+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

lakshmi06

Aug 12, 2022
Hi Maradice, thanks for your reply.
IRCC has mentioned that they don't accept the PCC uploaded by us. So just trying to understand how does this approach works

Maradice

Jan 5, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-02-2022
Hi Maradice, thanks for your reply.
IRCC has mentioned that they don't accept the PCC uploaded by us. So just trying to understand how does this approach works
I didn't know IRCC mentioned that. I don't understand why they wouldn't accept it if we upload it.

I received the PCC request from IRCC, then I emailed the visa office in Mexico requesting the Official Letter, sent all the required documents to Mexico and waited. When I got the certificate + translation I uploaded it to my CGKey account and a couple days later IRCC sent the confirmation of receipt of the PCC.

I wish there was a way to fast track the CSQ process. It's my only missing document

lakshmi06

Aug 12, 2022
I from India and have stayed in Mexico for more than 6 months. I have got ITA for canada PR and now need to submit documents. I understand that we need to provide Mexico PCC once we get request letter from IRCC. In your case, how long it took for you to get PCC through canada embassy in Mexico. also, Did you get your fingerprints through some fingerprint agency or police station? Appreciate your help.
Hi @Vijay2021,

May I please know how long time it took for you to receive Mexico PCC?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I used the contact from @Daniella Rodriguez and can confirm it's a great service! I got my PCC in less that 1 month.

It took 32 days from the day IRCC requested this document to the day I got the message saying that they received it (this includes the time I took to go take fingerprints and photos, send all the documents to Mexico and there was even a 1 week delay with my package).

100% recommend if you don't want to wait months.

Did you submit your PCC online or by mail?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I didn't know IRCC mentioned that. I don't understand why they wouldn't accept it if we upload it.

I received the PCC request from IRCC, then I emailed the visa office in Mexico requesting the Official Letter, sent all the required documents to Mexico and waited. When I got the certificate + translation I uploaded it to my CGKey account and a couple days later IRCC sent the confirmation of receipt of the PCC.

I wish there was a way to fast track the CSQ process. It's my only missing document
Ok @Maradice and @lakshmi06, so we have to remember that there are two different sets of instructions to get the PCC depending on wether you live in Mexico or not. As a reminder, here are the official instructions: Mexico PCC
Now @lakshmi06, IRCC is well known to give their officers some flexibility, and sometimes it can happen that they will accept a document that has been submitted in a different way than stated in the instructions. But this is a hit and miss situation.
IRCC does mention in their website that they won’t accept a PCC that you submit yourself, so you decide if you want to take the risk and see if they’ll accept a Mexican PCC submitted by yourself.
The last time I requested the PCC I followed the instructions to the letter, through the Canadian embassy and it took maybe three to four months until IRCC updated my status as passed from the moment I sent all the documents to the embassy. I never learned when they got the PCC. This time my husband got his on his own and we will submit it with the entire paper application, but we are fully aware that they might not accept it.
@Maradice Im curious, for your application did you say that you are living in Mexico? Because the steps you took are the ones for people living in Mexico. I’m curious to know how comes they accepted your PCC.

Reactions: mapple007

Maradice

Jan 5, 2022
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-02-2022
Ok @Maradice and @lakshmi06, so we have to remember that there are two different sets of instructions to get the PCC depending on wether you live in Mexico or not. As a reminder, here are the official instructions: Mexico PCC
Now @lakshmi06, IRCC is well known to give their officers some flexibility, and sometimes it can happen that they will accept a document that has been submitted in a different way than stated in the instructions. But this is a hit and miss situation.
IRCC does mention in their website that they won’t accept a PCC that you submit yourself, so you decide if you want to take the risk and see if they’ll accept a Mexican PCC submitted by yourself.
The last time I requested the PCC I followed the instructions to the letter, through the Canadian embassy and it took maybe three to four months until IRCC updated my status as passed from the moment I sent all the documents to the embassy. I never learned when they got the PCC. This time my husband got his on his own and we will submit it with the entire paper application, but we are fully aware that they might not accept it.
@Maradice Im curious, for your application did you say that you are living in Mexico? Because the steps you took are the ones for people living in Mexico. I’m curious to know how comes they accepted your PCC.
I read the instructions very well and multiple times and this is what I understood: IRCC quote "If you live outside of Mexico, you won’t receive the original police certificate. It will be uploaded directly to our system. If you try to submit this police certificate on your own, we won’t accept it." I assume they won't accept the non-original document.

