+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Who else applied for PGWP waiting to give biometrics and application status changed from "your action is required" to "submitted"?

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Interesting thread! Can one travel back to Canada amid Covid-19 if PGWP is issued outside of Canada?

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As of now you need proof that you have a valid full-time job offer to do so.
Any idea what kind of job will work just to let me in Canada? I was hoping to find a job after I return to Canada, but the virus ruined my plans.

Anshveer

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
What documents are needed to apply for pgwp? How many days will it take if i have already given biometrics before

Thalyssa

Jun 27, 2019
What documents are needed for pgwp and what officer check while giving that???
Other than the work permit application and family information form. They need a copy of your official transcript to prove that you remained a full time student throughout and a stamped letter (from your university) stating that you have completed your degree programme.

If you have given biometrics before, than it'll probably speed track your application. I have yet to give mine because Service Canada isn't taking biometrics at this time, and I was exempt from biometrics collection when I applied for a student permit.

Last edited:

Gigixo

May 2, 2020
An authorized leave of 53 days and PGWP eligibility?

Hi all.
I am finishing my last semester (2 years of a diploma program and will be applying for PGWP very soon. However I have a question that I wanna seek ideas and advices from you guys so I can know what to do in order to support my PGWP application.
My academic timeline:
1) Winter 2019: Full time
2) Summer 2019: Full time from May 2019 to July 10/2019: The reason is because my semester 2 required us to score 70% on each midterm exams to be able to finish the second half of the semester and they are all co-requisites (if you score one less than 70%, you fail every other ones too) . I scored one less than 70% which I was required to withdraw of my remaining semester 2 and fill the readmission to repeat semester 2 again in the Fall 2019. So I was authorized a leave from July 10/ 2019 to September 2nd 2019 (53 days ish)
3) Fall 2019: Full time (repeated semester 2)
4) Winter 2020: Full time
5) Summer 2020: Full time
I have the support letter from my program coordinator and I wrote another letter on my own too, I will also attach all the course outlines (in which, they do mention the requirements for midterms too). Is there anything else I need to gather in order to support my application you think ? Thank you so much, please if you guys stop by and know some answers for this, please leave me a comment, I’d really appreciate it!

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Do they still ask you to do biometric or it has been waived?
Not waived, they are still asking for my biometrics in the application detail section: "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." The biometric part in the applicant information section stays empty, which makes sense because I have not given my biometrics due to all service canada closing.

What about you? Do they still ask you for biometrics as well?

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Not waived, they are still asking for my biometrics in the application detail section: "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details."

What about you? Do they still ask you for biometrics as well?
For me nothing has changed.