+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello Guys,

Can you please help me here, I will really appreciate it. I got the biometrics request for my Parents Immigration on Friday but when I am not able to book their appointment using VFS India website. Its not allowing me to select the date. Is there something wrong or the VFS office is closed for biometrics? I am trying to book the appointment from Toronto.

Any help w
When was your application receive date?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If conservatives win would they scrap this years upcoming draw or would it be too late by then?
The program has already been announced for this year. They won't change it for this year. If they get a majority, they'll make changes next year.

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
why did you submit an interest form knowing that you don't qualify? and you just wasted a quota
I feel government should have a clear questionnaire about income and actually if you are eligible . This is extremely frustrating that people put their name forward without being actually eligible and waste the spot. :confused:

Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But Liberal allocated 20k per day, Conservatives used to give the only 5k per day.
Think you mean per year. No matter what there is a good chances that the lottery will be changed for another system. Parent sponsorship is never guaranteed. Canada does a poor job clarifying that with the number of immigrants it will never be possible to come close to meeting the demand for parent and grandparent sponsorship. It would be better to be upfront so potential immigrants can make informed decisions about immigration. Canada has an ageing population and a lack of healthcare resources and general services to deal with the growing number of older Canadians. Most countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Think you mean per year. No matter what there is a good chances that the lottery will be changed for another system. Parent sponsorship is never guaranteed. Canada does a poor job clarifying that with the number of immigrants it will never be possible to come close to meeting the demand for parent and grandparent sponsorship. It would be better to be upfront so potential immigrants can make informed decisions about immigration. Canada has an ageing population and a lack of healthcare resources and general services to deal with the growing number of older Canadians. Most countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to public healthcare.
I would prefer a two-tiered system: with healthcare and without healthcare. people can choose to go for which stream based on their needs so that we are not stuck on a single bridge. for myself, for example, my parents just need PR to live a few months a year close to me and eventually become CA citizens, our home country has a much better healthcare system, so they can just go back to use healthcare over there when needed.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Where did you read that? Can you post the link please
I could not find the plan from the Federal Cons.

But I did see this article commenting on the Federal NDP plan for PGP

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-ndp-immigration-plan-for-seniors-is-fiscal-suicide

The NDP has promised open immigration to Canada for aging parents and grandparents of existing immigrants. An NDP government would “end the unfair cap on applications to sponsor parents and grandparents and take on the backlogs that are keeping families apart.”

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/sabrina-maddeaux-ndps-immigration-plan-is-a-fairytale-just-like-the-rest-of-its-platform

https://www.ndp.ca/communities?focus=13934157&nothing=nothing

Welcoming new Canadians
Immigration makes Canada stronger, welcoming new talent and energy from around the world to build our communities and boost our economy. Canada is one of the most diverse countries in the world – and we are richer and stronger for it.
Yet, under the Liberal government, too many new Canadians are waiting years to reunify with family members. Highly educated people are struggling to get work in their field of expertise – causing stress for their families as they struggle to make ends meet and to fulfil their potential. And instead of helping, too many Conservatives want to make the situation worse, with dangerous statements that seek to divide our communities.
Our immigration system should be accountable to Canadians and rooted in the values of fairness, respect, and dignity. We know that immigrants strengthen our country, and we will always stand against those who would use fear of our neighbours to divide us. We believe in a Canada where newcomers can rely on a fair process, and find success when they arrive – and where no one is separated from their loved ones for years because of backlogs.
That’s why a New Democrat government will make sure that our immigration policies and levels meet Canada’s labour force needs and recognize people’s experiences, contributions, and ties to Canada. We will work with the provinces to address gaps in settlement services and improve foreign credentials recognition.

We believe that in Canada, family reunification should be a priority. But thousands of families who hoped to apply to bring a parent or grandparent are let down by the lottery system when the available spots were filled in just minutes. New Democrats will end the unfair cap on applications to sponsor parents and grandparents, and take on the backlogs that are keeping families apart. Under the Liberals the backlog of immigration applications for the family members of refugees nearly doubled by 2021 – meaning that people will have to wait years to be reunited with loved ones.

