+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

SAO

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hi all, I just want to share my timeline for my husband and myself PCC.

Package received - Sept. 23 2019
Documents sent to Mexican authorities - Oct. 18 2019
Results sent to the IRCC office - Dec. 17 2019

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi all, I just want to share my timeline for my husband and myself PCC.

Package received - Sept. 23 2019
Documents sent to Mexican authorities - Oct. 18 2019
Results sent to the IRCC office - Dec. 17 2019
Wow. it was really quick... Our files are still stuck with MExico authorities since Nov 1st..

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
I just checked it and they have sent my documents were sent from Canada Embassay to IRCC today. :):):):) . Does anyone know if the reports were sent to IRCC electronically or through postal mail.?

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi! What is the validity of a Mexican police certificate?

My boyfriend and I are applying for PR via FSW-Outland and he obtained a police certificate in January 2020 before we submitted our application and now CIC sent an email asking for a police certificate. In the Upload Documents section of the application, the system asks for issue date and expiry date, but there's no expiry date on the police certificate he got in January 2020. Can anyone help? :)

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi

The official validity of the Carta de antecedentes registrales issued by FGR is 30 days according to mexican authorities (it is stated at the very bottom of the letter). I think that no one gets it checked during that period.

As of CIC instructions, the police certificate is valid for 6 months from the date it was issued. So this gets confusing. I think you should put the 30 days it says right there in the carta de antecedentes registrales.

I specifically ask about this topic to the embassy in mexico, whether if i needed to do it before AOR or upon request by CIC once the security checking process started, and they reply me with the letter to get the police certificate in the FGR offices. So i assumed that it could be done before as i understand you did, and some people here has also stated that it was possible to do it that way.

Its surprising to see that they are requesting you again the carta de antecedentes registrales...

I am a FSW outland (AOR feb-20) and i see the scenarios...
1) they are really asking the the carta de antecedentes registrales again (a new one!!!)
2) they are asking for your police certificate if you are a dependant in the application
3) you uploaded a state issued police certificate that has no validity for immigration purposes

Please keep us posted
Thank you

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
Hi! What is the validity of a Mexican police certificate?

My boyfriend and I are applying for PR via FSW-Outland and he obtained a police certificate in January 2020 before we submitted our application and now CIC sent an email asking for a police certificate. In the Upload Documents section of the application, the system asks for issue date and expiry date, but there's no expiry date on the police certificate he got in January 2020. Can anyone help? :)
30 days it is, its mentioned in the last sentence, that its valid for a month from date of issue

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Hi again,

The official one is the "constancia de antecedentes registrales" it is issued by FGR (fiscalia general de la republica) and all the info you need to get if is here:

https://www.gob.mx/fgr/acciones-y-programas/constancia-de-datos-registrales

Tip: be careful with the photos they need them to be very close to your face (from neck to top of head) not as the passport photos that have the top of shoulders.

The constancia has a big FGR logo In the top right, and its written as a letter to the embassy of canada, and it has your application number in it. Because to get it you need a letter of the Canadian embassy requesting it as per CIC instructions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

Please let me know if this was your case... you submitted another kind of police certificate and not the constancia de antecedentes registrales. (Because I really don't want to request this again is very troublesome) thanks

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
30 days it is, its mentioned in the last sentence, that its valid for a month from date of issue
I think he definitely got the wrong one, then. He got the Constancia de no Antecedentes Penales and the last sentence is just "Para los fines que convengan, se extiende la presente."

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Hi again,

The official one is the "constancia de antecedentes registrales" it is issued by FGR (fiscalia general de la republica) and all the info you need to get if is here:

https://www.gob.mx/fgr/acciones-y-programas/constancia-de-datos-registrales

Tip: be careful with the photos they need them to be very close to your face (from neck to top of head) not as the passport photos that have the top of shoulders.

The constancia has a big FGR logo In the top right, and its written as a letter to the embassy of canada, and it has your application number in it. Because to get it you need a letter of the Canadian embassy requesting it as per CIC instructions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

Please let me know if this was your case... you submitted another kind of police certificate and not the constancia de antecedentes registrales. (Because I really don't want to request this again is very troublesome) thanks
Oh, I see. Definitely the wrong one, then. I don't think the one he got was from FGR - it had the logo of his state and SSP on the top left and no FGR logo on the top right.

So in order to get this, he must first send an email to the visa office in Mexico City, is that right? He is in Mexico right now. I assume that the "official letter" from the visa office is what he needs so that FGR will give him the correct police certificate for immigration. Any idea how long this entire process will take? This is the last supporting document that the CIC asked from our application and I'm afraid the processing will be put on pause until we have this document.

allmind

Jan 16, 2020
Oh, I see. Definitely the wrong one, then. I don't think the one he got was from FGR - it had the logo of his state and SSP on the top left and no FGR logo on the top right.

So in order to get this, he must first send an email to the visa office in Mexico City, is that right? He is in Mexico right now. I assume that the "official letter" from the visa office is what he needs so that FGR will give him the correct police certificate for immigration. Any idea how long this entire process will take? This is the last supporting document that the CIC asked from our application and I'm afraid the processing will be put on pause until we have this document.
Yes, he need to send a mail with his process id to MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca and ask for the letter to get the Constancia de antecedentes registrales.

Then he need to go to the FGR with all the documents and it takes 7-10 days to be issued.

The whole process took me 13 days here in Mexico, the challenge now is that the embassy and the FGR might take longer to respond due to covid-19.

Good luck

psucalit

Star Member
May 7, 2020
Thank you for your help! The process ID is our application number right? Also, is the document already in English or will we have to get it translated?