+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

zwsea19

Nov 10, 2019
Hi all, when applying for a PGWP, do we have to provide a copy of the current study permit? I have submitted my application last week but did not include a copy of the study permit. Will that affect my application? Thanks!

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hi all, when applying for a PGWP, do we have to provide a copy of the current study permit? I have submitted my application last week but did not include a copy of the study permit. Will that affect my application? Thanks!
It's not one of the required documents, so you're fine. They'll have your UCI number if they want to look it up.

yooo987

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
BC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-06-2020
AOR Received.
23-11-2020
Applied on May 24th and got approval today, good luck guys

Reactions: hhzara

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
Just got approval. So guys, sharing the timelines here
PGWP applied- 15 december, 2019
Biometrics submitted- 23 december, 2019
Approved- 9 June, 2020
Almost after 170 days of wait :)
Amazing, Congrats!! I applied in January and still awaitinga final decision. :(

vish1322

May 1, 2020
Amazing, Congrats!! I applied in January and still awaitinga final decision. :(
No need to worry, be relaxed. I know its easy to say and difficult to implement as my situation was exactly the same just couple of days before. The processing is gonna take its sweet time. Some of my friends got approval in just 15-20 days while some are waiting who applied in December and January. So, it all varies from person to person. And hopefully, you will get it soon. I hope this helps.

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
No need to worry, be relaxed. I know its easy to say and difficult to implement as my situation was exactly the same just couple of days before. The processing is gonna take its sweet time. Some of my friends got approval in just 15-20 days while some are waiting who applied in December and January. So, it all varies from person to person. And hopefully, you will get it soon. I hope this helps.
Yes, its super frustrating (as you should know) I have a full time job and my permit expires soon, so my concern is that I will lose the job if I dont receive the final decision in time.