+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Residency "Serious Disease" Question

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Do you still want to practice medicine? Can't remember where you are from but getting licensed as an IMG is often very difficult.

As I have previously said you are overthinking things. Just remember that Canada is just doing their due diligence. They will likely ask for proof that your medical costs will not meet the excessive demand criteria but HIV+ applicants have been qualifying as PRs for many years if they were on a generic drug treatment plan. Most probably have an undetectable viral load. Nobody is saying that you are a risk to Canada. TB and hepatitis is the main concern when in comes to communicable diseases. There are unfortunately some people who are not worried about others contacting their HIV so the concern has to be about a rare few.
Please can you give me a hint for explanation if I choose YES what explanation should I provide.
What explanation would you provide if you were me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please can you give me a hint for explanation if I choose YES what explanation should I provide.
What explanation would you provide if you were me?
"I have HIV. It is under control with X levels and X medications."

Don't overthink it.

Reactions: Outworld

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So you recommend me to give basic info about viral load and CD4 cells count
Honestly, it won't make a difference. It just seems like yoi want to be able to say something, so you can say that.

Everything to do with your condition will be reviewed and decided by a medical officer based on the medical results, not your answer. The regular officer processing your file cannot make medical decisions.

Reactions: canuck78

Rishishahani

May 6, 2018
I am in the process of applying for a PR and am yet to receive an ITA. I am the primary applicant and also have a mild form of crohn's. I just need to take regular medications and need to get my self checked once a year or so. It would be great if you could post about your experience once you are done with your medical or have found a definitive answer to your question.

Hi sandeep. I am in the same stage as you were. In my case i am primary applicant and wife is having mild crohn's. She takes regular medicine which does not costs much
I have a questions. Do i need to mention this as a serious disease?

I have not found any answer to this. Request you to reply as it will help many others with similar condition.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi sandeep. I am in the same stage as you were. In my case i am primary applicant and wife is having mild crohn's. She takes regular medicine which does not costs much
I have a questions. Do i need to mention this as a serious disease?

I have not found any answer to this. Request you to reply as it will help many others with similar condition.
Thanks
Crohn's is a lifelong disease so I would say yes. Saying yes still means you're application will go on as normal.

Reactions: Alicialeigh

Rishishahani

May 6, 2018
Crohn's is a lifelong disease so I would say yes. Saying yes still means you're application will go on as normal.
Thanks for response.
So you too selected yes? And did you got pr?
I was thinking of an option of selecting no as its not at all serious and instead write about this in letter of explanation?
What do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for response.
I was thinking of an option of selecting no as its not at all serious and instead write about this in letter of explanation?
What do you think?
Didn't immigrate myself. Would answer yes and explain you were unsure but wanted to be cautious with your answer. Then explain it is a mild form. This is a very subjective question so people are constantly unsure how to answer. In the end it''s your medical exam which actually decides whether you will be a medical burden or not.

Rishishahani

May 6, 2018
Didn't immigrate myself. Would answer yes and explain you were unsure but wanted to be cautious with your answer. Then explain it is a mild form. This is a very subjective question so people are constantly unsure how to answer. In the end it''s your medical exam which actually decides whether you will be a medical burden or not.

Ok.. today i did my medical with my family. Told the doc about crohn's.. She said its not at all serious problem but the same will be mentioned in the report. So i have decided to answer "No" and give expansion in LOE. i have also selected No in my sinp pnp.

indy500

May 27, 2017
Thanks for response.
What do you think?
I answered yes to the serious condition for mild crohns but wrote a little bit about it in the letter of explanation and also submitted a letter from my doctor that showed I don't require any medical treatment at the moment. I just got my PR 2 days back. So I think it's not whether or not you answer yes or no. As long as the medical officer is satisfied that's all that matters. Good luck with your application. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I answered yes to the serious condition for mild crohns but wrote a little bit about it in the letter of explanation and also submitted a letter from my doctor that showed I don't require any medical treatment at the moment. I just got my PR 2 days back. So I think it's not whether or not you answer yes or no. As long as the medical officer is satisfied that's all that matters. Good luck with your application. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Yes exactly what I said. Yes or no makes no difference it is the results of medical check that maters in the end.

Reactions: Rishishahani

Rishishahani

May 6, 2018
Congratulations.. submitting letter from doctor is a good idea. I will still select no because if i select yes it will contradict my reply which i gave while applying for pnp. What all did you mention in the letter from the doctor? If possible please share a copy to me on rishi.shahani@gmail.com. it will be great help.

Thanks

rayat137

Jun 16, 2019
Hi, I am currently on anti-depressants and have mentioned it to the panel physician. Should I answer yes to the statutory question, "Do you have any serious illness or physical or mental disorder?"

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019
I suffered from acute disseminated encephalomyelitis in 2016. Because of this disease, i went into coma for a week and got paralysed. After 1 month of physiotherapy i started to walk and back to normal. I have been working for past 18 months. I am not on any medication for past 18 months as well. Do let me know will this hamper my express entry application?
Hi Suresh,
Can I know whats the outcome of your medicals. We have a autoimmune disease called HS and wanted to know how to approach the case

Rajkamal666

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
I have gone through surgery for IBD (Chron's disease) twice in last 4 years. I use medication called Aziron which is very cheap in price and will stop using that medication after couple of months as my doctor suggested that iam free from Chron's. But still its an recurring disease, will it cause any problem to my PR application? I have CRS score of 472 and about to start my PR process.

Can any one please suggest me what should i do during the course of medical test?