+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

_frankenstein

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Applied: March 26 (in-land)
Eligibility started: Apr 16
Approved: Apr 19
Situation: 2 years MSc

I did not receive any email notifications, though! I had to log in and see it says Approved. I also don't have any messages! Will I receive a message, like a PDF of the work permit that's gonna be mailed, or it's just how this works?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello guys,
I just got my Work Permit. I re-applied after getting a refusal. I was out of 180 days as well. Guys never lose hope. All the best to everyone waiting for their PGWP.
Re-applied - March 06, 2021
Approved - April 20, 2021
Length - 1 year.
Congrats !!!!
That's great news.

Reactions: Exotic

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Applied for PGWP extension by paper after renewing my passport.
March 15, 2021: Application Received
April 21, 2021: Eligibility Reviewed
April 21, 2021: Approved
VO is Edmonton.
Application received meaning when paper application was delivered by Canada post to the destination? Or did you receive an acknowledgement receipt by post, too? Were you able to link your paper application to your gckey account?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Riri15

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Application received meaning when paper application was delivered by Canada post to the destination? Or did you receive an acknowledgement receipt by post, too? Were you able to link your paper application to your gckey account?

Thanks in advance.
Application received is when it was delivered by Canada Post to the VO. Which will appear on the Application itself.
I called IRCC yesterday and apparently you won't receive a confirmation letter for this.
Yes, I was able to link my application to my account using my Client number, last name and passport number and few questions.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Application received is when it was delivered by Canada Post to the VO. Which will appear on the Application itself.
I called IRCC yesterday and apparently you won't receive a confirmation letter for this.
Yes, I was able to link my application to my account using my Client number, last name and passport number and few questions.
Thank you! I also submitted a paper application for my PGWP extension. And as per Canada Post tracking, was delivered to VO on April 7th. After how many days were you able to link your application?

Again, thank you.

Ranjit122

Apr 22, 2021
Hey, just got to know that my Application for PGWP (re-applied after refusal) is at Operations support Centre, Ottawa. Is anyone aware of this location like - Processing times and if open during lockdown or not?
Hello,
I am in the same boat. I have been doing my research and know the reason for the refused PGWP is due to not maintaining full time status. I have completed my 3 years bachelor degree with 3 part time studies. The part time studies were solely because of special student status and inability to maintain good standing in university. And it was mentioned in my letter of explanation. Fast-forward to today, I have just received a refusal letter.

I have a possible job line up this fall. But I don’t think it will pass the LMIA since the job is very generic ie business support.If I was to reapply for PGWP, will the result be the same? Or will consulting to a third party help with my application? Thanks for helping.

Harry.chauhan31

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I tried calling them and i got to know its still in my local office and its open and someone is working on it. Thats all i got to know.
Does calling IRCC regularly affect application?

jase3708

Star Member
Aug 6, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-03-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
File Transfer...
30-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-03-2021
Passport Req..
12-06-2021
I tried calling them and i got to know its still in my local office and its open and someone is working on it. Thats all i got to know.
Does calling IRCC regularly affect application?
no there is no penalty for calling IRCC multiple times. But please do know that they do record When you called.