+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help - PR application rejected because of south korean PCC format

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
I had received ITA under EE and submitted all the documents on 16/07.
I had stayed in South Korea for more than 6 months and hence had submitted PCC (Criminal records check) from South Korea along with Indian PCC.
Now my Application is rejected with the following message:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete. Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate: o The Police certificate from South Korea that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please verify our website in order to determine the required document. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/"

I have followed the same procedures mentioned in the CIC website and obtained the Korean PCC from Korean consulate in Chennai.

I am not sure what could have gone wrong and how I can challenge/appeal for clarification.

Can someone pls help me?

Defmode

Jul 1, 2017
Hi mnupadhya,

Sorry about this news. I don't have a lot of knowledge on this, but figured I'll chime in from the little I've read. From what I've read, the Korean PCC has to be dated after the last time you were there i.e. if you don't currently live there. You also have to make sure that it is a colored scan of the original PCC. Maybe raising a CSE (web inquiry form) and re uploading the colored scan of the original PCC would be helpful. If translation was needed for the PCC, double-check to see that instructions for translation were adhered to. You should also write a letter indicating that you adhered to the instructions for obtaining the Korean PCC, reference/quote instructions from the website, show that these have been followed, and request that your application be re-opened. Upload this letter along with the colored scan of the original copy. You can also post your question on popular threads and senior members should be able to provide more guidance.

Best wishes

Reactions: oinkario and lino82

kor_temp

Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

Sorry for your trouble.
Can you confirm that the PCC you got includes any lapsed records? I suppose yours lists "For permission of foreign country immigration and stay (외국 입국 체류 허가용)" for the "Scope of Reference (조회목적)."

You must got one specified the "Scope of Reference (조회목적)" as "Including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함)," not as "For permission of foreign country immigration and stay (외국 입국 체류 허가용)."
Although the latter sounds correct, CIC specifically asks one 'including any lapsed records.' If the certificate does not include them, CIC doesn't accept it. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp
As far as I know, you cannot get PCC 'including any lapsed records' from Korean consulate. You, or someone you designated with the power of attorney, have to go to police station in Korea in person.

See this blog post: https://taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-韩国无犯罪证明/

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

Sorry for your trouble.
Can you confirm that the PCC you got includes any lapsed records? I suppose yours lists "For permission of foreign country immigration and stay (외국 입국 체류 허가용)" for the "Scope of Reference (조회목적)."

You must got one specified the "Scope of Reference (조회목적)" as "Including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함)," not as "For permission of foreign country immigration and stay (외국 입국 체류 허가용)."
Although the latter sounds correct, CIC specifically asks one 'including any lapsed records.' If the certificate does not include them, CIC doesn't accept it. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/korea-south.asp
As far as I know, you cannot get PCC 'including any lapsed records' from Korean consulate. You, or someone you designated with the power of attorney, have to go to police station in Korea in person.

See this blog post: https://taffytoffy.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/korea-police-certificate-a-step-by-step-guide-韩国无犯罪证明/
Thank you for the response.
yes I found out about this too.. a little too late :(
Have applied again for EE, hopefully things work out this time.

Reactions: lino82

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
Hi mnupadhya,

Sorry about this news. I don't have a lot of knowledge on this, but figured I'll chime in from the little I've read. From what I've read, the Korean PCC has to be dated after the last time you were there i.e. if you don't currently live there. You also have to make sure that it is a colored scan of the original PCC. Maybe raising a CSE (web inquiry form) and re uploading the colored scan of the original PCC would be helpful. If translation was needed for the PCC, double-check to see that instructions for translation were adhered to. You should also write a letter indicating that you adhered to the instructions for obtaining the Korean PCC, reference/quote instructions from the website, show that these have been followed, and request that your application be re-opened. Upload this letter along with the colored scan of the original copy. You can also post your question on popular threads and senior members should be able to provide more guidance.

Best wishes
Thank you Defmode.

I found the reason for rejection.
Working on a new application now.

ImmiCanada17

Jun 4, 2017
Thank you Defmode.

I found the reason for rejection.
Working on a new application now.
I got the rejection for the same reason. In my PCC, lapsed records information is missing. I got my PCC from Korean Embassy in Saudi Arabia. Can you please state that what is the missing point in your PCC?

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
Hi .. please get a new PCC from Korea and send to CIC Ottawa ASAP via email, fax or CSE. They will verify it and reopen your case in 1 month time. Happened with me also, but not for Korean PCC.
Hi,

But my Application status says rejected. DO they still re-open it if I submit the right document?

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
I got the rejection for the same reason. In my PCC, lapsed records information is missing. I got my PCC from Korean Embassy in Saudi Arabia. Can you please state that what is the missing point in your PCC?
It was the same, lapsed records missing.
Basically any embassy cannot provide a PCC with lapsed criminal records, it can only be given by Korean Police from within Korea.

mnupadhya

Aug 1, 2017
Yes .. India PCC didn't cover the entire period of stay, hence my application was rejected. I got new India PCC with entire period of stay and they reopened the case.
I had raised an enquiry through Web enquiry form to consider re-opening my application and this is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

While examining your file, we were happy to notice that the situation you have reported in your Web form is now resolved.

I am not sure what they mean by this.
My application is still in rejected state.
Can anyone suggest what I need to do next?

shri_canada

Feb 21, 2017
I had raised an enquiry through Web enquiry form to consider re-opening my application and this is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

While examining your file, we were happy to notice that the situation you have reported in your Web form is now resolved.

I am not sure what they mean by this.
My application is still in rejected state.
Can anyone suggest what I need to do next?
Send email or CSE again and check if they have re-opened your case again. This looks like generic reply. It might take 1 month to see the chnage under your CIC account.