+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

thuanhduong01

Oct 2, 2017
Hello everyone. In the letter I received from IRCC after submitting my work permit request, its written I can work until 6th October or whenever decision has been made, whichever is sooner. Does anyone else has the same problem? does it mean if I don't hear back by 6th October I'm not on implied status anymore?

Hey, I got the same letter and asked IRCC. The agent told me that the deadline doesn't mean anything. We can still work after that date if we still haven't had the final decision yet. Below is the letter that she sent me to reassure my employer :) I hope it helps

Coronavirus - Maintained status and authorization to work without a permit

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your status. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.

Here is why the letter expires after 120 days:

• This is the service standard to process this type of application, and
  • Many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work,
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada.
If your employer or others require proof that you can continue to work, you can show them:

• This email,
  • The information on our website,
  • Your expired immigration document,
  • A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your account,
  • Proof that you paid the fees, and/or
  • If you received a Request Letter from IRCC, a copy of that letter.
For more information on maintained status, we invite you to consult our website.

thuanhduong01

Oct 2, 2017
I applied on 15th of May. Yesterday, the eligibility review was updated to: we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Since then, there is no change. I was expecting an update yesterday or today but nothing happened. Is this something I should worry about?
Have you received your WP yet? If yes, was it the day after the eligibility check?

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
So, looks like the "check your application status" estimate (finalizing most from May 1-8) turns out to be more accurate than the "check processing times" estimate (56 days).

according to the regression of my curated data there'd be at least *some* May 18 application getting approved around Aug 1 (considering weekends/holiday it'll be Aug 3 : )

Last edited:

rogers2929

Jul 14, 2021
I applied on July 14th and honestly this wait is killing me. It’s worse now that I know they are taking ages. Objectively when can I expect to receive an answer?
Wait for 1.5 months at least. Processing is going on for 16th-21st May applicants, You haven't waited 60 days yet. Ideally: End of September

Deepakhr91

Jul 7, 2021
May 14th Eligibility review is still in progress form July 16th still nothing has been updated. I raised webform also still no update.

Any one waiting on May 14th