+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Metin786

Jul 26, 2019
Applied June 5 and still waiting. Hoping I get approved soon
My application approved today, after 44 days.
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Is that mean that i will get 100% my visa stamped after passport submission ?

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
My application approved today, after 44 days.
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Is that mean that i will get 100% my visa stamped after passport submission ?
I believe so. I don't think they'll ask you to submit your passport if they were going to refuse your application

vp2019

Jul 15, 2019
I've been following this thread ever since the day I submitted mine, and I just got approved today. I just want to say thank you and good luck to everyone.
Also, I part timed 4 semesters out of 5 years of study and I still got my 3 year PGWP just relax, you'll be fine.
Congrats! Did you submit a letter of explanation from yourself or from your school?

Rhub

Aug 29, 2019
Also I had submitted a change via webform in my mailing address on August 15th for which I received no update or confirmation

Old address was in Montreal
And new address is in Vancouver

Kinda worried where the permit will be mailed now
Did you receive your work permit at your old address or new address? As i changed my address too but did not receive any re

sinclair7x7

Sep 13, 2019
Hey, once it is approved, how much time does it take to get delivered? (I am in Vancouver)

I applied on June 10th and I work full-time now

My SIN expires Sept 30 and need to extend it ASAP otherwise I may have to stop working (Can I do something about that if it isn't delivered to me on time?)

I attached a copy of transcript with the application, will that be of any help?

And yes, Biometrics are pending as well. How much time will that take?

Last edited:

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Hey, once it is approved, how much time does it take to get delivered? (I am in Vancouver)

I applied on June 10th and I work full-time now

My SIN expires Sept 30 and need to extend it ASAP otherwise I may have to stop working (Can I do something about that if it isn't delivered to me on time?)

I attached a copy of transcript with the application, will that be of any help?

And yes, Biometrics are pending as well. How much time will that take?
For applications made within Canada, no biometrics are needed. And based on other peoples timelines on this forum, seems like it takes about a week and a few days to be delivered back.

Mannal

Sep 12, 2019
Hi, I have applied for PGWP on May 29 but no updates yet. I am working and my SIN expired on 31 August 2019. Do I need to stop working or I can continue since I am waiting on the decision for my application?