+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

skillfullmine

Jul 9, 2020
Is there anyone that applied after the 27th January/ Beginning February got accepted also?
your application is taking alot of time, most people in this period get a respond whithin 2-3 weeks. did you contact ircc; and what have they been telling you? did you apply by mail or online?

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
Do you have any idea why they took so long to process your application?
No, I am not aware why, I just believe it's possibly because it was sent in prior to the pandemic that officer who first got my file wasn't working and it was left undone ..... there were many people who submitted way after and got their final decisions within weeks .... I have no idea, I know there has been a few similar cases.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I applied my PGWP on June 3 and received correspondence letter on June 12 but after that I have not got any update. All of my friends who applied have received their PGWP. Tried calling IRCC but only computer responded.

anyone who can tell how can I talk to an agent of Ircc

Harman36

Apr 29, 2020
I Am also waiting as i applied for study permit extension on January 28 given biometrics on 6th feb and my study got done in april and on april 28 i got a letter to submit transcript after that no response and i also applied for pgwp on may 1st..still waiting.

skillfullmine

Jul 9, 2020
I applied my PGWP on June 3 and received correspondence letter on June 12 but after that I have not got any update. All of my friends who applied have received their PGWP. Tried calling IRCC but only computer responded.

Have you tried sending webforms as well?

Thalyssa

Jun 27, 2019
Applied June 28, but can't give biometrics (there was no biometrics requirement when I applied for my student permit). I probably not get it until next year at this rate.

Applied within Canada.

Last edited:

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020

I've called IRCC call center multiple time and this is how you can reach an agent. Call IRCC using the number here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html. I don't remember the exact buttons I pressed but it was something like this sequence: temporary residents => work permit => speak to a agent(it was pressing 0 I believe). Call them the first thing in the morning 9am, the wait time should be within 20 minutes or so.

TanKin

Jun 20, 2016
Can they tell me around which date I would get a result for the PGWP?
No, the agents are not the officers who approve the permits so I am doubtful they are able to. If you are working during the pandemic and your job is considered "essential" you can tell this to the agent who will put a note of your file for the officer reviewing and possibility it will be expedited.