+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help - PR application rejected because of south korean PCC format

ankurdmp

Jan 5, 2016
finally I got my crinimal record from korean police, you need a friend goe for u
Hello Bella,

I need South Korean PCC - including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함). Could you please tell me the whole process and required forms and documents.

Regards,

arslanali800

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,
is anyone had success getting the right PCC in 2021 with the lapsed record? I'm kind of confused here, some folks did mention that now we cannot get a PCC with the lapsed record due to recent changes in Korean law. Not sure if the PCC we get from the local Korean consulate is acceptable for IRCC application.

Recently, is anyone had success getting PR by submitting PCC obtained from the local Korean consulate?

Appreciate the help.

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Hi All,

My application got rejected for the following reason/s:

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Police Certificate:
The police certificate from South Korea you provided with your application is
not acceptable as it does not indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records. Please consult our website to obtain more

I have provided a valid South Korea, PCC which I got from South Korean, Embassy in Pakistan.
I have also checked a PCC that my other friend got from South Korea, while being in South Korea. And its exactly the same.

What should I do? Can I get it reopened? What should be the next steps. Please guide.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi
yes call them and request reopen and show all steps u tried to get the one they need saying its only for koreans not foreigners. Write a big letter sharing responses from embassy, south korean police, may be toronto embassy of korea saying they don't issue this to foreigners.
This shud have gone in ur first Letter of explanation itself while submitting PCC so that they know u tried for lapsed records but were denied.
Old rules which shud be updated but its a big pain that they still don't update their steps.

HTH
singh

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Hi
yes call them and request reopen and show all steps u tried to get the one they need saying its only for koreans not foreigners. Write a big letter sharing responses from embassy, south korean police, may be toronto embassy of korea saying they don't issue this to foreigners.
This shud have gone in ur first Letter of explanation itself while submitting PCC so that they know u tried for lapsed records but were denied.
Old rules which shud be updated but its a big pain that they still don't update their steps.

HTH
singh
I have actually found the article number from Korean official law website which says that its not provided after 2015 amendment : https://elaw.klri.re.kr/eng_mobile/viewer.do?hseq=35813&type=part&key=9

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
They rejected my application based on Korean PCC. Then I raised the webform explaining the situation, they reopend my application. And after that never asked for additional documents.
Hi Ishrat, can you share with be the details you have mentioned in the Webform. I am in a similar situation and I want to open a webform quickly with the right set of information and proof. Can you share with me the details here or at engr.khurramqazi@gmail.com.

Thanks

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I have actually found the article number from Korean official law website which says that its not provided after 2015 amendment : https://elaw.klri.re.kr/eng_mobile/viewer.do?hseq=35813&type=part&key=9
Raise Webform, list all documents
1. eMail to toronto korean Embassy saying u need this lapsed record etc. they will respond sayings not issued to Foreigners as per law.
2. email to Korean Police foreign depptt. They will also deny
3. Mention you requested ur friends in Korea to went to nearby police stations and were denied.
4. Cite the above website
5. Cite US government official website of PCC where they differntiate Korean PCC based on whether person is Korean or non-Korean. Mess is created by Canadian system which is not getting updated even though USA has updated based on Korean laws 3years back.
6. Email to Korean Embassy in Pakistan and get denial email from them as well.

I have seen many cases where such details Letter of explation has got +ve results. Mere citing website won't help as that will make them feel u didn't tried at all. Show u did ur best and tried all legal ways.
allminwon.com certificate is techincally illegal and also costs 300$ kind or more these days for each person. u can use wchung at askkorealaw.com to get certificate for little cost effective than allminwon if u like

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Raise Webform, list all documents
1. eMail to toronto korean Embassy saying u need this lapsed record etc. they will respond sayings not issued to Foreigners as per law.
2. email to Korean Police foreign depptt. They will also deny
3. Mention you requested ur friends in Korea to went to nearby police stations and were denied.
4. Cite the above website
5. Cite US government official website of PCC where they differntiate Korean PCC based on whether person is Korean or non-Korean. Mess is created by Canadian system which is not getting updated even though USA has updated based on Korean laws 3years back.
6. Email to Korean Embassy in Pakistan and get denial email from them as well.

