+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

masudali103

Aug 20, 2015
To everyone who has been following my situation:

I got my passport request today (Aug 30th 2015). I applied on June 11th, my file was forwarded to the embassy on June 14th, so the entire process took exactly 11 weeks and 1 day for me.

My only question now is, what do I take with me to the embassy in Abu Dhabi to have the visa stamped? The request letter and passport should be enough or do I have to include anything else? Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone on the forum who made the wait a lot more bearable by providing such thorough and helpful information. God bless you guys.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Congrats masudali , all the best

I guess, you just need to bring your passport (old passports if you have) and passport request letter. In case, keep the copy of your admission offer letter and some extra photos with you.

Other members would give some better output related to your enquiry.

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
masudali103 said:
To everyone who has been following my situation:

I got my passport request today (Aug 30th 2015). I applied on June 11th, my file was forwarded to the embassy on June 14th, so the entire process took exactly 11 weeks and 1 day for me.

My only question now is, what do I take with me to the embassy in Abu Dhabi to have the visa stamped? The request letter and passport should be enough or do I have to include anything else? Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone on the forum who made the wait a lot more bearable by providing such thorough and helpful information. God bless you guys.
Congratulations MasudAli.

Once you get the visa stamping done, could you just post on this group how long you had to wait at the embassy while they did it? I hope you get it done soon, and I look forward to hearing from you :)

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
Got my PP from VFS Qatar today! 3 working days for PP to get stamped, but 5 total days to recieve it due to weekend. Traveling on 3 September early morning.

Special thanks to everyone for their support. I hope you hear something good soon. I have updated my Profile to show my complete timeline, it's very depressing to say the least. Hope the rest of you have better luck.

@masudali103

Congrats! :D

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
I haven't received any updates regarding my application yet, Will go down to the Embassy either tommorow or the day after, Can someone confirm that they will let me file in the "pink" slip even if I have applied through VFS dubai? And what other documents shall I take with me? Thanks!

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sq96 said:
I haven't received any updates regarding my application yet, Will go down to the Embassy either tommorow or the day after, Can someone confirm that they will let me file in the "pink" slip even if I have applied through VFS dubai? And what other documents shall I take with me? Thanks!
@sq96

tahaanwar went to the embassy twice and he stated that the application number, name, date of birth, phone number and email address are required.bring your original passport in case.all the best

masudali103

Aug 20, 2015
rahulramesh8 said:
Congratulations MasudAli.

Once you get the visa stamping done, could you just post on this group how long you had to wait at the embassy while they did it? I hope you get it done soon, and I look forward to hearing from you :)
I went to the embassy this morning, but I was told that I can't drop my passport here because I'm a resident of the UAE. The same was mentioned in my passport request letter. So I went to VFS instead. They said it'll take 7 working days. My flight is on the 17th, so I'm no hurry.

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
masudali103 said:
I went to the embassy this morning, but I was told that I can't drop my passport here because I'm a resident of the UAE. The same was mentioned in my passport request letter. So I went to VFS instead. They said it'll take 7 working days. My flight is on the 17th, so I'm no hurry.
Masudali..some members of this forum mentioned in the thread that they took passport and passport request letter to the embassy and got their visa stamped on the same day from the embassy.

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@masaduli,

You just have to show them the urgency of your stuff.
The guards are very cooperative but you might have to keep requesting them to meet a VO.

You explain the VO the situation and they will surely help you.

For my case, VFS took me around 5 working days.

Best of Luck!

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys, I decided to go to the embassy today and fill in the pink paper. Waited for awhile before I got a reply from one of the security officers saying that I should go submit my passport to the VFS.
I hadn't received any updates till then so going to the embassy was definitely a great step. They told me you cannot submit ur passport to the embassy itself if you are a UAE resident. Unless its an utmost emergency.

For anyone that would like to know here's my timeline

Applied via VFS - Dubai - July 6th
Application transferred to embassy in Abu Dhabi - July 7th
(Between then and now I had received ZERO updates through the VFS tracking option)
Went to the embassy and filled in the pink slip stating my situation in detail and I was told to submit my passport to VFS, And said it will take 5 working days approx to get the visa stamped.

I suggest everyone who has already bypassed the expected wait time to go to the embassy and fill in the pink slip!

To everyone that has already gotten their visa's stamped have a safe journey, and everyone waiting don't tread on it. Go to the embassy see what happens!

tim420

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Congrats sq96.

Today mark the completion of 9 weeks in my case. I will be going to the embassy on Monday to fill the pink form. It's frustrating :(

ph_sara

Jul 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm from Dubai, and I'm applying for winter semester, but still didn't get a reply from the university. I have got an idea about the whole visa process, and what kind of documents to prepare, thanks to you :), but I'm not sure about the first step after getting the reply from the university. Some of the things on my mind are: Should I go directly to Dubai visa center with my documents?, or should I print some forms and send them?. I would appreciate it if someone could explain the first few steps to me.

Something else I want to ask about, the Bank Draft or the Demand Draft (same thing by the way). The thing is I didn't open a bank account yet, and I will open one in these few days, but for sure there will not be a four months statement. So I'm going to make a bank draft and show it to the Visa Center instead of the four months bank statement. It will show them that I have enough money to support myself, so no need for bank statement, right??. I know that the recipient name should be General For Canada, but what about the recipient address?

Most of you are in Canada now yaaaaay .... Wish you all the best, and for the one's who didn't made it yet..... hang in there.

rahulramesh8

Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys,

For those who haven't been following my situation, I applied ont he 28th of June for my study permit but did not hear back at all from the embassy or the VFS in Qatar (which is where I applied from). So this Sunday, I went to Abu Dhabi to the embassy and sat outside the door till 4PM and submitted the pink slip stating my situation.

Again, on Monday I went there and surprisingly the security guards (who are seriously awesome) let me in to speak with the visa officer. When I explained to her that I came all the way from Qatar just for this, she looked up something in her system, and asked me to come back to collect my passport at 230PM. My visa was stamped and that was all.

For those who are losing hope after 10 weeks (like I did), I suggest you go to the embassy and spend some time outside that door (even if it means sitting down on the floor).

PS: If you meet a dude with a ponytail (his name is Ahmed), give him a hug from me. He waited 2 whole days with me too and he knows everything about the visa process if you need his help. Good luck guys!

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
Hey guys. I've finally received my passport request letter! I am guessing this is an approval if I am not mistaken?

Anyways what's the fastest way to get the visa stamped and back? I applied online.

I heard going to the Abu Dhabi embassy will not work as I am a resident of the UAE.

Tareqo0o

Aug 23, 2015
hi guys
i received an sms and and email says visa application,tracking ID NO............ your correspondence has been dispatched from canada visa office on 3/11/2015 to the canada visa application centre .