+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help - PR application rejected because of south korean PCC format

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I see what you concern. There might be some legal agents online or in Korea. Do some googling. If you cannot find any, let me know. I will try to find one by googling in Korean. Good luck
Thanks alot for your kind reply.. I will surely let you know for any help.

Thanks again :)

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
My husband is Korean and he is still in Korea for the moment, if we use allminwon what option should he check, the criminal record check reply (for foreigners) ? I guess my husband would get the page in korean, anyone can tell me what he has to select in korean on allminwon ? He is so anxious about it, he wants the exact terms.

Thank you !
Hi, I have tried to contact Allminwon. They have recently stopped giving this document. This rule is SK has strengthened now a days. My application got rejected bcz my PCC didn’t include the lapsed record. Kind of lost what else can I do

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
Hi guys,
I've also had my parents visit several police stations, but all of the police refused to provide docs warning seriously. They said they have stopped providing the doc since this year. Would it be possible if we can get any help from Korean embassy explaining this situation? Or like any supporting letter?

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi guys,
I've also had my parents visit several police stations, but all of the police refused to provide docs warning seriously. They said they have stopped providing the doc since this year. Would it be possible if we can get any help from Korean embassy explaining this situation? Or like any supporting letter?
Yes.. just check with embassy regarding this and explain your situation.. also this issue shoulf be highlighted at CIC forum.. when government itself is not giving required PCC what can an individual do..

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
Yes.. just check with embassy regarding this and explain your situation.. also this issue shoulf be highlighted at CIC forum.. when government itself is not giving required PCC what can an individual do..
Hi,
Thank you for your reply! Since I am a newbie, I don't know how to approach this issue to CIC forum. Any thoughts or opinion would be helpful!
My parents have been having really hard time just because of this issue and they were warned by police stations saying this is "illegal". I think most of people who need this doc do not have criminal records but they are having issue because of this paperwork... kinda non-sense...

Agarwalparesh26

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi,
Thank you for your reply! Since I am a newbie, I don't know how to approach this issue to CIC forum. Any thoughts or opinion would be helpful!
My parents have been having really hard time just because of this issue and they were warned by police stations saying this is "illegal". I think most of people who need this doc do not have criminal records but they are having issue because of this paperwork... kinda non-sense...
Hi,
I am also not sure. I believe we have to inform cic on their official mail id. Also, it would be great if your parents can get in written or on mail from korean embassy or police station that they don't provide crimal check record doc anymore.

whlobtn

Aug 14, 2019
Hi,
I am also not sure. I believe we have to inform cic on their official mail id. Also, it would be great if your parents can get in written or on mail from korean embassy or police station that they don't provide crimal check record doc anymore.
Good point. guess we need to reach out them through email if any further assistance available.
If anyone who get a doc from Korea or some help from Korean embassy, please share your experience! Thank you

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Good point. guess we need to reach out them through email if any further assistance available.
If anyone who get a doc from Korea or some help from Korean embassy, please share your experience! Thank you
Hi, yes its a serious issue we must highlight to IRCC. I did raise a webform but did not get any specific reply. Only a automated reply with no direction.

After the rejection I tried to contact Korean embassy in singapore for any direction from them. They suggested me to contact local police station, when I told them that the local police station says its Illegal he said in that case they cannot do anything else.

How can we approach IRCC regarding this in a group?

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Hi, yes its a serious issue we must highlight to IRCC. I did raise a webform but did not get any specific reply. Only a automated reply with no direction.

After the rejection I tried to contact Korean embassy in singapore for any direction from them. They suggested me to contact local police station, when I told them that the local police station says its Illegal he said in that case they cannot do anything else.

How can we approach IRCC regarding this in a group?
Hi Ishrat, I am in the same boat. CIC rejected my application mentioning the same reason. After reading all the responses. I am unsure how to manage our situations if we cant obtain korean PCC. Really worried

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Ishrat, I am in the same boat. CIC rejected my application mentioning the same reason. After reading all the responses. I am unsure how to manage our situations if we cant obtain korean PCC. Really worried
Hi, honestly I have no idea. They had rejected our application. However, we did raise a webform mentioning our situation here. After that they reopened my case. However this is not a confirmation that they have accepted my PCC without lapsed record. They might ask for additional document later which happened to a lot of people. My suggestion for you is to raise a webform mentioning your attempts to get that document. Theoretically, they should open your case. Because its totally impractical of them to ask for a document which is almost impossible to get.

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Hi, honestly I have no idea. They had rejected our application. However, we did raise a webform mentioning our situation here. After that they reopened my case. However this is not a confirmation that they have accepted my PCC without lapsed record. They might ask for additional document later which happened to a lot of people. My suggestion for you is to raise a webform mentioning your attempts to get that document. Theoretically, they should open your case. Because its totally impractical of them to ask for a document which is almost impossible to get.
Yes Ishrat. You are right. I had received an official response from the korean authorities clearly stating that they dont issue this certificate to foreigners. I will attach this response in the web form which will serve as a proof to repoen my application.
Thank you & wish you all the best.

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Yes Ishrat. You are right. I had received an official response from the korean authorities clearly stating that they dont issue this certificate to foreigners. I will attach this response in the web form which will serve as a proof to repoen my application.
Thank you & wish you all the best.
Hi Ishrat,
Can you please let me know until when can we raise a web form after receiving a rejection letter ?

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
Wow, that is so weird. My wife had the same issue 2 years ago, she's Korean citizen, but even she had to show up in person at a police station in Korea, not even her mother with an authorized power of attorney would get it. It seems that the problem is not only with CIC, requesting docs that can't be obtained, but that might be a case for international law; Koreans can get police certificates in most countries in the world that they have lived in without much fuss - so if there are bilateral agreements it should be the same for foreign nationals in Korea.

ishrat6788

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Ishrat,
Can you please let me know until when can we raise a web form after receiving a rejection letter ?
Hi, I didn’t wait for more than 10days. I was waiting for any physical proof. However, couldn’t get any. So based on the verbal conversation between Korean police station and my reps in Korea, I only mentioned in my webform that I couldn’t get the document since it’s illegal to issue this document in SK. Apparently, after this they re-opened our case. However, I am still not sure if they will again ask for additional document like PCC with lapsed record. My plan is that, I will wait for them to ask for additional doc (if they do), then I will submit all the physical evidences that I have gathered after raising the webform.

Kunalsc

Aug 21, 2016
Hi, I didn’t wait for more than 10days. I was waiting for any physical proof. However, couldn’t get any. So based on the verbal conversation between Korean police station and my reps in Korea, I only mentioned in my webform that I couldn’t get the document since it’s illegal to issue this document in SK. Apparently, after this they re-opened our case. However, I am still not sure if they will again ask for additional document like PCC with lapsed record. My plan is that, I will wait for them to ask for additional doc (if they do), then I will submit all the physical evidences that I have gathered after raising the webform.
Hi Ishrat,
Did CIC ask you again for korean PCC ? Even my case is reopened & they have asked me again to submit the PCC which is unobtainable. Can you please let me know what evidences have you attached in the explaination letter. Did they accept the explaination letter.

Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks.