+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Applied on June 6th. PGWP EXT only valid till Oct 4th and SIN till 30 Sep. I'm afraid what to say to my employer about working on "expired" SIN

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
So I logged into my IRCC account to check any status updates on my PGWP. On the first page where your applications are listed, the one for the PGWP said something like "updated application". I instantly clicked on it, but then on the application's main page there was nothing. I went back and now it just says submitted. Is this what some call "ghost update"?

I didn't receive any emails from IRCC, just went to check as I read that some have gotten approval without an email notification.

Reactions: Ankitagrawalla

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
So I logged into my IRCC account to check any status updates on my PGWP. On the first page where your applications are listed, the one for the PGWP said something like "updated application". I instantly clicked on it, but then on the application's main page there was nothing. I went back and now it just says submitted. Is this what some call "ghost update"?

I didn't receive any emails from IRCC, just went to check as I read that some have gotten approval without an email notification.
Read the status. If it says they are reviewing your eligibility it means that eligibility review has started.
Initially it says we'll let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility but when they start reviewing it changes to we are reviewing your eligibility.

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021

No emails for these messages. Even you won't get an email for approval. You'll get an email when you get the approval letter which is usually next day after approval message.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Read the status. If it says they are reviewing your eligibility it means that eligibility review has started.
Initially it says we'll let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility but when they start reviewing it changes to we are reviewing your eligibility.
I think you're right. It says:

"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

I guess that's good news. Thanks.

BTW, application submitted on May 18th.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I just received an email from IRCC that they updated my application status, I was expecting approval letter after this email, but there's nothing on my application. It's been 24 hours already. Which email do they send us for approval letter? TYIA.