+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Folfire

Sep 16, 2019
Dear Everyone

I have read the posts and I understand it will take a while to get the PGWP. I submitted my application on August 16 and it's a single permit (no family). My SIN expired August 31 but I understand I can still work, no problem. The question that I have is regarding the French courses that Montreal Immigration gov offers with some financial incentives. It requires the SIN and also "a valid date of expiration". Does anyone have any experience with it? If I try using the expiry date it just bounces off and can't proceed. My guess is I would have to wait for the PGWP then get a new expiry date of the SIN. Or has anyone got any other way to solve this?

Thank you!

Potter3x6

Sep 6, 2019
Dear Everyone

I have read the posts and I understand it will take a while to get the PGWP. I submitted my application on August 16 and it's a single permit (no family). My SIN expired August 31 but I understand I can still work, no problem. The question that I have is regarding the French courses that Montreal Immigration gov offers with some financial incentives. It requires the SIN and also "a valid date of expiration". Does anyone have any experience with it? If I try using the expiry date it just bounces off and can't proceed. My guess is I would have to wait for the PGWP then get a new expiry date of the SIN. Or has anyone got any other way to solve this?

Thank you!
Folfire, can you share the course name/who conducted it? I want to join

Optimistic11

Sep 10, 2019
I applied on June 4th. No update as well. I read it somewhere that the processing time is 110 days. I am thinking of calling them if I didn't get any update before June24th ( in my case )

kunaldaryani

May 17, 2019
Applied on 21st May and still haven't heard anything back..
Has anyone recently called them to ask on which day's application they are working on?

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Applied on 21st May and still haven't heard anything back..
Has anyone recently called them to ask on which day's application they are working on?
I called IRRC two days ago they told me that they are still working on applications for 22 May and onwards.

devinelight

May 8, 2019
Help! TRV application: can I use the letter of approval from the message section to apply for TRV? Or I need to wait till the physical copy of the work permit before submitting my TRV application? Thanks in advance.

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Help! TRV application: can I use the letter of approval from the message section to apply for TRV? Or I need to wait till the physical copy of the work permit before submitting my TRV application? Thanks in advance.
I believe you have to wait for the physical copy

Sudheer Kumar

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied on May 16, still no update. Called IRCC on sept 12th they told me that they they are going to send notification to immigration. I called again on sept 17th they told me that we already sent notification. I really worried whats going on. Please suggest me. Thanks.