+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

annie11

May 16, 2019
Hi. I started college in May 2017. I recieved my completion letter from college for my Arts diploma and the date is April 22 2020 that they say I finished my diploma. The letter is dated May 6 and I received it May 8. My study permit expires on July 31. I don't have the best record in College. I'm good with studies but due to some personal and mental health issues my attendance wasn't great. I failed and repeated 4 courses and I got an A or atleast a B in them and most of the courses. I did one part time semester last year in Summer because when I was talking about it to my college counselor, she didn't tell me it'll affect my eligibility when I asked her if I'm allowed to be part time just for one semester because my mental health was suffering. I know it's no excuse but I would've never studied part time if I had known it'll affect my eligibility for pgwp.
Also, I'm married to a Canadian citizen for about 15 months now. We've known each other for almost 3 years and he's willing to sponsor me.I just really wanted to atleast get a work permit on my own considering I've spent a lot of money on my college education.
What do I do now? If someone has any suggestions please help.

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Reactions: sidix52831

sekudeepakkumar

Jun 24, 2020
Hi Guys, I recently graduated from Dalhousie and applied for pgwp while I was in Canada. Due to medical emergency I had to come to India for few months. I wasn't able to give my biometrics while I was in canada. Can I give biometrics in India and should i intimate ircc that I have travelled to home country for medical reasons? If so which mail or whom to inform regarding this issue? Please help with your suggestions on how to proceed.

I can travel back after I recover ,My study permit is valid till November but I heard students are not allowed to travel back in this COVID situation.