+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

Abelardo123

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Everyone! I'm applying to the amendment of my PGWP due to the expiring date of my passport before the 3 years. I have been reading the previous conversations posted here and I have a couple of doubts. I hope some of you could help me. The firts question is related to the switch of the adress of the Case Processing Centre from Vegreville to 9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55 Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3. I would like to confirm if this information is real? does any of you have some information about this change? My second question is regarding the check list suggested and the template of the letter which is circulationg here. According to the experieces, did you already received the "extension" of your remaining time? Thanks

Omorod

Jan 7, 2019
I just got my PGWP extended!
Initially, my PGWP was given for 9 months because of my old passport validity. I renewed my passport in Canada and applied for PGWP extension ONLINE. I filled the form exactly the same way as I did when I applied PGWP for the first time but I did attach a letter of explanation.
I tried to do the same thing but the form was uploading giving error because saying previously provided information don’t match pgwp expiration date

Omorod

Jan 7, 2019
Hi Everyone! I'm applying to the amendment of my PGWP due to the expiring date of my passport before the 3 years. I have been reading the previous conversations posted here and I have a couple of doubts. I hope some of you could help me. The firts question is related to the switch of the adress of the Case Processing Centre from Vegreville to 9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55 Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3. I would like to confirm if this information is real? does any of you have some information about this change? My second question is regarding the check list suggested and the template of the letter which is circulationg here. According to the experieces, did you already received the "extension" of your remaining time? Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E7

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
I just got my PGWP extended!
Initially, my PGWP was given for 9 months because of my old passport validity. I renewed my passport in Canada and applied for PGWP extension ONLINE. I filled the form exactly the same way as I did when I applied PGWP for the first time but I did attach a letter of explanation.
Did you use your current status as a student or worker?

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
Hi, My PGWP is expiring in August 2019. I have a valid passport. Question:
1. Should I apply online or paper?
2. Do I need a Job letter to extend PGWP?
3. Should I put my current status as a student or worker?
4. Do I need to show funds?

I am not eligible for PR yet as I had to leave canada because in china my mother was sick.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi, My PGWP is expiring in August 2019. I have a valid passport. Question:
1. Should I apply online or paper?
2. Do I need a Job letter to extend PGWP?
3. Should I put my current status as a student or worker?
4. Do I need to show funds?

I am not eligible for PR yet as I had to leave canada because in china my mother was sick.
You are aware that you can't extend a PGWP, unless it was issued for less than the eligible period (due to early passport expiry)?

Last edited:

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
You are aware that you can't extend a PGWP, unless it was issued for less than the eligible period (due to early passport expiry)?
No, I did not. What should I do as I still require few months for one year experience in order to apply PR?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No, I did not. What should I do as I still require few months for one year experience in order to apply PR?
You will need to apply for an employer specific, closed, work permit. There are lots of threads related to that topic in this section.

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
What should be the length of the PGWP after two year post secondary studies in canada?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What should be the length of the PGWP after two year post secondary studies in canada?
Whatever IRCC decides based on the specifics of your case. Once the PGWP has been issued, it's a done deal. If you thought it was too short a period, you would have needed to appeal at the time of issue. Too late now.

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am on a similar situation, my PGWP remarks/observation : "Passport must be renewed for extension consideration" my work permit is expiring in October. what are the chances they will give me an extension?

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Followed the steps and sent to pgwp extension adress and was approved in 4 months by paper
Hi there,

I will be sending in my application for PGWP extension and I just wanted to confirm the address where you send it to. Has the Case Processing Centre address changed from Vegreville to Edmonton? I look forward to your response. Thanks again!