+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Deepakhr91

Jul 7, 2021
Anyone waiting on May14th with just eligibility review started It’s been 10days that eligibility review started any pointers I raised an webform also and mailed COC ottowo for further updates but no reply

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
I really don’t understand why it’s so slow. A couple of months ago they were processing permits in q matter of days, my friend applied on May 19th and absolutely nothing has changed, as well as lots of people on this forum.

JzR

Jun 29, 2021
I really don’t understand why it’s so slow. A couple of months ago they were processing permits in q matter of days, my friend applied on May 19th and absolutely nothing has changed, as well as lots of people on this forum.
They are zombie walking through the applications. No choice but to wait

Applicant HM

Jul 29, 2021
Hello, I've applied for PGWP outside Canada (IND) on May 18th, 2021. My eligibility review has not started yet and the current processing time is 19 weeks.

Is there anyone who applied from India around the same time and received their final decision? If yes, what was the time line? I am really concerned as my full time job offer is on hold as I'm unable to travel.

Reactions: Yosola

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello, I've applied for PGWP outside Canada (IND) on May 18th, 2021. My eligibility review has not started yet and the current processing time is 19 weeks.

Is there anyone who applied from India around the same time and received their final decision? If yes, what was the time line? I am really concerned as my full time job offer is on hold as I'm unable to travel.
If you had a job offer, you really shouldn't have travelled abroad. PGWP for outland candidates is extremely low priority judging by inconsistent and long processing times

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021

Try calling the IRCC for an urgent referral https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/eligibility/urgent-referrals.html

Applicant HM

Jul 29, 2021
If you had a job offer, you really shouldn't have travelled abroad. PGWP for outland candidates is extremely low priority judging by inconsistent and long processing times
Unfortunately, it was an emergency (due to death in the family). So, had to travel.

Last edited:

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
I did see some guy on reddit applied from outland on may 18 and got it yesterday so yeah outland applications are not "slow", just "unpredictable" lol. But overall I do think inland should be faster.