+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate Mexico - Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
To anyone applying to get the PCC through the embassy of Canada in Mexico be aware that the time to get it, is so long
Sharing my time line
Documents send to MX ——— Jan 28
Documents received————— Jan 29
Documents send to PGR ——— Feb 22
Is being 71 days since they got my fingerprints and nothing or 47 days since they send to the PGR ... since last week I start to email one email per week I just did yesterday, anyone in the same boat or normally how long they take after they send to the PGR .... thanks for the help

manuelgh

Apr 12, 2019
Hola a todos, he leido la mayoria de los comentarios en este foro, agradezco las aportaciones, me han permitido ver cosas que no sabia
Tengo una duda, ojala haya alguien que pueda responder, vivo en Canada, no soy PR, solo tengo mi work permit, recibi mi ITA en Abr. 4, tengo todos mis papeles excepto la Carta de Antecedentes Registrales, por lo que entendi debo subir todo y en donde pide police record mandar un documento que diga que requiero una carta.
mis preguntas:
1. puedo ir a tomarme las huellas digitales a la estacion de policia o debo subir primero todos los documentos y ellos me mandan una carta para pedir las huellas en las estacion de policia.?
2. antes de mandar los documentos, fotos, huellas digitales a la embajada de mexico, debo recibir la carta de solicitud por parte de Canada?
3. cual es el file number? donde lo busco?
4. como puedo solicitar una ampliacion para mandar mis papeles (solo me falta la carta de antecedentes registrales.
mil gracias

manuelgh

Apr 12, 2019
Yo también pensaba que llegaría todo junto... pero no. Estoy esperando que me soliciten pagar los derechos de residencia y que me den la carta para pedir la constancia de la PGR, espero llegue en los próximos días.

Me dices qué decides para solicitarla tú! (ya sea via un tercero o via la embajada..)
Mucha suerte!
Hola Macarad, felicidades atrasadas por recibir tu PR, yo en eso estoy ahora, juntando mis documentos para que cuando me envien la solicitud de la constancia de datos registral, ya pueda enviar todo a mexico, espero que no tarde tanto

manuelgh

Apr 12, 2019
To anyone applying to get the PCC through the embassy of Canada in Mexico be aware that the time to get it, is so long
Sharing my time line
Documents send to MX ——— Jan 28
Documents received————— Jan 29
Documents send to PGR ——— Feb 22
Is being 71 days since they got my fingerprints and nothing or 47 days since they send to the PGR ... since last week I start to email one email per week I just did yesterday, anyone in the same boat or normally how long they take after they send to the PGR .... thanks for the help
Hola Adrian, oye desde que subiste todos tus documentos (con excepcion de tu constancia) cuanto tiempo tardaron en enviarte la carta para solicitar la constancia?

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Today I send a email to the embassy of Canada in Mexico and finally they send my PCC, April 15 so my complete time since I send the documents 76 days.... good luck everyone!!!

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey everyone, I finally found the thread with the answers I have been looking for and have a couple questions..

My wife is from Mexico and is living with me in Canada for an inland sponsorship. We recently just had our medical exam completed and we are now anticipating the background check to begin (should start in June with the current timelines I have been viewing).

I have heard of the long, long wait times and my wife and I want to get this done as quick as possible to avoid waiting.

Can someone explain to me in detail the fastest way to go about this? She has relatives who live in Mexico. Can we do it now?

Or can we send off the fingerprints and passport photos to the Canadian Mexico City embassy right now, before the Government sends us the official letter requesting a background check to get ahead?

What is the best option to get this background check done?

Any insight would be much, much appreciated.

Last edited:

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi guys !

We received the police certificate request today, they are asking to send it by Jun 6, in a month! As far as I can see in the chat, it's taking a lot more than that! What about?

Also I'm kind of lost on how to start the process. What should I do next ???

Thank you

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Guys,

Anyone who made the Constancia by themself??? I would like to hear some experience before deciding go this way!

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yeah if anyone who has done the PCC themselves and could explain to us step by step with what they did, it would be highly appreciated!

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Yeah if anyone who has done the PCC themselves and could explain to us step by step with what they did, it would be highly appreciated!
In PGR and CIC pages I found step by step, I'm just not sure if doing alone is the best way ... It's much faster, that's for sure !!!

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018