+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hello everyone. In the letter I received from IRCC after submitting my work permit request, its written I can work until 6th October or whenever decision has been made, whichever is sooner. Does anyone else has the same problem? does it mean if I don't hear back by 6th October I'm not on implied status anymore?
When did you apply?

jarvisw

Sep 23, 2020
Hello everyone. In the letter I received from IRCC after submitting my work permit request, its written I can work until 6th October or whenever decision has been made, whichever is sooner. Does anyone else has the same problem? does it mean if I don't hear back by 6th October I'm not on implied status anymore?
Don't think the letter means anything. As per immigration law you are indefinitely under implied status as long as the result is not out yet. Of course don't travel outside of Canada especially if your visa is expiring during the wait.

ehsanzare

Jun 13, 2021
Don't think the letter means anything. As per immigration law you are indefinitely under implied status as long as the result is not out yet. Of course don't travel outside of Canada especially if your visa is expiring during the wait.
yeah, but do you also have a deadline in the letter?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I only saw this from my wife’s SOWP extension application. But for my PGWP extension, I don’t have the “until” date.

svelkumar

May 2, 2018
Let us hope that happens and folks from the May 16th timeline can update us in that regard
Whoever submitted on May 16th (Sunday), IRCC would received on May17th? So it should be May 17th and there will be lot of applications on May 17th. For each date, IRCC taking minimum of one week.

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
Whoever submitted on May 16th (Sunday), IRCC would received on May17th? So it should be May 17th and there will be lot of applications on May 17th. For each date, IRCC taking minimum of one week.
Can you please elaborate more about each date ?

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Is anyone going to apply for TR to PR OWP under new policy while waiting for the other application to be approved?

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Do you think it will change something in the process? I'm still waiting for my PWGD approve since May 27th...
Not really, it’s just a “insurance policy” in case something happens. I believe the person gets the refund on one of the applications if that is the case…

Reactions: roissingue