+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
received my GCMS notes. In the assessment section it shows, Eligibility: passed, and Final: approved. However, checking online doesn’t show any update. Is there anything else to check on gcms notes. How to proceed from this situation.
You send a webform, or even call the client support center.
I think the CSC is better, they go deep and check what status it is, ask them for eligibility etc. Even tell them you saw the GCMS notes say final is approved.
They might speed up the printing part.

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Guys,
How long does it take these days on average to get the work permit approved after applying, I am graduating this Friday and I have requested my college for an expedited graduation letter and am not sure if that's enough for applying for a work permit and getting it approved
It would be really helpful if someone can shed some light on my query
TIA

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Guys,
How long does it take these days on average to get the work permit approved after applying, I am graduating this Friday and I have requested my college for an expedited graduation letter and am not sure if that's enough for applying for a work permit and getting it approved
It would be really helpful if someone can shed some light on my query
TIA
The current processing time is 37 days. You can check the processing time using this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You need to submit a graduation letter and your unofficial transcript along with a letter of explanation mentioning that you are in the process of getting the official transcript.

Reactions: VibinJoby

arokpp9

Dec 9, 2020
Hi all,
I got my letter approval and physical wp last week and just have time to put some tip for who have the same timeline with me. Here is my timeline
- Graduated & received official letter on August 20,2020
-Applied on Sep 4,2020
- First letter correspondence on Dec 06,2020
- No update
- first webform submitted to IRCC on Dec 14,2020 to ask for an update
- first call IRCC on Feb 20,2021 to ask for an update and requested the representative to put an urgent request. And she told me to call back on March 15,2021 if there is no update
-second call IRCC on March 17,2021 and asking for another update and urgent request again
- March 19,2021 sent out an webform and saying that I needed to know my decision because my employer wanted to know the result before they hand me over more responsibilities. I attached all my 3 months paystubs, employment verification as the proof of my current employment in health care sector.
- my background check was changed to N/A on March 21,2021
- got the online approval on March 25, 2021
-Received the physical wp on March 28,2021.
my case is a bit complicated where total of study years were6 in total (2 years diploma, 3.5 years degree), sometime in diploma, I worked more than 20 hours per week however I maintained my full time. During my second final term, due to my complicated health issue, i had to do spend sometime in my back home and having a gap around 3-4 months. I was so worried about my pgwp but finally i got the decision and It was the best day of my life .
Can you please dm me as I have applied on Sep 9 and still no info -- I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
My employer wants me to start working right away, I have the official letter of completion and have ordered the official transcripts which will come in 2 weeks. Can I apply with the unofficial transcripts downloaded from the university website? I have seen on the forum some people got rejected because of not providing the official transcript.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
My employer wants me to start working right away, I have the official letter of completion and have ordered the official transcripts which will come in 2 weeks. Can I apply with the unofficial transcripts downloaded from the university website? I have seen on the forum some people got rejected because of not providing the official transcript.
I got approved with an unofficial transcript and graduation letter. You can add a letter of explanation saying that you have work available immediately and that it will get delayed if you wait for the official transcript.

You can start working once you apply.

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I got approved with an unofficial transcript and graduation letter. You can add a letter of explanation saying that you have work available immediately and that it will get delayed if you wait for the official transcript.

You can start working once you apply.
Thanks! should i include the offer letter from employer?

Hemanth202

Nov 28, 2018
I have applied for my PGWP on April 5 no update yet my GCKEY says application submitted no Changes have been made so far. People like all my friends who applied on the same day have got there PGWP last week and also got there PGWP papers as well. I know the processing time is 37 days, But do I have to be worried??? Is there something I can do to know what’s going on…?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Harry.chauhan31

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I have applied for my PGWP on April 5 no update yet my GCKEY says application submitted no Changes have been made so far. People like all my friends who applied on the same day have got there PGWP last week and also got there PGWP papers as well. I know the processing time is 37 days, But do I have to be worried??? Is there something I can do to know what’s going on…?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Sometime it depends on how file is and sometimes its random. If your file is complex then it may take longer. I have been waiting since january 16,2021. Some are waiting since last year. So cant say anything. Did you have any part-time or drop?