+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Riri15

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Not waived, they are still asking for my biometrics in the application detail section: "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details." The biometric part in the applicant information section stays empty, which makes sense because I have not given my biometrics due to all service canada closing.

What about you? Do they still ask you for biometrics as well?
I just sent a webform letting them know that I'm unable to provide biometrics at this point since the collection are still canceled. We will see how it goes. I applied May 14, when did you applied?

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
I just sent a webform letting them know that I'm unable to provide biometrics at this point since the collection are still canceled. We will see how it goes. I applied May 14, when did you applied?
I applied on May 23 - hopefully the next step they will allow biometrics to be taken since some service canada locations are reopening soon. Let's just wait it out I guess.

Reactions: Riri15

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Anyone applied in June with biometrics already done got a response or still waiting?
hi, i applied on 3 june, my biometrics were ALready done Back in india during study permit process, i received correspondence letter on 12 june after that no update. Have you received the Correspondence letter? Also, my bg check is in process from One month. All of my friend who applied after me have received they PGWP.

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
Any idea what kind of job will work just to let me in Canada? I was hoping to find a job after I return to Canada, but the virus ruined my plans.
I'm not sure how you can secure employment while outside the country and the Canadian economy is in pretty bad shape right now.

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
I just received a correspondence letter confirming the validity of my biometrics. I applied outside Canada in a country where the VACs are open.

sidix52831

Jun 23, 2020
Got approved today for my PGWP applied from outside Canada. My timeline is as follows.

May 14 - Applied
June 8 - Biometrics at VAC
June 9 - Eligibility review started
July 14 - Correspondence letter
July 14 - Approved, original passport request

Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: fakelucio

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Got approved today for my PGWP applied from outside Canada. My timeline is as follows.

May 14 - Applied
June 8 - Biometrics at VAC
June 9 - Eligibility review started
July 14 - Correspondence letter
July 14 - Approved, original passport request

Best of luck to everyone
What does it mean when they request the original passport? They accepted you but you need to send the original passport?