+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

$undar

Apr 22, 2021
The embassy informed me that they have sent the documents to the Mexican authorities on April 16th 2021... I haven't heard from them since. Its been 52 days(?) so far and I'm still waiting. They said it would take 60 to 65 business days.

The embassy received on March 3rd 2021 so it took them little over a month to send to the police. Hopefully we can get the results soon, its getting pretty stressful.o_O
@Gopal88 @gmantecon One small doubt. During this time period, whether our PR application process will be on hold (like background and security check) or Mexico PCC will happen in parallel with background and security check.

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
@Gopal88 One small doubt. During this time period, whether our PR application process will be on hold (like background and security check) or Mexico PCC will happen in parallel with background and security check.
It will be a parallel process, IRCC will proceed further except Criminality check I hope.

Reactions: $undar

Miskamau

Jun 11, 2019
Esmail1488, I am in the same situation, got the AOR from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, they said it was sent in May 18 to FGJ, now with the new regulations that they will no accept extensions after Apr 12th. It would get quite tricky that won’t be enough time to process the PCC.
Anyone here has any experience submitting a Webform to request an extension and it got approved recently?

Please, I am quite worried that because of this document all the application could be rejected.

gmantecon

Jan 27, 2021
Esmail1488, I am in the same situation, got the AOR from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, they said it was sent in May 18 to FGJ, now with the new regulations that they will no accept extensions after Apr 12th. It would get quite tricky that won’t be enough time to process the PCC.
Anyone here has any experience submitting a Webform to request an extension and it got approved recently?

Please, I am quite worried that because of this document all the application could be rejected.
Before being notified that my documents were sent to the FGJ by the Canadian Embassy I sent a Webform to the IRCC asking for a time extension explaining the whole situation because I knew the PCC wouldn't make it back in the time frame I was given on the request letter.

I'll try to summarize their response:
  • It says that the won't close or refuse applications in process if you have missing documents (e.g., police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams) due to Covid-19.
  • They automatically add 90 extra days for any documents from the deadline in the request letter to send them the documents. This applies whether the request letter says 30 or 90 days.
  • They say not to contact them to request such extension and that once you are able to, send the missing documents.
Again, this was their response to my WebForm for my praticular case (yours might be different). Not sure if it applies to everyone in the same situation but it seems to me that their response wasn't personalized since they didn't address any of my particular concerns, meaning they were very general... maybe an automated response(?)

I know they say not to contact them, but if you're like me (overly worried about the entire PR process) then sending the WebForm might give you peace of mind. All I can say is hang in there, you're not alone :)

Miskamau

Jun 11, 2019
Before being notified that my documents were sent to the FGJ by the Canadian Embassy I sent a Webform to the IRCC asking for a time extension explaining the whole situation because I knew the PCC wouldn't make it back in the time frame I was given on the request letter.

I'll try to summarize their response:
  • It says that the won't close or refuse applications in process if you have missing documents (e.g., police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams) due to Covid-19.
  • They automatically add 90 extra days for any documents from the deadline in the request letter to send them the documents. This applies whether the request letter says 30 or 90 days.
  • They say not to contact them to request such extension and that once you are able to, send the missing documents.
Again, this was their response to my WebForm for my praticular case (yours might be different). Not sure if it applies to everyone in the same situation but it seems to me that their response wasn't personalized since they didn't address any of my particular concerns, meaning they were very general... maybe an automated response(?)

I know they say not to contact them, but if you're like me (overly worried about the entire PR process) then sending the WebForm might give you peace of mind. All I can say is hang in there, you're not alone :)
Oh! I really appreciate the time you invested in proving your reply. Thank you!
I will send my request for an extension with a Webfrom, in the meantime, that would give me some peace of mind.
Keeping calm and being patient ,hopefully all of us would get our PR this year.

watoloo

May 26, 2021
Hi everyone! I have also sent like 2 weeks ago my documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, still haven't heard from them. I am still being asked to upload my Police Certificate to my PR application... I have sent IRCC already a webform with proof of delivery to the embassy, anyone know if I can apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit if the Police Certificate is still in process?
Hi watoloo, same here... I sent the email asking for acknowledgement on May 19 and still haven't heard back from them. At least we're not alone, hopefully they'll respond soon!
2 weeks.
I suggest you to send a follow-up email on the same email chain.

