+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

Eliz91

Dec 26, 2019
My common law partner and I are almost ready to submit his application for PR in Canada. If we are not in Mexico when we are asked for the police check, can his family do it on his behalf? How does that work?
I read you can ask someone to do it on your behalf, it will be easier if you are planning a trip to Mexico if you do it! But first thing you must request a letter to t the canadian embassy in Mexico, this letter will be a requirement for you or your family to do it instead of the Canadian embassy. Just email them tell them you would like to do it and if they can send you the letter.

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
My personal experience:

my medicals exams request was sent on my bday, Sep 9th, did them right away on Sep 11th, that same weekend I sent the request for my police certificate (trying to be proactive because I heard the next thing will be the police certificate)

September 17th: Canadian Embassy in Mexico received the fingerprints and photos to start the process for my police certificate
October 4Th: the request for the police certificate was sent from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to the mexican authorities.
October 16th: I received the official request from ircc to submit the mexican police certificate, deadline: December 16th. (They gave me two months)
November: I requested an update to the Canadian Embassy in Canada, they mentioned mexican authorities can take from 30-60 business days (not includes the weekends !!!!)
December 4th: I asked again as I have not received any update and the deadline is approaching, the Canadian Embassy in Mexico was not able to give me any update, but told me to request an extension period of time to deliver the document.
December 9th: (1week before my deadline) I sent a case specify inquiry to ircc explaining my situation and asking for more time,!I received an answer two days later telling me they sent my request to the proper department (nothing on regards of my extension deadline)
December 16th: the deadline day, I called ircc in sidney to request for more time and apologize for not been able to deliver on time. Ircc mentioned they already got the mexican police certificate in Dec 11th (this means they received it but did not update the application)

Ps: I proactively requested my police certificate one month before ircc requested it and I barely made it on time !

ps. : a few friends living in Mexico did it on their own in a PGR and they got it in around 15 days!

advice: if you can do it in Mexico, do it ! Saves you lots of time !!
Hey, Happy new year. The Mexico Embassay stopped responding post 1st Nov update when it was sent to Mexico's authority. Since now it has crossed 90 days time, is there another email/phone I can use to get the status update

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Did anyone have any issues with IRCC not receiving the police certificate? The embassy says they sent the results 2 months ago but I called IRCC and they said they don't have anything
Hey, Happy new year. The Mexico Embassay stopped responding post 1st Nov update when it was sent to Mexico's authority. Since now it has crossed 90 days time, is there another email/phone I can use to get the status update

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
I have been sending them weekly emails but they are not responding very often. Only today, after so many follow ups I got an annoying reply:
:

Dear Sir/Madame,

If you require additional time to comply with the requested documents we kindly ask you to please direct this enquiry to the IRCC office in charge of your application.

Please be informed that the time frames for the Mexican police certificate request depends on Mexican authorities procedures and it is independent from the Canadian Embassy."

Did anyone got a similar reply? Is there an alternate way to connect with them or get to know the status. It's been 4 months now!!!! Is there a way to connect with Mexico Authority instead to get to know if they had sent the details?

andreslva

Nov 7, 2019
MEXICO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I'm sponsoring my wife and we've already got the formal letter for the FGR in order to get the " Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales" BUT here in Aguascalientes, Mexico, they told us that they need the original letter and not the pdf version we received by email.

Is there anyone in the same situation? Any help will be really appreciated. I'm kind of desperate

Have a nice day everybody

J

Vanessaes

Jan 11, 2020
The average time for the PC once you send all the information to the Canadian Embassy is 98 days. There are two ways to get the PC:

1.- Sent all the documentation to the Canadian Embassy and wait.

2.- To request the letter and ask a family member to help you, you will get it in less than 15 days.

You can do both.

In order to accelerate the process, once you send the information or they submitted. Request the GCMS notes. This makes the officer check your file and trigger the next step. If not, it can take up to 7 months once you start the PC process to get the PPR.

If you need more information on how to get the PC faster (option 2) I can give you the information where they can help you. (

Hello, can you send me the information of how to request the letter to ask a family member to get the PC on mi behalf, and the steps or process to do it? Thank you

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You need to send an email to the immigration department asking for the letter to process your PCC. Mention your full name and your application number.

Vanessaes

Jan 11, 2020
You need to send an email to the immigration department asking for the letter to process your PCC. Mention your full name and your application number.

THis is different letter from the original pcc request? The immigration department of Canada?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Again,

You need to request it. You got a request that is NOT directed to the FGR. You need a letter asking for the letter FROM the Canadian Embassy in Mexico.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

In next months in going thought the Express entry process (FSWP), im a mexican living in mexico, after reading this thread I still have a question, the CIC site states that PCC will be requested after the Application (once you receive the AOR), and I quote CIC site: Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application? No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence or citizenship.

But I have seen some comments that people have actually get the PCC before AOR and in time to submit it with the e-APR...

So, is it possible to get the CIC letter (and therefore ask for the embassy letter and go to FGR), as soon as I get the ITA so i can submit PCC with the e-APR?

thank you all.

