+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied on 2 oct 2017 my first hearing was postponed in second month of arrival and till now no hearing date or any update
Alhumdulillah bas
This is pretty normal. The hearing in 60 days was a formality and has to be scheduled by law. Your lawyer should have advised you that it would 100% get cancelled due to the large volume of applicants and you will get a hearing between 1-2 years.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I applied on 2 oct 2017 my first hearing was postponed in second month of arrival and till now no hearing date or any update
Alhumdulillah bas
I applied 2 weeks after you and last week of Sep 2018(In 10 days from now) is going to be my real hearing.
I am so nervous but also happy.

Reactions: mysoul

Jan 10, 2017
I applied 2 weeks after you and last week of Sep 2018(In 10 days from now) is going to be my real hearing.
I am so nervous but also happy.
It is pretty obvious anyone can get nervous for the day we have been waiting from months.
I have ready so many experiences of people who attended their hearings, some have good experiences and others experienced bad day.
Go to the link below to get some experiences about refugee claimant's big day!!!
http://ccrweb.ca/files/irb_hearings_report_final.pdf

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
I get the refugee claimant document on April 2017 in Toronto , from Yemen , with 3 minor kids separated from their dad for almost 2 years and stil don’t have a day for hearing .very stressful situation.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I get the refugee claimant document on April 2017 in Toronto , from Yemen , with 3 minor kids separated from their dad for almost 2 years and stil don’t have a day for hearing .very stressful situation.
Hope you get one sone, I applied even before you and still nothing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Samer you unfortunately seem to have been quite unlucky. There are of course other people in your situation but you are over 2 years at this point right? Think we will be seeing more long wait times like yours. I also think appeals and H&C wait times are going to skyrocket because some people walking across the border were unaware of the asylum requirements.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Samer you unfortunately seem to have been quite unlucky. There are of course other people in your situation but you are over 2 years at this point right? Think we will be seeing more long wait times like yours. I also think appeals and H&C wait times are going to skyrocket because some people walking across the border were unaware of the asylum requirements.
Hi Samer,
I know people who talked with the MP of their area and they could help them to make their cases faster.
Maybe you should try to talk with your area MP.
Masoud

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Samer have a look at this link https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2018.aspx
I think you can calculate you waiting time.I do not know your country but for example, I calculated for Af as I know about Afghan people.
250 were finalized in 6 months and 500 are pending that means for an Afghan in average it takes 1 year to be processed and in real life also they are waiting between 6 months to 10 months.
Do it for your country!

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
I thought Canada is a country of law, obviously, it's a country of luck.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Samer,
I know people who talked with the MP of their area and they could help them to make their cases faster.
Maybe you should try to talk with your area MP.
Masoud
I did in January and August 2018, the answers were: it's First In First Out and I must just wait.
Sadly enough I can't tell them it's a nice joke.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Samer have a look at this link https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2018.aspx
I think you can calculate you waiting time.I do not know your country but for example, I calculated for Af as I know about Afghan people.
250 were finalized in 6 months and 500 are pending that means for an Afghan in average it takes 1 year to be processed and in real life also they are waiting between 6 months to 10 months.
Do it for your country!
Dear Jalal, if we calculated your way, ppl of Angola should wait around 12 years as IRB has only processed 22 and they have 486 pending.
Anyway, Im from Iraq and our numbers are similar.
No rules at all when it comes to hearing dates and it's all about how lucky you are.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Jalal, if we calculated your way, ppl of Angola should wait around 12 years as IRB has only processed 22 and they have 486 pending.
Anyway, Im from Iraq and our numbers are similar.
No rules at all when it comes to hearing dates and it's all about how lucky you are.
To be fair think you were a victim of the system being overwhelmed and then there were changes to the processing system because of the increase in numbers. When you double the amount of people that are supposed to be processed yearly and hundreds of people are showing up on your border in the woods daily with no plan except to get to Canada there are bound to be problems.

coolguy124

Aug 25, 2018
Do it for your country!
I'm not sure how you calculate it

my home country is nigeria could you help calculate it for me