+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi Everyone, I was following this thread up to around early October last year and there was a spreadsheet that people were entering their application dates onto which was really helpful. Is it still available?
I don’t think it is. I was following it too and then it just disappeared and the link was invalid. I don’t think I have it anymore either

Apr 21, 2018
i am just waiting brother. This is best i can do and you might can do the same as one of my friend applied on 13 dec , he is also waiting
Bro got mine approved recieved biometrics letter yesterday checked mail today n checked gic account it says approved today on 14th may but haven't got any approval mail yet....... wt i did rather than calling submitted my problem through web fotm thrice like every alternate week you should do it as well

O_cool

May 15, 2020
Still nothing here

Applied Feb 18th
Biometrics received March 3rd

seems like a few with a similar time frame are already getting the letter

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
Hi All,

Need some clarifications. I applied for PGWP in mid April and received bio-metrics email the very next day. Since all the Service Canada offices are temporarily closed due to COVID-19 situation, I cannot book an appointment for bio-metrics.

My Questions are:
1. Can we request IRCC to skip the bio-metrics process because of COVID-19 situation as they introduced this process in Dec 2019?
2. If not, what are the alternatives if any?

My study permit will expire on May 15 and i guess i'll be on 'Implied status' afterwards. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, do you have any update on your pgwp? We are about to lodge our pgwp application. Thank you

vish1322

May 1, 2020
Bro got mine approved recieved biometrics letter yesterday checked mail today n checked gic account it says approved today on 14th may but haven't got any approval mail yet....... wt i did rather than calling submitted my problem through web fotm thrice like every alternate week you should do it as well
ok brother congo. thanks

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
I just wanted to ask again since no one answered my specific question on the study permit reply thread. I applied for my PGWP on implied status, since then I got my study permit approved till June 12th. Once my study permit expires, if my PGWP application hasn't yet been approved I will not have to leave right?

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi If you applied for PGWP on implied status ,and you did not paid the restoration fee along with other fee , probably IRCC will return your application because of incomplete application . Then you need to reapply along with valid study permit .

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi If you applied for PGWP on implied status ,and you did not paid the restoration fee along with other fee , probably IRCC will return your application because of incomplete application . Then you need to reapply along with valid study permit .
Hey man, stop passing this information as it is actually false. As long as you have implied status, you can apply for a PGWP no problem, although you won't be eligible to work while you wait for the PGWP.

Again, you DONT need to pay for restoration of status since you didn't lose any status.

Source: Someone who applied (and got) and has seen people apply for PGWP on study permit extension implied status.