+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi everyone, I received a mail from the IRB ,they told me that my case will go through expidite process and they asked me to send supporting documents. My question is how long does it take to get a decision after sending the documents?
I think 1 or 2 months.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Guys,
Anyone knows how long after hearing they send Notice of Decision?
I was told it is 10days but someone told me it can be 2 months!!! Are you kidding me?! 2 months for a letter!!!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Bro you already passed the painful situation , you must be happy.. my hearing will be after 2 months and I am so nervous and I cant wait lol
You will be fine. I was soooooo nervous too. I did not sleep the night before the hearing and did not eat at all at hearing day.

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Good news

I received a call from my lawyer and our case has been brought forward to novemeber 13th

we applied in montreal may 2018, got a predicted date of march 2019. A month or 2 later it was cancelled and now here we are. Ive been mentally preparing 1 yr wait and to have it so soon is still surreal. Mix of nerves and joy.

Jan 10, 2017
I don't know how do I feel when I'll go to my hearing but it is obvious I'll be nervous too. Right now just waiting for hearing to get postponed first and then get rescheduled soon.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2017
Good news

I received a call from my lawyer and our case has been brought forward to novemeber 13th

we applied in montreal may 2018, got a predicted date of march 2019. A month or 2 later it was cancelled and now here we are. Ive been mentally preparing 1 yr wait and to have it so soon is still surreal. Mix of nerves and joy.
Great news!!! are you from expedite country list?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good news

Assume you likely crossed the border on foot, They may be prioritizing applicants who crossed the border especially in large volume from one country because there are concerns that some are not true asylum seekers. Best of luck.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi everyone, I received a mail from the IRB ,they told me that my case will go through expidite process and they asked me to send supporting documents. My question is how long does it take to get a decision after sending the documents?
Around 2 months, have you applied in Toronto?

Reactions: Um Zainab

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Assume you likely crossed the border on foot, They may be prioritizing applicants who crossed the border especially in large volume from one country because there are concerns that some are not true asylum seekers. Best of luck.
yes I did.

Doesnt the interview you get within a week of arriving usually clear that up? Dont the immigration officers who perform it have the power to say if your claim is valid or not?

And thank you for your wishes, I'm hoping for the best.

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone ,

I have a question to ask. When I arrived in canada as a student, I was given a work permit of 20 hours each week and the sin number too. Now I will apply for work permit as a refugee claimant , so my question is , how can I let the immigrations know that I do have a sin number already ? Or my previous sin number will be cancelled and I will get a new sin number? Please let me know . Thanks
I think you need to call IRCC to asked them, they are the only one who can advise you accordingly.
In my opinion SIN number should remain same.