I have seen many cases where such details Letter of explation has got +ve results. Mere citing website won't help as that will make them feel u didn't tried at all. Show u did ur best and tried all legal ways.
allminwon.com certificate is techincally illegal and also costs 300$ kind or more these days for each person. u can use wchung at askkorealaw.com to get certificate for little cost effective than allminwon if u like
Yes I did exactly the same. Now waiting for response from CIC. Any idea how much time would they take to respond.
Secondly, should I create a new profile and so in case this doesn't work I keep myself in the Pool for the next rounds. Or better to wait.
Thanks

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Hi, There is no update from CIC yet. Waiting for them. Well, I will submit a notice i got from Korean police station. Or will contact legal services in Korea. One of the agencies said that they can try to get the PCC for me but If they cannot get the document then they will refund me 50% and give me evidence to submit to CIC. So far, I am counting on these. The agency’s name is Ask Korea legal consultation. email ID: wchung@askkorealaw.com

May I know how much time CIC give you to submit the lapsed record?
Hey Ishrat, when they re opened your profile after the rejection. Did you get a notification or they just activated it after receiving your webform.

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Unfortunately, even though I put a webform to review my case with proofs from South Korea Embassy in Toronto and Email from Korea Police. Today just after 4-5 days of rejection based on PCC with no lapse record form South, I received a full refund of my case. Which means even if they want to continue after the webform review. They wont be able to re open my case. IS IT SO?

I will now have to make another EE id and reply. Which mean I lost my PNP invitation as well and more then an year of wait.

This all just because IRCC haven't updated their system. Which according to Korea police they update on 1Jun 2022 thats just one day after my rejection.

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Unfortunately, even though I put a webform to review my case with proofs from South Korea Embassy in Toronto and Email from Korea Police. Today just after 4-5 days of rejection based on PCC with no lapse record form South, I received a full refund of my case. Which means even if they want to continue after the webform review. They wont be able to re open my case. IS IT SO?

I will now have to make another EE id and reply. Which mean I lost my PNP invitation as well and more then an year of wait.

This all just because IRCC haven't updated their system. Which according to Korea police they update on 1Jun 2022 thats just one day after my rejection.
In this case, you should hire an immigration lawyer to deal with them. I've seen cases that CIC reopened the application when they found out they mistakenly rejected some applicants without legal grounds.

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
In this case, you should hire an immigration lawyer to deal with them. I've seen cases that CIC reopened the application when they found out they mistakenly rejected some applicants without legal grounds.
How much would that cost me approx?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017

_a_k_

Dec 19, 2023

Can you please let me know if you were able to solve this? Did IRCC accept the PCC given by the consulate not including lapsed records?

Consulate says that it can provide a written confirmation. Will this be enough?
https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/ca-toronto-en/brd/m_5266/view.do?seq=760552&page=1

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
So be happy whosoever comes to this thread. the mess is over.. God only can help canadians who has the sin of rejecting so many PR and work permit applications just because they didn't updated and synced up with Korean Laws. So many life changed/deestroyed due to demi-Gods in IRCC who were showing their powers to people for no fault of theirs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/korea-south.html

Name of the document you need
Korean nationals

You must submit a criminal (investigation) records check report (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) where the “scope of reference” indicates “For permission of foreign country immigration and stay” (외국 입국 체류 허가용).
Foreign nationals
If you’re a foreign national who has lived in South Korea for 6 consecutive months or longer since the age of 18, you must submit a background check (criminal records) certificate (신원조사(범죄경력)증명서).

Few of my non-Korean friends got work permit approved using normal police certificate (and NOt lapsed record etc). I feel now the Canada IRCC has updated rules so foreigners (nonkoreans) don't need the lapsed record. So the mess is now solved. Just get normal PCC from embassy or Any korean police station. No need to pay a dollar to get the same.

Reactions: _a_k_