+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency "Serious Disease" Question

Rishishahani

May 6, 2018
I have gone through surgery for IBD (Chron's disease) twice in last 4 years. I use medication called Aziron which is very cheap in price and will stop using that medication after couple of months as my doctor suggested that iam free from Chron's. But still its an recurring disease, will it cause any problem to my PR application? I have CRS score of 472 and about to start my PR process.

Can any one please suggest me what should i do during the course of medical test?

You can select Yes and can submit a letter from doctor mentioning that its under control now. In LOE you can provide link of the medicine that you are taking. Price of medicine that you take in routine will not matter as its anyways not paid by canadian government. They just pay for doctors consultstion. So should not be an issue.

Rajkamal666

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Thank you for the information. My concern is that
1. What should i convey to doctor during the course of Medical test?
2. Will doctor propose any additional medical tests to be conducted?
3. As i am normal now, CIC would still consider for expensive treatment threshold?

puri1612

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks.

My question is what to put it answer of Statutory question? I am asking this because I had selected it as NO while submission of profile as I asked in few forums and they said that it's not a serious disease.

I am just afraid it not to be a case of misrepresentation.
Hi
I also answered NO, with past history?
Did you cleared everything?
I am also worried for the same.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi
I also answered NO, with past history?
Did you cleared everything?
I am also worried for the same.
You should declare about any past serious illness. Did you took medication for long? Is the illness under control? Have you undergone medical as yet? If not declare it to your doctor.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi I’m diagnosed with grave disease. Do I still need to declared it as yes under statutory question of have you ever suffered any serious disease?