+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks swgley_09 for your reply. I called CIC today and they confirmed that I have to apply by paper.

Quick question, do I need to enclose a personal photo with the application? I recall submitting one when filling the application online last year but it doesn't seem that it is on the checklist (IMM5556).

For payment, I should be paying 155 (Work Permit fee) + 100 (Open Work Permit Holder fee), right? Did I miss anything?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Mohamed

Mohammad Wally

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Dear All,

I just wanted to know, when I should apply for PGWP extension? Before my current permit expires or I can apply any time I want? Is there any time frame? Your reply on this issue will be highly appreciable.

Thanks

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
I think it's better to apply once you get your passport renewed.

Guys, do I have to include a personal photo with the application?

Thanks
M

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahmou21 said:
I think it's better to apply once you get your passport renewed.

Guys, do I have to include a personal photo with the application?

Thanks
M
Check at cic.gc.ca if personal photo is required to your application. There is a checklist and guide there

What to do?

May 17, 2016
Hi mahmou21,
have you herd anything?
i cant seem to be able to apply online too
i called cic but they said they haven't heard of this problem and sent me the help information n the website but it doesnt resolve the problem
Please reply if you found a way around the questionnaire thing
Thanks so much

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Hi PMM

To apply online I am having to go through the 'Check if you're eligible' questionnaire. When I do so, it says you're ineligible to apply.

I have a same situation of getting PGWP until passport expiry, my express entry is still under process (Jan 21st AOR on FSW Inland)
and I wish to extend my PGWP - am just not able to see how to do it online.

PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes you are eligible to extend the PGWP to the full time. Apply http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp If you intend to apply on paper: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp Suite 202

mahmou21

Jan 24, 2016
Sorry for the late reply. You have to apply by paper. There is no way to apply online.
I called CIC and they confirmed that as well.

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
I was charged only $19 after tax. For 3 day mailing service with tracking.
Am I missing something?

goldencanada said:
To all people, who are in same situation. Following is the process explained that helped me get my PGWP for remaining 2 Years.

1. Request Letter (Very Important): http://bit.ly/PGWP_Extension_Request_Letter
I used this template when applying for extension.

2. Make sure, you pay the PGWP application fee as well as $100 additional fees before you send your application.

3. You have to send your documents to "Unit 555" not Unit 202.

4. Overall Processing time for my entire application was 4 months.

5. Application Kit:

a. Document Checklist: Required

1. Tick following options under ALL APPLICANTS: IMM5710, IMM5556.
2. Tick following options under WORK PERMIT: Passport, Current Immigration Document.

b. IMM5710: Required

Answers for some important questions:

1. I am applying for one or more of the following:
* An Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
2. Under "Details of Intended Work in Canada" Section,
Select What type of work permit are you applying for: Post Graduation Work Permit
Leave all other sections blank.
3. Under "Employment" section,
Mention your current work experience in first box. It's enough.
4. Under "Background Information",
Select "Yes" for "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?".
Add following line in box "*d)".
APPLIED FOR POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT ON "Old PGWP Date". PERMIT ISSUED WITH VALIDITY UPTO "PGWP Expiry Date".

c. Attach photocopy of first page, last page of your Passport, PGWP and Official Receipt.

6. Use the fastest possible delivery service, I used Canada Post from Toronto. They charged me $55 and took 3 days to deliver the package to Vegreville.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
choprakart said:
I was charged only $19 after tax. For 3 day mailing service with tracking.
Am I missing something?
it costs different prices depending which province you mail from and which to, and the size of the package

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Is there a way to track paper application, how will I know tCIC has started working on it

volkov said:
it costs different prices depending which province you mail from and which to, and the size of the package

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
There's no way to track your Paper application.

Rough estimate: 3-4 months (Could be less).

If there was any mistake or something was missing in your package, They'll send it back.

Otherwise, You'll get your permit in few months.

Khan77

Jan 7, 2016
Hello members!

I received a two years PGWP instead of three years as my passport would expire within two years. Now, if i renew my passport, what do i have to do to get three years PGWP? I mean do i have to re-apply for PGWP online along with Letter of Explanation or do i apply through paper application or make an appeal? What is the right and fastest way to go about it. I'd really appreciate your meaningful suggestion.

Thanks again!