+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

beliza

Jun 23, 2020
thank you guys on this forum for helping with my pgwp . I lost my study permit status April 27th because both my passport and study permit expired on April 27th. i was meant to get my international passport renewed on April 7th and needed to submit bio metric to my country"s embassy in Ottawa but due to the lock down no way to fly to Ottawa or even send in a study permit extension application due to my expired passport , i finally got my passport June 15
applied for restoration and pgwp June 19th got approved June 23rd. included a letter in my application to explain this
had two part time between my four year program winter 2017 and winter 2018 didn't include a letter of explanation for this , but i would just advice you do just for rest of mind.
advice: if you are an international student please do all you can to maintain a full time student status to avoid denial for pgwp because you dont know if your application may go to a strict officer.

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
Anyone else applied for a PGWP from outside Canada? I applied from Japan and gave my biometrics (VACs are open here) on June 9. Last week my eligibility review started ("We're reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements.") and my background check section is showing "We are processing your background check". From what I've read in this thread, the wait time between the start of the review and a final decision is usually a couple of days. Is anyone else in the same boat? Thanks a lot in advance and good luck to all.

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Just received my approval letter today.

Applied: 9th June
Correspondence letter: 22nd June
Approval letter: 24th June

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: sidix52831

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys
I applied my pgwp online aug 22
It was taking too much to process
So I decided to flagpole and i got my pgwp through flagpole. So i wanted to know is there any option we can withdraw online application and get refund?
Which Province are you located in? I've applied for my PGWP since January of this year and still have not received a final decision. I was thinking of reapplying online (as I've seen post of recent application getting approved, also saw a post where someone was also waiting and reapplied and got it) or doing flagpole but that seems out of the question as the borders aren't open. Can anyone flagpole?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Is someone waiting and applied by mail, paper based, or am I the only one? Do you think it is ok that I resubmit online?

Harjotsingh1999

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Applied for PGWP yesterday on 24 June. Got biometric request on 25 June. Lets see what happens now as all the biometric office are closed. Anyone knows when they will reopen?

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Anyone else applied for a PGWP from outside Canada? I applied from Japan and gave my biometrics (VACs are open here) on June 9. Last week my eligibility review started ("We're reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements.") and my background check section is showing "We are processing your background check". From what I've read in this thread, the wait time between the start of the review and a final decision is usually a couple of days. Is anyone else in the same boat? Thanks a lot in advance and good luck to all.
I am also in similar situation as I applied from outside
my eligibility review started over a month ago.

I believe no approval will be given to applications outside canada at this time until the temporary suspension of application is lifted.

Reactions: sidix52831

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
I am also in similar situation as I applied from outside
my eligibility review started over a month ago.

I believe no approval will be given to applications outside canada at this time until the temporary suspension of application is lifted.
Ah I see. I believe the IRCC website says the suspension will last until at least June 30? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence.html

Richii

Apr 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
Is someone waiting and applied by mail, paper based, or am I the only one? Do you think it is ok that I resubmit online?
I applied by paper application for the PGWP and restoration on 2nd of jan. Till now I haven’t heard anything about my application.

sekudeepakkumar

Jun 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,
i graduated from Dalhousie in the month of may 2020, my study permit is valid till November 2020, due to medical emergency I had to return to India for treatment and i am still recovering, I have also applied for pgwp while I was in Canada, in the current COVID situation would I be able to travel back to Canada on student visa?

i have heard that the airline people are not allowing to board even if we have valid study permit which is approved before March 2020, mine was approved September 2018.

please let me know If anyone else is in the same situation or help me with your valuable suggestions on how to proceed.

thank you