Just heard from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico they said this:

---------------------------------
Please be informed that your documents were received in our offices, they will be reviewed as soon as possible and if everything is correct they will be sent to Mexican authorities shortly. Processing time for a federal police certificate from Mexico takes from 75-90 business days. Results will be sent directly to the IRCC office processing your application.

What should we do now that I have the acknowledgement of receipt? do we send a webform? or an LOE on the police certificate slot open in the IRCC website? or both?

$undar

Apr 22, 2021

Please be informed that your documents were received in our offices, they will be reviewed as soon as possible and if everything is correct they will be sent to Mexican authorities shortly. Processing time for a federal police certificate from Mexico takes from 75-90 business days. Results will be sent directly to the IRCC office processing your application.

What should we do now that I have the acknowledgement of receipt? do we send a webform? or an LOE on the police certificate slot open in the IRCC website? or both?
Hi @watoloo Even Initially I planned to upload LOE then in one page they are asking for document name, document number, start date and expiry date. Then dropped the plan and submitted web form. They have forwarded my request to the concerned team.

Esmail1488

Aug 30, 2020

I am glad you received the confirmation from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. I submitted a LOE last week requesting for extension to be on the safe side.

Reactions: watoloo

Esmail1488

Aug 30, 2020
Hi everyone! I have also sent like 2 weeks ago my documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico, still haven't heard from them. I am still being asked to upload my Police Certificate to my PR application... I have sent IRCC already a webform with proof of delivery to the embassy, anyone know if I can apply for the Bridging Open Work Permit if the Police Certificate is still in process?
Hi @dianC, you don't have to wait for the Police Certificate to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. If your current Visa is expiring in less than 4 months, I suggest you to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit right away using your AOR.

I applied as soon as I received my AOR because my current Visa was expiring in less than 4 months.

Rauls91

Jun 16, 2021
From what I have read recently, the current expected times are 1.5 to 2 months for the Canadian Embassy to send the documents to Fiscalia, and then 4 to 4.5 months for the PC to be send to IRCC. This is a total expected time from documents sent to Mexico to PC received by IRCC of 6 to 7 months. I can also see that IRCC works on the other documentation in the meantime, so after PC is received normally after 1 to 3 months, the COPR is sent. Total expected time from documents sent to Mexico to COPR is now 7 to 10 months.

$undar

Apr 22, 2021
From what I have read recently, the current expected times are 1.5 to 2 months for the Canadian Embassy to send the documents to Fiscalia, and then 4 to 4.5 months for the PC to be send to IRCC. This is a total expected time from documents sent to Mexico to PC received by IRCC of 6 to 7 months. I can also see that IRCC works on the other documentation in the meantime, so after PC is received normally after 1 to 3 months, the COPR is sent. Total expected time from documents sent to Mexico to COPR is now 7 to 10 months.
Thanks for your detailed analysis @Rauls91 and sharing the same info with us.

Reactions: watoloo

AndrewLag

May 19, 2021

Thank you!! I still haven't heard back, I just sent a follow-up email today. I am just waiting for their reply to send a webform to IRCC. I also plan to upload an LOE on the police certificate slot. It might be too much but at least we're explaining why we couldn't have the document on time.

Esmail1488

Aug 30, 2020
Is there anyone here applied for BOWP in Feb/March 2021 and is still waiting for it to get approved. ? !!
The delay is unbelievable !!

Miskamau

Jun 11, 2019
Is there anyone here applied for BOWP in Feb/March 2021 and is still waiting for it to get approved. ? !!
The delay is unbelievable !!
Hi!
I have applied for mine in May 10 aprox, I got approval yesterday, still have to wait for the physical document to arrive in the mail.
It took almost the two months.
I hope it helps, it was approved for one year that will give enough time to have a final decision made on your file.

Reactions: Esmail1488