+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
Don't worry buddy. You'll get it. Sometimes there could be mails for review and approval too. You will get approval letter within a day or two of your application getting approved. I got my approval letter a week back and still wait for the hard copy. You never know what could take what amount of time. With IRCC it really differs case to case.

Reactions: SNP0201

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Don't worry buddy. You'll get it. Sometimes there could be mails for review and approval too. You will get approval letter within a day or two of your application getting approved. I got my approval letter a week back and still wait for the hard copy. You never know what could take what amount of time. With IRCC it really differs case to case.
Thank you bro.

Just received 2nd email and this time it was letter.

Any idea about applying for trv with that letter? Or we have to wait for physical copy of work permit?

AWZ

Sep 24, 2022
Thank you bro.

Just received 2nd email and this time it was letter.

Any idea about applying for trv with that letter? Or we have to wait for physical copy of work permit?
I asked my school and they said the approval letter is enough for trv

Reactions: SNP0201

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
I'm in London, Ontario :)
Great my permit is to be delivered to London as well. Tomorrow is my 10th day from date of approval. Hope to get it soon. My job offer is on hold due to this. They are insisting on scanned copy of work permit even tho i sent them the approval letter. The system here is a havoc. Not a rant, just stressed

Reactions: deadpoolzj92

deadpoolzj92

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Great my permit is to be delivered to London as well. Tomorrow is my 10th day from date of approval. Hope to get it soon. My job offer is on hold due to this. They are insisting on scanned copy of work permit even tho i sent them the approval letter. The system here is a havoc. Not a rant, just stressed
Great! Yeah I understand, the system is really messy here and stress inducing. Luckily my employer did not have any reservations about me working pre-approval with just my WP-EXT document. As soon as I got my PGWP hard copy in the mail, I scanned and sent it and we're good since. I've seen many other applicants being asked constantly about the actual PGWP, even though the WP-EXT doc allows us to work full time until a decision comes. Good luck!

Ankitagrawalla

Feb 8, 2021
Great! Yeah I understand, the system is really messy here and stress inducing. Luckily my employer did not have any reservations about me working pre-approval with just my WP-EXT document. As soon as I got my PGWP hard copy in the mail, I scanned and sent it and we're good since. I've seen many other applicants being asked constantly about the actual PGWP, even though the WP-EXT doc allows us to work full time until a decision comes. Good luck!
Told them the same thing but they seem to be pretty stubborn on this. Maybe because I have not started it yet and since they know its approved they just want the hard copy. Never know, hope to receive it soon. Thank you for your reply tho.

Reactions: deadpoolzj92