+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
To be fair think you were a victim of the system being overwhelmed and then there were changes to the processing system because of the increase in numbers. When you double the amount of people that are supposed to be processed yearly and hundreds of people are showing up on your border in the woods daily with no plan except to get to Canada there are bound to be problems.
I'm a victim of NO system dear.

Jan 10, 2017
Your situation is quite weird, you are citizen of one of the expedited country policy list and still with is no hearing date.
I mean if this is happening with someone who falls under their expedited policy and still waiting for his claim to be heard then what can we expect, we even not listed in their expedite list. :(:eek::oops:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think cases like yours are in the minority. There is a system but it's not perfect. Are there some cases that fall through the cracks...of course. Not sure that any system under so much stress and that changed how it processes claims halfway through the surge of applicants would be 100% perfect. Not sure why Canada is expected to be 100% fair and perfect. That is not the case in any country. Considering Canada does provide welfare, healthcare, schooling and often shelter to people waiting for asylum hearings it is much better than most places in the world.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
There is no calculation. What @Jalalcananda makes no sense.
I believe I am correct. For Afghanistan 250 new cases were applied in last 6 months and 252 were finalized and 500 are pending. If IRB works with the same speed than I think the total 500 pending people at this moment will be processed in 2 periods of 6 months (12 months). It is an easy and realistic calculation. Unless IRB decreases the speed by the time that is unlikely. Real afghans experiences confirm this calculation. For Nigeria with 11k pending and 900 processed in 6 months, it seems it takes 4 years or more unless a miracle happens that usually does not. It is Mathematics and not non-sense as you said!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I'm not sure how you calculate it

my home country is nigeria could you help calculate it for me
Hey coolguy.
I wrote my answer in the previous reply. Nigeria looks quite an exceptional case! Why so many people suddenly arrived and applied in Canada! Did something especial happed recently? Can you please share information with us?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Your situation is quite weird, you are citizen of one of the expedited country policy list and still with is no hearing date.
I mean if this is happening with someone who falls under their expedited policy and still waiting for his claim to be heard then what can we expect, we even not listed in their expedite list. :(:eek::oops:
I was expedited 1 month after my application. As my lawyer told me the caseworker was changed from a Korean original lady to a person from a country in the middle east that I do not want to reveal it. This new caseworker made so many problems for my case and I am sure there is personal bias behind it. It is sad but all people are humans and have a bias.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9990

Jan 10, 2017
I was expedited 1 month after my application. As my lawyer told me the caseworker changed from a Korean origin lady to a person from a country in the middle east that I do not want to reveal it. This new caseworker made so many problems for my case and I am sure there are some personal bios behind it. It is sad but all people are humans and have bios.
I wasn't aware of this, Now I totally believe in Luck. If you are lucky then all goes well. I heard about some board members are nice and some are not. You are lucky your wait time is coming to end only 6 days left to your hearing. I wish you best of luck and share with us good news soon.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was expedited 1 month after my application. As my lawyer told me the caseworker was changed from a Korean original lady to a person from a country in the middle east that I do not want to reveal it. This new caseworker made so many problems for my case and I am sure there is personal bias behind it. It is sad but all people are humans and have a bias.
What happened was that the system changed. Expedited applications from some countries are out and it switched to first come first served. The Afghan applicants who have not been processed will all be in chronological order based on entry and will likely have longer processing times than before. There are some irregularities of course. Your application seems to have been processed faster because is was initially identified but then FIFO started.

Jan 10, 2017
Dear brothers and sisters, I submitted my application in quebec on 4th September and my first interview is on 25th september. Can anyone suggest me , regarding the questions that will be asked to me in the interview by the immigration officer ?
The interview will include questions about the claimant and their family members, even family members who are not with the claimant. Here are some examples:

· What is the claimant’s date of birth, citizenship, and marital status?

· What are the dates of birth, citizenship, and marital status of the claimant’s family members?

· What identity documents do they have or can they get?

· What route did they take to come to Canada?

· Did anyone help them get here?

· What travel documents did they use?

· If they are 28 or older, where have they lived for the last 10 years?

· If they are younger than 28, where have they lived since their 18th birthday?

· Are they associated with or have they belonged to any groups or organizations?

· Do they have criminal charges or convictions in any country?

· Have they or any family member made a refugee claim before, here or anywhere else?

· What is the claimant’s history of education and employment?

· Has the claimant completed military service?

· Does the claimant have any history of involvement in war crimes, terrorism, or organized crime?

· Does the claimant have any history of serious disease or mental or physical disorder?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Congrats bro, finally you'll be released from stressing and start preparing for your PR application after tomorrow. Wish you best of luck!!!
Please do share you experience with us.
Thank you so much, I wish everything goes well and I will share every detail and tricks of hearing for your near future hearing.

Reactions: 9990

Roy2015

Jun 29, 2018
Unfortunately the hearing times will continue to get longer. As a Canadian tax payer, I have encouraged my MP to put more resources into the process because we will be spending more money in the end paying welfare, education and health care costs for people waiting for results. There seems to be quite a few people who are misinformed and do not qualify for asylum. Unfortunately more applicants who do not meet the definition of asylum seekers will be able to appeal under H&C if they have been in Canada for years and may now have Canadian children who would be negatively affected if their parents are deported. I would encourage others to email their MP to encourage more resources into processing applications whether they agree with my reasoning or have their own reasons.[/QUOTE

Dear Mr Canuck, your input is appreciated. Can you share some knowledge. I am a protected person, claimant and have a job offer that requires a little travelling, my hearing was postponed and I require a RTD, but they say that I can get an RTD only if I have completed my hearing. I may now loose this only job that I am succesful in interview after 2 years. Is there any way that I can get an RTD by motivating etc despite me waiting for my hearing date.