If you live outside Mexico but you know someone there you can go through the process of someone who lives there.

I don't live in Mexico, I paid someone to get the PCC for me instead of going through the embassy.

Reactions: HD 2023
Jul 17, 2022
HELP!

Need Criminal Record Check from Mexico for a job here in Canada. Have fingerprints and photos completed. Is there ANYWHERE online that provides a detailed procedure ie: Step 1 Save this document - Fill it out( Already converted to English) - Also see example of Power Of Attorney letter - Courier all in one package to Canadian Embassy Mexico City ATT: Whoever is in charge of getting Criminal Record checks for fellow Canadians - Have a beer and ready for a long wait?

Thanks!

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I read the instructions very well and multiple times and this is what I understood: IRCC quote "If you live outside of Mexico, you won’t receive the original police certificate. It will be uploaded directly to our system. If you try to submit this police certificate on your own, we won’t accept it." I assume they won't accept the non-original document.
Not really, this means that even if you have the original PCC given by the FGR, if the applicant currently does not live in Mexico, they will not accept it.

If you live outside Mexico but you know someone there you can go through the process of someone who lives there.
This is purely anecdotal, as it's not officially encouraged by IRCC. Again, it's at the Officer's discretion to accept the PCC (obtained in a way not specified in the instructions) or not.

I don't live in Mexico, I paid someone to get the PCC for me instead of going through the embassy.
I'm confused, does the applicant live in Mexico? Your signature says that the application is Outland Spousal, if this is correct, then everything makes sense as to why IRCC accepted a PCC from Mexico to be uploaded by the applicant because that is what the instructions are for applicants who live in Mexico. And even if the applicant is not living in Mexico, something in your application made them think that the applicant is living in Mexico. Hence the request and your ability to submit the PCC through the GCKey account.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HELP!

Need Criminal Record Check from Mexico for a job here in Canada. Have fingerprints and photos completed. Is there ANYWHERE online that provides a detailed procedure ie: Step 1 Save this document - Fill it out( Already converted to English) - Also see example of Power Of Attorney letter - Courier all in one package to Canadian Embassy Mexico City ATT: Whoever is in charge of getting Criminal Record checks for fellow Canadians - Have a beer and ready for a long wait?

Thanks!
Do you mean these instructions?: Mexico PCC

lakshmi06

Aug 12, 2022
Has anyone contacted Mexican Authorities to track the status of PCC? If yes, can you please provide the contact details?
Canadian embassy has submitted my PCC application to Mexican authorities and I am just checking if there is any way we can follow up with Mexican authorities.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Has anyone contacted Mexican Authorities to track the status of PCC? If yes, can you please provide the contact details?
Canadian embassy has submitted my PCC application to Mexican authorities and I am just checking if there is any way we can follow up with Mexican authorities.
The FGR (Mexican authorities) takes no more than 10 business days to provide the PCC. Don't bother trying to contact the FGR if 10 business days have not passed and because the delay is not because of them. It is the Canadian Embassy who takes a long time to send the PCC to the IRCC because they need to translate and upload to the system.

In my case it took about three to four months to show up in my GCKey that they had received the PCC from the moment I sent all the documents to the Embassy.

If you still wish to contact the FGR just for the fun of it, here is their e-mail: aregistrales@pgr.gob.mx.

aprado

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
The FGR (Mexican authorities) takes no more than 10 business days to provide the PCC. Don't bother trying to contact the FGR if 10 business days have not passed and because the delay is not because of them. It is the Canadian Embassy who takes a long time to send the PCC to the IRCC because they need to translate and upload to the system.

In my case it took about three to four months to show up in my GCKey that they had received the PCC from the moment I sent all the documents to the Embassy.

If you still wish to contact the FGR just for the fun of it, here is their e-mail: aregistrales@pgr.gob.mx.
Did you (or anyone else) when applying for spousal inland, did the process by having someone in Mexico getting the papers instead of via the embassy in Mexico?

And the Embassy in Mexico.. how long does it take ?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Did you (or anyone else) when applying for spousal inland, did the process by having someone in Mexico getting the papers instead of via the embassy in Mexico?

And the Embassy in Mexico.. how long does it take ?
Yes, we did but before sending all documents to IRCC. I still don't know if they will accept the up-front police certificate.

When I applied for PR in 2019, through the Embassy in Mexico it took like three months to show up in my GCKey that I had my background passed from the moment I sent all paperwork to the Embassy. But I never learnt how long it actually took the Embassy to have the PCC uploaded in IRCC's system.