We need all kinds of workers in Canada. Throughout the pandemic, we depended on workers who came here from other countries to work in agriculture, caregiving and more. New Democrats believe that if someone is good enough to come and work here, then there should be a path for them to stay permanently.
New Democrats will protect newcomers by taking on unscrupulous immigration consultants, ensuring that the industry is regulated by the government. And we’ll treat caregivers brought to Canada with respect and dignity, providing them with status and allowing them to reunite with their families without delay.
As the world experiences an unprecedented refugee crisis, Canada also has a vital role to play in resettling people forced out of their homes by conflict, persecution and disasters. But under the Liberal government, the backlog of asylum seekers is set to more than double in the next few years. A New Democrat government will fix the system to get rid of the backlog, and work with Canadians to resettle refugees in our communities, ensuring they are given the support they need to build successful lives and new homes here in Canada.

There are no details though. Frankly I don't trust any politicians anymore.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Here's somewhat of a summary of the different political parties' stance on immigration. I had to edit the article (only included the Federal Cons and NDP stuff) as the forum only allows posts up to 10000 characters. This summary is written by the same people who own this forum.

Only the Federal Cons and the Federal NDP are highlighted when it comes to the PGP.

@trini_ac

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/08/election-2021-what-canadas-parties-say-about-immigration-0818986.html#gs.b1kfp3

Election 2021: What Canada’s parties say about immigrationA look at the immigration platforms of some of Canada's major federal parties.

All of Canada’s major parties are rooting for immigrants in the 2021 election campaign.

However, there remain unresolved issues in the immigration system. Namely, the backlog in application processing, outdated technology, and no one quite knows what to do with the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP).

These are some of the issues that the parties have touched on so far. While there are more parties than the ones listed here, we have condensed the immigration platforms of the four most popular parties in Canada.

Conservative Party
The Conservatives are politically centre-right. Currently, they are the official opposition, meaning they hold the second-most seats in the House of Commons. It is the only party other than the Liberals to ever hold office at the federal level. The party leader is Erin O’Toole, who has won elections in immigrant-rich ridings in the past.

In the 2021 election platform, the Conservatives call for an immigration system that welcomes international talent, offers refuge to human rights defenders and those who are fleeing persecution, and reunites families.

They want to allow applicants to pay a fee to have their processing expedited. The revenues from these fees will go toward hiring additional staff to address administrative backlogs. They also want to speed up application processing by reducing red tape, streamlining applications, and using resources to their full potential.

The Conservatives also want a more fair immigration system. Not only do they want to move operations online, they also want to record all interactions between immigration officers and applicants. They say this would be “to help ensure oversight, fairness, and
accountability” in the immigration system.

Also, they want to increase cultural awareness training and match applicants with immigration officers who best understand the cultural context of the applicant. They also want to allow applicants to correct mistakes on their application within a certain amount of time after submitting.

As they had in their previous campaign, the Conservatives want to improve credential recognition. O’Toole’s campaign is promising to immediately launch a Credential Recognition Task Force to study possible solutions.

The Conservatives would scrap the lottery system for the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP), and replace it with a first-come, first-served model. They envision a weighted system where applicants would be prioritized if they are providing child care or family support, as well as their language proficiency. They would also invest in more resources to process applications more quickly.

Conservatives would allow foreign family members of Canadians to live in Canada for up to five years without permanent status. Family members would be able to renew their stay for additional time as long as they purchase health insurance.

New Democratic Party
The New Democratic Party (NDP) is considered left-wing on the political spectrum. Canada has never had an NDP government at the federal level. Multiple polls have found the party’s leader, Jagmeet Singh, to be the most popular candidate in this election campaign.

The NDP’s 2021 platform promises to end the caps on the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) and address the backlogs. They also say they will work with the provinces to improve settlement services and foreign credential recognition.

They vow to take on unscrupulous immigration consultants and ensure the industry is regulated by the government. They would also provide status to caregivers and their families.

For refugees, the NDPs want to get rid of the backlog of asylum seekers, though their platform does not say how.

They would also prioritize pay equity to end wage discrimination based on gender, which affects immigrant women. To do this, they would require employers to be transparent about pay and immediately implement pro-active pay equity legislation.