+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Told them the same thing but they seem to be pretty stubborn on this. Maybe because I have not started it yet and since they know its approved they just want the hard copy. Never know, hope to receive it soon. Thank you for your reply tho.
Yeah I think so too. Because I had a start date already before my approval, they were okay with just the WP-EXT document. You're welcome, best wishes :)

Kimduannhi

Aug 26, 2020
I applied PGWP and OWP for my spouse as the same time on May 6th and they sent me the WP-EXT which expired on Sep 4th. Until now, nothing happened. Our visas, our work permits, our MSP cards, our SINs is expired and we really want to go home in January. How can we do now? I’m so depressed We need the PGWP/OWP to extend all out documents.

Kimduannhi

Aug 26, 2020
Hi everyone! My timeline:
Initial PGWP app: May 6
WP-EXT doc: May 7
Approval: Aug 31

If you applied the first week of May, you should be hearing back from them this week. This thread helped me gauge processing times so I hope this update helps. Cheers!
I applied same time with you but my status right now is 'Submitted" :(

levinugurlu

Jun 1, 2022
I applied PGWP and OWP for my spouse as the same time on May 6th and they sent me the WP-EXT which expired on Sep 4th. Until now, nothing happened. Our visas, our work permits, our MSP cards, our SINs is expired and we really want to go home in January. How can we do now? I’m so depressed We need the PGWP/OWP to extend all out documents.
My wife applied May 8th. Everything same as yours. We are waiting too.

chetan0204

Oct 3, 2022
Hey Everyone, I have a question. My work permit applied status letter states this “
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on July 04, 2022 (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number F39789778822 as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until November 01, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immgration and Refugees Protection Regulations. “

and according to processing times, I will get approval letter in December. Will I have to leave canada after 1 November 2022 and stop working before 1 of November?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hey Everyone, I have a question. My work permit applied status letter states this “
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on July 04, 2022 (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present Study permit Number F39789778822 as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until November 01, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
This period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(w) of the Immgration and Refugees Protection Regulations. “

and according to processing times, I will get approval letter in December. Will I have to leave canada after 1 November 2022 and stop working before 1 of November?
You can continue working and living in canada until a decision is made on your application under something called maintained status. Please find the link to that here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Great my permit is to be delivered to London as well. Tomorrow is my 10th day from date of approval. Hope to get it soon. My job offer is on hold due to this. They are insisting on scanned copy of work permit even tho i sent them the approval letter. The system here is a havoc. Not a rant, just stressed
I lived in London for a year and I used to get official correspondence pretty quick. My wife's WO extension, my driver's license, CRA correspondence... they all arrived within a 10-day timeline.

Now I'm living in Hamilton and my new driver's license took 5 weeks (we're still waiting for my wife's). I'm guessing it varies a lot depending on where you live.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I am waiting. Applied April 26th. Called IRCC also. They told to wait till 166 days processing days is breached and then call.
Have you applied alone or with any dependent? If with dependent then it's going to take a long time. Idk the reason behind it but that's what I have heard in many threads here. Raising a Webform is waste of time. Just call them.

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Have you applied alone or with any dependent? If with dependent then it's going to take a long time. Idk the reason behind it but that's what I have heard in many threads here. Raising a Webform is waste of time. Just call them.
Yes you are right.