+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

narabaq

Jul 4, 2020
So I recently found out that they require a copy of stamps/visas on my passport. However, I lost 2 of my passports in the past 10 years and my current passport doesn't have any stamps. Therefore I just submitted my biography page and study permit.

I submitted a letter of explanation through web form mentioning my 2 lost passports, dates I'm sure I entered Canada through, and told them I requested a travel history report from CBSA which I will submit through the web form once I get it. Is there anything else I can do at this point?

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
So I recently found out that they require a copy of stamps/visas on my passport. However, I lost 2 of my passports in the past 10 years and my current passport doesn't have any stamps. Therefore I just submitted my biography page and study permit.

I submitted a letter of explanation through web form mentioning my 2 lost passports, dates I'm sure I entered Canada through, and told them I requested a travel history report from CBSA which I will submit through the web form once I get it. Is there anything else I can do at this point?
I think you should be alright, you can always call IRCC call center and talk to an agent, they will tell you what to do in the case there is more.

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
PGWP Finally got approval!
Applied Jan 27, 2020
Eligibility Review July 6, 2020
Approved July 6, 2020

Total of 161 days since application submission and final decision.
I called IRCC so many times to follow up, also sent webforms a few times. It was very frustrating especially seeing others who applied later getting approval within 2/3 weeks with no progress of my own, so for anyone who is still awaiting a final decision after months, you will hear something soon. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Last edited:

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
Finally got approval!
Applied Jan 27, 2020
Approved July 6, 2020

Total of 161 days awaiting final decision.
I called IRCC so many times to follow up, also sent webforms a few times. It was very frustrating especially seeing others who applied later getting approval within 2/3 weeks with no progress of my own, so for anyone who is still awaiting a final decision after months, you will hear something soon. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Congrats TanKin. Did you apply from within Canada?

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
Finally got approval!
Applied Jan 27, 2020
Approved July 6, 2020

Total of 161 days awaiting final decision.
Congrats. When did you submit your biometrics and was it inland?

Reactions: Harman36

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Does anyone know how we schedule an appointment at Service Canada once it opens?
Is there somewhere I can create an account ahead of time so when they open I'm ready to make the appointment?

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
In the biometrics letter, it says it's walk-in. Just show up there with your printed letter, queue, and that's it.
On mine it says very clearly "Before you go, you need to make an appointment."
It's not a huge issue, I'm sure it's very easy to do. I just wanted to be prepared.