Last edited:

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Is there anyone who has recently ( in last 5-6 months) did the process of getting the Mexico PCC by themselves using the agents? If so, can you please share the contact details and process so others can follow. As of now, it seems some of the folks have done it but the details are confusing. I know it is too much to ask, but guys, if you can help you fellow friends, it would be awesome.

My file seems to have stuck with FGR since Nov 1st and I am thinking of starting the process by using agent now ( to avoid further delays) as I am really not sure, how long would it take or if they have lost my file or something... Please help, share the contact details of the person/agent who someone has used and can help us.

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I got a PCC request yesterday for Mexico PCC. I am an Indian Citizen currently in Mexico on tourist visa (business) uptil April 2020. I was in Mexico on Work Permit during most of 2017. Can someone please help me with below queries:

1. Can I request the police certificate on a tourist visa as few replies in this thread (mostly from 2015) suggest that we cannot do so on a tourist visa?
2. What are the documents to be submitted as a Foreign National, the general list of documents on government website asks for proof of residence etc but my accommodation is facilitated in an apartment by my company?
3. Can someone please furnish few contacts from agents/ attorneys who can help with this? I am in Nuevo Leon- Monterrey.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I got a PCC request yesterday for Mexico PCC. I am an Indian Citizen currently in Mexico on tourist visa (business) uptil April 2020. I was in Mexico on Work Permit during most of 2017. Can someone please help me with below queries:

1. Can I request the police certificate on a tourist visa as few replies in this thread (mostly from 2015) suggest that we cannot do so on a tourist visa?
2. What are the documents to be submitted as a Foreign National, the general list of documents on government website asks for proof of residence etc but my accommodation is facilitated in an apartment by my company?
3. Can someone please furnish few contacts from agents/ attorneys who can help with this? I am in Nuevo Leon- Monterrey.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!
Hi

I have not made the process yet but I can give you some tips, since you are in Monterrey the best you could do is to grab an utility bill (electricity, water or gas from your apartment) as a proof of residence and go the FGR regional offices. As for the Tourist visa, I suggest to explain the issue to the agents and they will sure understand that you do not have a "Forma Migratoria" since you left that status before and you are currently on a tourist status. You will need:
  • the passport
  • the utility bill
  • the letter from Canada embassy
  • any migration documents you have (FM3)
  • your birth certificate translated in spanish
  • the photographs
  • the payment for the service
The "cartilla militar" does not apply to you . If they deny you the service then look for Agents ("Gestores") to do it for you.

One question, did you receive the PPC request letter from IRCC, before or after your AOR (acknowledgement of receipt)?

Regards

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Hi

I have not made the process yet but I can give you some tips, since you are in Monterrey the best you could do is to grab an utility bill (electricity, water or gas from your apartment) as a proof of residence and go the FGR regional offices. As for the Tourist visa, I suggest to explain the issue to the agents and they will sure understand that you do not have a "Forma Migratoria" since you left that status before and you are currently on a tourist status. You will need:
  • the passport
  • the utility bill
  • the letter from Canada embassy
  • any migration documents you have (FM3)
  • your birth certificate translated in spanish
  • the photographs
  • the payment for the service
The "cartilla militar" does not apply to you . If they deny you the service then look for Agents ("Gestores") to do it for you.

One question, did you receive the PPC request letter from IRCC, before or after your AOR (acknowledgement of receipt)?

Regards
Thanks allmind for the information.

I got the PCC request letter after AOR alongwith the biometrics request.

I have few more questions :
1) your birth certificate translated in spanish - I only have a photocopy of this , i can get the translation done, do we need the original too?
2) the utility bill - my accomodation is provided by my company, all i can get is a letter from my company which says they have given me accomodation at some address and they are paying for it, would the work?
3) any migration documents you have (FM3)- i only have FMM paper that they give us upon entry in Mexico.
4) the photographs - I was reading the requirements, and saw that there should be no beard or moustache, however i a sikh by religion and we donot cut/ trim beard/ moustache for religious reason, i hope they will be fine with this.

Sorry for bothering you again.

Thanks.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks allmind for the information.

I got the PCC request letter after AOR alongwith the biometrics request.

I have few more questions :
1) your birth certificate translated in spanish - I only have a photocopy of this , i can get the translation done, do we need the original too?
2) the utility bill - my accomodation is provided by my company, all i can get is a letter from my company which says they have given me accomodation at some address and they are paying for it, would the work?
3) any migration documents you have (FM3)- i only have FMM paper that they give us upon entry in Mexico.
4) the photographs - I was reading the requirements, and saw that there should be no beard or moustache, however i a sikh by religion and we donot cut/ trim beard/ moustache for religious reason, i hope they will be fine with this.

Sorry for bothering you again.

Thanks.
Hi, my best guess is that...

1- A print of an scaned version of your birth certificate should work (print it in color), and get it translated by any official translator in Monterrey
2- Try to get one from your neighbor or ask the company for it, RH department should not have any problem providing this, it just has to be an original one (normally they are not regular size paper), otherwise the letter might work but it will require more explanations
3- FMM should work
4- I think this is the tough one, get the photos, but it you are not fluent in Spanish get someone that can explain it clearly in the FGR regional offices, normally no one there speak English.

I consider that the best you can do it to go and ask, there nothing to lose.

good luck