+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MR12

Aug 26, 2019
This is terrible and great at the same time. I am in the same place you were, applied October 24 still haven't heard after trying to correspond with IRCC for months. Finally got a message today (in French) telling me my case was moved to Edmonton processing centre. Is that where yours was sent?
This is crazy, they never care what you are going through during this period, I can understand your situation.
Initially, my application was at Edmonton till December first week, but the reviewing officer opened and transferred to Etobicoke, I think Etobicoke took more than another 5 months to open my application.
When I called IRCC in March, I spoke to a lady, who was very helpful. She realized the delay with application is too long, and then gave a deadline to reviewing officer at Etobicoke one month for update on application. I guess, that helped my application.
I heard similar situation with many other people, some even still waiting after 10 months of submission. I do not know when will IRCC will understand this, they process PR in less than 6 months, but PGWP applications (who lived here for more than 2 yrs) are ignored mostly.

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
This is terrible and great at the same time. I am in the same place you were, applied October 24 still haven't heard after trying to correspond with IRCC for months. Finally got a message today (in French) telling me my case was moved to Edmonton processing centre. Is that where yours was sent?
Hi Nimble,

I applied on October 8 and mine was transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke on January 10, and there're still no updates. We should probably give IRCC a call as ours have taken too long to finalize.

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
Applied for PGWP on Aug 29, 2019
got approval , May 09, 2020

ALMOST 9 MONTHS TO PROCESS INLAND PGWP
, on the other hand normal time to process is 2 to 3 months.

Meanwhile, I called several times and literally begged (for update on status of application) and wrote several e-mails to IRCC. All of that donot matter them, they take their own sweet time to process application.
I did wait fingers crossed for last 5 months, I am locked down in Canada for 9 months without any status.

I do not know what to say today after approval, but certainly not felt good.
Glad to hear you finally got approval. I applied on October 8, 2019 and got transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke on January 10. No more updates for 226 days as of today. That is 7 months and 13 days. I think I should give them a call instead of sending messages through WebForm (Their response were always "we confirmed we have received your application and we will finalize ASAP...").

Do you remember which number or office you called? Thanks.

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hey guys I have applied my PGWP on 1st FEB and some of my friends who applied on same day got their PGWP within mention time period on Cic , whereas I didn’t get it yet , could it be a problem ?

MrStark252

Feb 3, 2020
Hi Nimble,

I applied on October 8 and mine was transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke on January 10, and there're still no updates. We should probably give IRCC a call as ours have taken too long to finalize.
Hi MacWartt,

I applied on October 10 and mine was transferred to Etobicoke on 11 Jan and no updates yet. Have you applied for GCMS notes?

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
Hello,

I recently submitted my PGWP application. However, a couple of days after submission, I realized that I did not scan my US visa stamp in my passport. I scanned the BIO page indicating my country of birth and other personal details, my Canadian visa and the entry into Canada stamps, however, I missed the US visa stamp which I had got stamped in January 2020.

Please let me know if that would be a problem and if that might result in a refusal.

Also, please let me know if I should withdraw my application and re-apply with the complete passport stamps or should I upload the US visa stamp in the web form. I have heard that the officer has the discretion to accept the document or not if I send it through the web form. So I am worried if they are going to check it or not when I send it through the web form.

Thank you,
Rashpal Singh Sidhu

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
Hi MacWartt,

I applied on October 10 and mine was transferred to Etobicoke on 11 Jan and no updates yet. Have you applied for GCMS notes?
No, I did not apply for GCMS notes. Did you? Do you think it is helpful?

I think I will just call them for help instead as MR12 suggested. At this point, we need to remind them to not to leave our applications buried in the pile and hopefully finalize the application ASAP.

Keep in touch, let us know if you have any updates.

yooo987

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
BC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and just submit my application today in canada, this nine months process time really scared me...
anyone submitted on May and had any updates?

Thanks

Nimble

Jan 23, 2020
Hi Nimble,

I have been calling but after dialing menu after menu they say they are overloaded and can't put me through. Have you been able to contact anyone?

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
I have been calling but after dialing menu after menu they say they are overloaded and can't put me through. Have you been able to contact anyone?
I have not called them yet. That is terrible you can't call them through!
I have an update though: I noticed my application profile/status has been updated recently. It is now under "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " from "We will let you know when we start to review your eligibility". Thank God they finally opened my case!

Nimble

Jan 23, 2020
I have not called them yet. That is terrible you can't call them through!
I have an update though: I noticed my application profile/status has been updated recently. It is now under "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " from "We will let you know when we start to review your eligibility". Thank God they finally opened my case!
I'm currently on hold so I seemingly got through. Trick is to call the second they open. Where did you see this change of status?

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I'm currently on hold so I seemingly got through. Trick is to call the second they open. Where did you see this change of status?
Even today my profile was updated showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " and they even send me correspondence letter as for bitometric because i already had bimoetrics 3 years before, to let me know they have my biometric on record.
Secondly i called them last monday and they said normally PGWP time is 4 months now but that has increased to more days because of COVID 19, hope this helps , other wise no one help here , i have posted my post 2 times here and everyone ignore here

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
It is on your CIC account page, under 'View the applications you submitted', click 'Check full application status', then you will be able to see the details of your application. I know they updated my application status because I check my status almost everyday.

Last edited: