+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

Papito Will

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
I got this response from IRCC for the webform I submitted 15 days ago. They extended it by 45 days from the original deadline.

Dear PRUDHVI PINNINTI,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa.
Please note that a 60 day extension has been granted for the submission of Mexico Police Certificate. The new deadline is 2023-08-13.
Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Hi PRUDHVI

Would you mind to share what you submitted with your webform?

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
No que yo sepa, es mejor que lo hagas a la manera de la embajada y solo ten paciencia.
sabes si tienden a no aceptarlo? mi abogada dice que si se puede hacer la solicitud y enviarlo debidamente traducido... y no se que hacer, por un lado la espera... pero por otro, y que tal si no lo aceptan? :(

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi PRUDHVI

Would you mind to share what you submitted with your webform?
I have submitted the delivery acknowledgement from FedEx and the emails I sent the Canada embassy. I mentioned I tried everything I could but did not get any response yet. So, extend timeline by 60 days more.

Reactions: Maria0000

Canzavwil

May 26, 2023
Anyone who applied inland, How long after you applied you got the request of Background Check from IRCC? I applied in April and got all completed (Biometrics, Medical and elegibility) and only missing this step but it hasnt been updated for almost a month and I was wondering how long it takes to get it :( Happy Day Y'all

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Anyone who applied inland, How long after you applied you got the request of Background Check from IRCC? I applied in April and got all completed (Biometrics, Medical and elegibility) and only missing this step but it hasnt been updated for almost a month and I was wondering how long it takes to get it :( Happy Day Y'all
Hello Canzavwil!

I received the PCC request on March 2nd (around 15 after AOR). I sent my documents to the embassy on March 8th, got acknowledge of receipt from the Embassy on March 15th (1 week later) and I'm still waiting. Haven't heard anything for 3 months and that's the only thing missing on my application, everything else is completed/passed.

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Are you waiting on Mexico police clearance certificate as well? What are the timelines of your submission of documents to the embassy of Canada in mexico.

Maria is wating for almost 3 months now. She submitted back in March 1st week and still did not receive an update.

• Sad

Papito Will

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
I have submitted the delivery acknowledgement from FedEx and the emails I sent the Canada embassy. I mentioned I tried everything I could but did not get any response yet. So, extend timeline by 60 days more.
Thank you for sharing!
That's what I did also but did not get any extension. I am almost at the stage of 'whatever' now. If we got into any problem I will just find an immigration lawyer...

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Thank you for sharing!
That's what I did also but did not get any extension. I am almost at the stage of 'whatever' now. If we got into any problem I will just find an immigration lawyer...
Don't worry, I didn't get any extension mentioning certain amount of days, only that my documents were going to be forwarded to the office handling my application and when I called IRCC the agent told me they don't give you a time frame for extension because you already did your part and these type of documents are not in our hands anymore.
The only thing giving me peace is that on the pcc document section I still can see is open even though is says "replacement overdue"

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Thank you for sharing!
It is not standard across different applications and processing offices. Everybody has their own way of handling the application. As long as you have raised a webform and its attached to your application with all the details you should be good. Don't worry. It is very painful but we all have to go through it. It is quite simple to get PCC for many other countries. Only for Mexico, the process is complex because we cannot apply the PCC ourselves and upload into the portal and the only option is to work thru Embassy. However, it takes a lot of time with no response to the emails which leads to of stress.

raul_espiqui

May 24, 2023
Yes, at least got the first one replied. But is hard to know when did they sent our documents and start counting the 40-60 business days like they mentioned. Also the problem is that they take the documents to the FGR in bulk, so for how long they wait before they take your docs to the fiscalia?... so stressful
Hi Maria, hope you are doing well
Just wanted to give you a heads up, I finally got confirmation that they received the documents and I can see a change in the review for additional documents provided. I sent everything in March 7th, sent infinite emails to the embassy with no reply at all, and if I go to view submitted documents it is still showing as "replacement overdue".

So to all of you waiting, there's hope.

Maria0000

Star Member
Mar 15, 2023
Just wanted to give you a heads up, I finally got confirmation that they received the documents and I can see a change in the review for additional documents provided. I sent everything in March 7th, sent infinite emails to the embassy with no reply at all, and if I go to view submitted documents it is still showing as "replacement overdue".

Hi Raul!

Wow that's awesome! Finally some good news about your PCC, glad you finally received a follow up. This gives me hope because I sent my documents on the same day as you and they received the next day. Fingers crossed we all hear something very soon!

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022

Hi Raul,
You got a response from whom? Do you mean IRCC updated it on the PR application or its the canada embassy responded to you. Kindly confirm. Your BGC is showing cleared now?

raul_espiqui

May 24, 2023
Hi Raul,
You got a response from whom? Do you mean IRCC updated it on the PR application or its the canada embassy responded to you. Kindly confirm. Your BGC is showing cleared now?
Hello. In my case, I got an email from cic saying: "We got your document. Thank you!"
And the status in the portal change from "your action is required" to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided".

I never received any response from the embassy, even though I sent like 15 emails.

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hello. In my case, I got an email from cic saying: "We got your document. Thank you!"
And the status in the portal change from "your action is required" to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided".

I never received any response from the embassy, even though I sent like 15 emails.
Thank you Raul. This really helps to reduce the stress a little bit. I have sent almost 10 emails now but did not get any response. You gave me a hope that it will still get processed but just need to await. I probably should wait another 2 months to get it. I hope to hear something by August because I sent mine on May 2nd.

Reactions: raul_espiqui

HPrale

Mar 23, 2023
Hi Raul!

Wow that's awesome! Finally some good news about your PCC, glad you finally received a follow up. This gives me hope because I sent my documents on the same day as you and they received the next day. Fingers crossed we all hear something very soon!
yeaahhh, we are getting there guyss!!