+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I completed the same program. Actually i was in my last year when one day i just received a letter in my cic account asking for my transcript and my compliance with the study permit but i had valid reasons with supporting documents and now i have Completed my program and i will applying for my pgwp. I just want to know if i give reference to the old explanation letter for pgwp.
Thanks for clarify. Yes you can include explanation to justify your valid reasons. however, The reason were asked that time to justify if you are complying to the conditions of your permit, most likely after receiving report from your School. Im not sure how you will overcome gap in your studies when applying for your PGWP this time.

Umairkh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I completed the same program. Actually i was in my last year when one day i just received a letter in my cic account asking for my transcript and my compliance with the study permit but i had valid reasons with supporting documents and now i have Completed my program and i will applying for my pgwp. I just want to know if i give reference to the old explanation letter for pgwp.
Thanks for replying. Actually i explained each and every gap i had in studies due to the reasons beyond my control. I took counselling sessions and my doctor has mentioned that i am suffering from depression. I clearly explained all the gaps in my studies with supporting documents. My university counselling services write a letter that they are aware of my situation and i am taking sessions to improve my condition. I don't know if i will be successful but i am hoping that it works.

Recently one guy applied for pgwp after 7 years of sp and completed one year course. He mentioned that he was struggling with his daughter custody and he was not in a situation to study at that time and he received a permit for three years so i am just hoping for the best. I will include all the medical history of mine i was suffering from ulcers and i literally couldn't control my bowel moment so i had to take a leave to better my situation and after that things took a bad turn my parents health my father was critical depression and all but after explaining ircc i completed my studies and i never enrolled part-time.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for replying. Actually i explained each and every gap i had in studies due to the reasons beyond my control. I took counselling sessions and my doctor has mentioned that i am suffering from depression. I clearly explained all the gaps in my studies with supporting documents. My university counselling services write a letter that they are aware of my situation and i am taking sessions to improve my condition. I don't know if i will be successful but i am hoping that it works.

Recently one guy applied for pgwp after 7 years of sp and completed one year course. He mentioned that he was struggling with his daughter custody and he was not in a situation to study at that time and he received a permit for three years so i am just hoping for the best. I will include all the medical history of mine i was suffering from ulcers and i literally couldn't control my bowel moment so i had to take a leave to better my situation and after that things took a bad turn my parents health my father was critical depression and all but after explaining ircc i completed my studies and i never enrolled part-time.
Hopeful officer will consider your situation. I feel sorry for that but I guess you are doing well now.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello,

I am also in the process of applying for PGWP.

Do we attach all our Study Permits and Co-Op Permits under Client Information?

Abdul S

Oct 21, 2020
You send a webform, or even call the client support center.
I think the CSC is better, they go deep and check what status it is, ask them for eligibility etc. Even tell them you saw the GCMS notes say final is approved.
They might speed up the printing part.
I called IRCC and raised a webform stating the approved status on gcms notes, along with the pgwp document number stated on gcms notes, and all they replied is to wait as it's still under process.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello,

I applied for PGWP yesterday and today I got a letter from IRCC that:

I need to attach this letter as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is this normal?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

I need to attach this letter as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is this normal?
Yep, you can work unlimited hours now.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Hello,

Is this normal?
Yes, you're on implied status.

Auroraca

Apr 20, 2021
@noelvictoria and @captainarabiia Okay thank you. I was just surprised that it came one day after I submitted my file.

Does this mean they process applications faster now? Or is it like a template when you submit PGWP, you get this kind of letter ASAP?
I did not receive that letter. Only Confirmation Letter that IRCC received my application. Btw, I submitted for PGWP from beginning of February and still waiting. Is this normal?

Dhrumil shah

May 8, 2021
Hello everyone,
I want to discuss my scenario and looking for any suggestions if Myself can be helped.
I am done with my graduation on 30th April and applied for my work permit(initial) on 5th May.
Meanwhile I had applied for an opening and got selected on 4th May by government firm.
I informed the employer without work permit we can not give you an employment, I provided them the submission confirmation thou.
Now should I call IRCC for prioritizing my application describing my scenario or I should wait?
On official page processing time shows 38 days I am afraid if I will wait for that duration my position will be offered to someone else.
What should I do?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I want to discuss my scenario and looking for any suggestions if Myself can be helped.
I am done with my graduation on 30th April and applied for my work permit(initial) on 5th May.
Meanwhile I had applied for an opening and got selected on 4th May by government firm.
I informed the employer without work permit we can not give you an employment, I provided them the submission confirmation thou.
Now should I call IRCC for prioritizing my application describing my scenario or I should wait?
On official page processing time shows 38 days I am afraid if I will wait for that duration my position will be offered to someone else.
What should I do?
I feel sorry for your situation, most employers are not aware with “implied status”, they want proof of citizen/PR or work permit. Other than that it doesnt sit well with them. As today is May 07 and you applied on May 05, it is unlikely you will receive within this month. Situation with pandemic make it so uncertain

Unfortunately if your employer cannot wait, then they will give that offer to someone else, provided they cant go ahead with your “implied status”. Sending webform 2days after submission i dont think will help.You either pass it or convinced your employer

Reactions: Dhrumil shah

VibinJoby

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Hello everyone,
What should I do?
I was in your similar situation I got my offer on April 5th and I submitted my PGWP application on May 5th, the employer postponed my initial joining date from May 4th to May 18th and told me that they can onboard me provided I have all the necessary work authorization documents even though I come under the implied status, so I sent them my study permit mentioning that it states I can work off-campus, a graduation letter and the PGWP submitted application PDF with the below link for their reference
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1507&top=15
Although I haven't got a response yet, you could try something similar, if that helps

Reactions: Dhrumil shah