+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know man.. hope they will soon find a solution for this backlog
Wouldn’t count on things getting better because if refused people will appeal and then apply for H&C. You don’t have much to complain about since processing wait times has already been decreased compared to applicants who arrived before you. Same thing for pR after asylum. Time has been almost cut in half. They also now give out WP to all asylum applicants but in the past years if you had your own savings you weren’t given a work permit.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Wouldn’t count on things getting better because if refused people will appeal and then apply for H&C. You don’t have much to complain about since processing wait times has already been decreased compared to applicants who arrived before you. Same thing for pR after asylum. Time has been almost cut in half. They also now give out WP to all asylum applicants but in the past years if you had your own savings you weren’t given a work permit.

Nice response @canuck78.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
I have a question. What happens when after a hearing decision is not made in the hearing room but will be posted? does a decision have to be given in the hearing room? Both Positive and Negative. Also, how long does it take before the decision is mailed? Thanks @canuck78 and other gurus in the house.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Ahan Thanks Alot for expalnation ..
I didn't get what is H&C

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question. What happens when after a hearing decision is not made in the hearing room but will be posted? does a decision have to be given in the hearing room? Both Positive and Negative. Also, how long does it take before the decision is mailed? Thanks @canuck78 and other gurus in the house.
Decision is not always given in the hearing room. You will receive by mail from a week to a few months.

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Hello house, my lawyer called me last Friday that I have an hearing date. How long till I get the letter from IRB.... I am presuming this week....? Am I right

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Submitted my claims in Montreal April, 2018 and I am billed for an hearing on the 4th July. So I am guessing the letter will arrive this week...?