; i'm boosting it's economy, hopefully populating it :) and adding on to its tax revenues. If i were to really balance it on scale, it's in this nation's benefit that i'm here contributing to its communities, and broadening its research. I'm not sure why you have such a view of refugees, not everyone is out to get Canada's healthcare and welfare haha. Refugees can be educated, take direct flights, and not depend on social aid programs. I do agree that Iraqis have had a hard time due to the US, but that's another story. As for Canada, i'm grateful sure; but it's a country by immigrants for immigrants, i'm just jumping on the bandwagon like you have i'm assuming :) .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then you must be from Afghanistan. You may have been part of the 1% or less but the majority of the afghani population has not been doing well for a very long time. You may be feeling bad for yourself but you have not waited 2-7 years for a hearing just 6 months. You’re not in a refugee camp, living in poverty and not having access to services. You were offered access to welfare if needed and healthcare on arrival. Your children would have received free schooling. You are a lucky one. I know plenty of refugees come with education and money. You are also lucky because 1.5 years you wouldn’t have been given a work permit until after your hearing like many others that arrived after 2015 and got stuck in the large influx and huge wait times. I know a family of 4 who waited 1.5 years for a hearing and had to live off his savings. He couldn’t find a job even with his international experience so went back to school. Your attitude is what will do you a disservice. If you had wealth you had options. You were able to get a TRV and not have to walk or takes boats without knowing how to swim. Sure you actually researched where you wanted to claim asylum. Canada is pretty nice and generous compared to many. You could have easily applied for economic immigration if you are highly educated.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Not from Iraq, and didn't walk across from the US. You have a very basic view towards refugees. I don't need language classes, or welfare. Again basic view of a refugee. I'm well off, I come from a prominent family. Canada has 30 something millions citizens, and it's the 2nd biggest country. With my knowledge, and expertise; i'm boosting it's economy, hopefully populating it :) and adding on to its tax revenues. If i were to really balance it on scale, it's in this nation's benefit that i'm here contributing to its communities, and broadening its research. I'm not sure why you have such a view of refugees, not everyone is out to get Canada's healthcare and welfare haha. Refugees can be educated, take direct flights, and not depend on social aid programs. I do agree that Iraqis have had a hard time due to the US, but that's another story. As for Canada, i'm grateful sure; but it's a country by immigrants for immigrants, i'm just jumping on the bandwagon like you have i'm assuming :) .
Very nice response brother..

Just ended my 12 hour shift working hard to pay taxes not even a single penny is that I have taken from Canadian government..
playing my taxes
Even helping some refugees.
no one have the right to judge me. everyone has its own opinion and I respect that

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
@canuck78 i found your tone rather sad and one who thinks everyone came here to get the welfare of Canada. That one is seeking asylum has not taken our self worth away. The way you talk about asylum seekers having healthcare coverage more than the average canadian leaves less to be desired of you. I have not even visited an hospital since i came. i left welfare the third month i came and i work and i have insurance at work that partly takes care of my healthcare needs and to cap it all i pay my taxes. I seriously respect your judgement on issues at times but now i see that you only give responses out of a limited knowledge, and always remember that things have changed and still changing when it comes to refugee situation in Canada. The young man is right to vent his frustration and its an unalienable right but to chastise him whilst guessing where he is from is ethically wrong. Its true some refugees havent been doing good to repay the favour Canada had given them but you also have to remember that they are refugees who are really grateful for the little they have and are most thankful to the Almighty Allah for having the chance to rebuild their lives.

In the other res[onse, where u said categorically that decisions are given in the hearing room, is also not totally true. Most i have heard is not given until they get their Notice of Decision. At least i know some here in Montreal and a few in Toronto. Our knowledge of the system isnt extensive as only IRB knows why and how they do their things.
I still gat love for you @canuck78

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
@canuck78 I am from Afghanistan and I know Afghans here and they are working hard. We are not Afghani, we are Afghans and Afghani is our currency. I know you for a long time and had discussed with several times and proved that your information is baios and superficial. We are not here to steal your country. We are immigrants as your parents were. Maybe you are a native then it is different. Btw you are a person who judges us for our refugee status and motherland. Please be more kind and more Canadian. My feeling is that you are an old white lady who really doesn't like poor refugees. Lol . Now you understand how bad is to be judge by assumption.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I request all of you to calm down situation please and forgive. We are not angels everyone make mistakes. Our religion teaches forgiveness and be polite.

If someone is out of line s/he will realize one day.

In the end we all know that s/he tried best to reply all quries asked here on this forum and getting nothing in return.

I am sorry in advance if any of my words hurt anyone.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Very nice response brother..

Just ended my 12 hour shift working hard to pay taxes not even a single penny is that I have taken from Canadian government..
playing my taxes
Even helping some refugees.
no one have the right to judge me. everyone has its own opinion and I respect that

Everyone is expected to pay taxes, and many people work long shifts, and many people in Canada have never taken a cent from the Government, so your point please ?

Btw, judging and expressing ones own opinion are two different things. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion

Last edited:

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Sir.
You just read my one text and replying for it, I think you didn't read the the chat lol. I was giving answer to someone. there is no point that was just my response I didn't even get it why are you asking it as you have seen it was a reply.
Thanks @Copingwithlife.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Everyone is expected to pay taxes, and many people work long shifts, and many people in Canada have never taken a cent from the Government, so your point please ?

Btw, judging and expressing ones own opinion are two different things. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion
I am not gonna get into any type of convass with you if you didn't get it I am sorry