+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, has anyone from November 2018 received a hearing yet? I know some that applied in December, and received decision letters. I'm from an expedited country, but it doesn't seem to be expedited. Haven't received any letter acknowledging i'm from an expedited country, which worries me.
Does anyone have an idea of how hearings are scheduled? For example there's around 70,000 cases, does that mean one has to wait his/her turn until one by one cases are cleared on a 'queue' basis? Because this doesn't seem to be the case, I feel the IRB's scheduling system is very messy, and hearings are scheduled not according to a protocol, and it's rather random. Sometimes people arriving after other individuals are processed and scheduled sooner, there's no issue with their files either. Background/medical are complete and the file just sits there.
Lots of people from expedited countries still waiting from 2017. You have no choice but to wait. The system is extremely overwhelmed.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hello, has anyone from November 2018 received a hearing yet? I know some that applied in December, and received decision letters. I'm from an expedited country, but it doesn't seem to be expedited. Haven't received any letter acknowledging i'm from an expedited country, which worries me.
Does anyone have an idea of how hearings are scheduled? For example there's around 70,000 cases, does that mean one has to wait his/her turn until one by one cases are cleared on a 'queue' basis? Because this doesn't seem to be the case, I feel the IRB's scheduling system is very messy, and hearings are scheduled not according to a protocol, and it's rather random. Sometimes people arriving after other individuals are processed and scheduled sooner, there's no issue with their files either. Background/medical are complete and the file just sits there.
There is no system, accept and live with this fact.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Waiting since August 2018

Biochemist

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Yeah man nobody knows what pattern they are using to process cases.
Every-time I call IRB they're very discrete about the scheduling protocol, and I don't get a straightforward answer, always the scripted 'we will contact you when you are scheduled to appear' .