+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

JOE GONZALEZ

Sep 5, 2023
Hi! At the status tracking, I got a new message saying " We received the police certificate you sent us " but still showing " In process " at the background check, so I filed one request to IRCC today, using the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) request system, these notes will tell me if the police certificates have been received or not by the IRCC.
I hope this actually works and finally I can get a precise answer.
Here is the link : https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/request-information.html

JOE GONZALEZ

Sep 5, 2023
When did you send your documents to Mex?
Hi, May 15th, as I wrote before the status tracking says " We received the police certificate you sent us " on Sept 5th but at the background check still says " in progress, That is why I filed a request using the ATIP to make sure IRCC actually received the certificates , if you want to file a request through the ATIP link is : https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/request-information.html , ( Note, you can only use the ATIP if you reside in Canada, e.g. Citizen , permanent resident, temporary resident, etc )

Reactions: YDR

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
I actually phoned them minutes ago and the officer answered my call said nothing on file. Also, I have been sending emails and no answer. Something that caught my attention is that the officer mentioned that the PCC must be translated, how I am supposed to do that if I am not going to receive that document?

I am travelling to MEX in November, Would be faster If I get the PCC during my visit there or just wait?
Embassy will do that for you and send to IRCC. You don't need to do anything from your end other than waiting

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi, May 15th, as I wrote before the status tracking says " We received the police certificate you sent us " on Sept 5th but at the background check still says " in progress, That is why I filed a request using the ATIP to make sure IRCC actually received the certificates , if you want to file a request through the ATIP link is : https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/request-information.html , ( Note, you can only use the ATIP if you reside in Canada, e.g. Citizen , permanent resident, temporary resident, etc )
What is your PR processing office? I sent mine on May 2nd. No update yet.

Tavo1010

Jul 20, 2023
You

Did you receive any updates?
Hello, I finally got emails on August 14th saying they received my Police Certificate, and the same day I received Portal 1.

I sent another set of documents to Mexico on July 7th, because I got a warning letter saying that my case might get rejected for not providing the PC.

In the end, I don´t know what set of documents were processed, the ones sent on March 3rd or July 7th.

I am not recommending sending another set of documents again, I am just saying what I did. obviously, it´s more money.

I sent the second set of documents also to give more evidence of my effort to the Immigration officer, expecting he wouldn´t reject my application.

I already received Portal 2 and uploaded photos, now just waiting for the eCoPR and the PR cards to be emailed. which I think it´s taking arround 2 months to get delivered these days.

Wish you the best to everyone, be patient, and do things right.

Reactions: Prudhvi100

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hello, I finally got emails on August 14th saying they received my Police Certificate, and the same day I received Portal 1.

I sent another set of documents to Mexico on July 7th, because I got a warning letter saying that my case might get rejected for not providing the PC.

In the end, I don´t know what set of documents were processed, the ones sent on March 3rd or July 7th.

I am not recommending sending another set of documents again, I am just saying what I did. obviously, it´s more money.

I sent the second set of documents also to give more evidence of my effort to the Immigration officer, expecting he wouldn´t reject my application.

I already received Portal 2 and uploaded photos, now just waiting for the eCoPR and the PR cards to be emailed. which I think it´s taking arround 2 months to get delivered these days.

Congratulations

db785

Sep 2, 2023

Congratulations, If they processed the documents you sent on March, that disappoints me because I sent my documents on May :( it has bien a long time without news.

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022

Didn't you apply for another extension before they sent you email about pcc not being present in July. I am trying to understand if we need to resend or just request for another extension. I have already requested 2nd extension until September 30th. If I don't receive it by 20th I am planning to request for another extension.

Mbc19

Oct 26, 2022
I sent a request to my local MP to ask for help with my application and as we are still waiting for a response from IRCC he told me that

"It is likely that IRCC has received the police certificate as they have rendered a decision on the criminality assessment. It may just be a simple matter of the reviewing officer not having attached the documents to the file or made the appropriate notes.
However, we can’t be 100% sure of that, so we are awaiting IRCC to confirm if that is the case."

Sent my document April 15th. So if anyone want to explore the local MP option might help a little to update the file

Prudhvi100

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
I sent a request to my local MP to ask for help with my application and as we are still waiting for a response from IRCC he told me that

"It is likely that IRCC has received the police certificate as they have rendered a decision on the criminality assessment. It may just be a simple matter of the reviewing officer not having attached the documents to the file or made the appropriate notes.
However, we can’t be 100% sure of that, so we are awaiting IRCC to confirm if that is the case."

Sent my document April 15th. So if anyone want to explore the local MP option might help a little to update the file
How to send request to local MP?