+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
Even today my profile was updated showing as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " and they even send me correspondence letter as for bitometric because i already had bimoetrics 3 years before, to let me know they have my biometric on record.
Secondly i called them last monday and they said normally PGWP time is 4 months now but that has increased to more days because of COVID 19, hope this helps , other wise no one help here , i have posted my post 2 times here and everyone ignore here
They told me through WebForm the same thing that they might need more time to process our application due to reduced staff amid Covid-19.
It is absolutely terrible that they are unable to help you to speed up finalizing your application. Hope you don't have to wait for too long. Don't give up yet.

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
Hi guys, finally I am approved for a 3-years PGWP. Here is my application timeline:

• October 8, 2019 - Applied online.
  • January 10, 2020 - Transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke.
  • May 27, 2020 - Application status updated, from "We will let you know when we start to review your eligibility..." to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements..." No email notification
  • May 29, 2020 - A final decision has been made, application is approved. No email notification
I submitted my biometrics in December when I was applying a Visitor Record, in case you wonder why they didn't ask for that.

My PGWP application has taken 234 days. That's 7 months and 21 days. It has not been easy waiting anxiously for the entire process but luckily I have found this thread. Thanks for all the replies and encouragements! To all my friends out there waiting, I wish you good luck in a speedy approval. Ask me anything if you have questions on your application.

Last edited:

thejunejaster

May 30, 2020
Hi guys,

I just got approved today ✌, and wanted to share my timeline:
  • Applied online = 03-Feb
  • Gave biometrics = 17-Feb
  • Eligibility review started = 27-May
  • Biometric acknowledgement letter = 28-May
  • Approval = 30-May
TAT = 103 days from biometric submission, 117 days from application

Reactions: Feelings92

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi guys, finally I am approved for a 3-years PGWP. Here is my application timeline:

• October 8, 2019 - Applied online.
  • January 10, 2020 - Transferred from Edmonton to Etobicoke.
  • May 27, 2020 - Application status updated, from "We will let you know when we start to review your eligibility..." to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements..." No email notification
  • May 29, 2020 - A final decision has been made, application is approved. No email notification
I submitted my biometrics in December when I was applying a Visitor Record, in case you wonder why they didn't ask for that.

My PGWP application has taken 234 days. That's 7 months and 21 days. It has not been easy waiting anxiously for the entire process but luckily I have found this thread. Thanks for all the replies and encouragements! To all my friends out there waiting, I wish you good luck in a speedy approval. Ask me anything if you have questions on your application.
Hey i even got my PGWP approved today online, yet same here no email update

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I just got approved today ✌, and wanted to share my timeline:
  • Applied online = 03-Feb
  • Gave biometrics = 17-Feb
  • Eligibility review started = 27-May
  • Biometric acknowledgement letter = 28-May
  • Approval = 30-May
TAT = 103 days from biometric submission, 117 days from application
What city you are currently living?

Savan.harsh

Jun 27, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and just submit my application today in canada, this nine months process time really scared me...
anyone submitted on May and had any updates?

Thanks
Got 3 year PGWP in almost 15 days!
Applied on 13th May
Approved on 30th May

*No email notification*

Does anyone know when will I get email notification and it will be the same 3 years length or can be changed?
By when should I expect physical copy?

Reactions: ree14 and kloppity

helenkamala

May 31, 2020
Hi All, I need your guidance, please

My studies have completed on April 24th and my study permit expired on April 30th. I
applied for an extension on March 1st but my process
will be in the hold as I didn't do my biometrics still as service
Canada is closed and my appointment is canceled.

If I apply PGWP on student Implied status whether I can work I got NOC B offer?

I need urgent help on this.

Krmdrkn

Nov 24, 2019
Hi everyone, can please someone help me out?

I applied PGWP inside Canada through GCkey online and here is the timeline so far,

-I applied PGWP at December 13, 2019
-I received Biometric Collection Letter at December 14, 2019
-Gave my Biometrics to Service Canada at December 16, 2019
-I received Correspondence Letter (Regarding to my Biometrics validity date at May 27, 2020

Ever since I haven’t gotten any updates regarding to my application.
I haven’t gotten any other notifications other than I mentioned above.
How long does it take to get an answer after receiving Biometrics Correspondence letter?
What do I do now, I’m little bit frustrated with all this process

Cheers

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I would be really very thankful for your response and help i have a question that will i be able to obtain work permit after completion of certificate? I have applied for Media Fundamentals Certificate which is 36 credits course, which will start from sept 2020 and ends in april 2021, is almost 8 months long, will i be eligible for work permit after that?

Thanks!

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
It is on your CIC account page, under 'View the applications you submitted', click 'Check full application status', then you will be able to see the details of your application. I know they updated my application status because I check my status almost everyday.
How did you know your application was moved from Edmonton to Etobicoke? Where on the application did you see this? I applied in January and still waiting. Thanks.

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Hi everyone, I have not applied for PGWP i am waiting for my grades. Is there any special note i should take in account while applying for it that might delay my PGWP. Do i need to give biometrics for PGWP because I remember I did not give it when I came to Canada 2 years ago. Plus I applied for B1/B2 visa for US they took my fingerprints and I went to Newyork last Christmas. US people took my fingerprints again at the Toronto airport. It mean Canadian Government has my fingerprints too??

MacWartt

Feb 26, 2020
How did you know your application was moved from Edmonton to Etobicoke? Where on the application did you see this? I applied in January and still waiting. Thanks.
It was a correspondence letter (My CIC account notification) informing me that my application has been transferred. Don't worry if you haven't received such notification. Hang in there buddy, I know how anxious it can be to wait for a result.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Did any of you get approved without having to give your biometrics? I'm asking those who have applied after all the biometrics collection centres have been shut down.

Nimble

Jan 23, 2020

I found this out after repeatedly messaging IRCC web form. Didn't get any correspondence about it though like MacWartt did.