+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC from SAUDI ARABIA

Shakuna

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys,

I received a letter in MYCIC account to upload a police certificate from Saudi Arabia.. as I am born and living here.
I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh but I got a confirmation email that states that any inquiries are to be sent via webform ( which I also did).

But the question is... Can I print the letter I received in MYCIC account and take it to the MOFA for attestation?
Or is there another letter of request which I am supposed to receive from the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh ?

Another question ... Is there a specific office in the MOFA I should go to..? It’s a huge building !!

Shakuna

Jan 23, 2018
Hello all..
I got 20 days from now to submit my PCC, I reside in Jeddah Saudi Arabia (Ethiopian)...

What should I do in my case? What are the procedures please?... Should I just print the attachment that I received via my email and go to the Police station along with my iqama? Are there any documents required? Like a letter from my consulate (Ethiopian)? Or the Canadian?... I'm really confused and running out of time
Hi Abadi,

Can u please assist me... did the MOFA attest the letter you printed from your CiC account ??

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi guys,

I received a letter in MYCIC account to upload a police certificate from Saudi Arabia.. as I am born and living here.
I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh but I got a confirmation email that states that any inquiries are to be sent via webform ( which I also did).

But the question is... Can I print the letter I received in MYCIC account and take it to the MOFA for attestation?
Or is there another letter of request which I am supposed to receive from the Canadian Embassy in Riyadh ?

Another question ... Is there a specific office in the MOFA I should go to..? It’s a huge building !!
MOFA will not validate any non-arabic letter. The text has to be in Arabic or both in English and Arabic. Also the letter should be specific addressed to MOFA and Riyadh Police Directorate.

You have 2 options, raise a CSE requesting the Saudi PCC request letter from Canadian Embassy or request PCC letter from your local embassy. Both will do.

If opting for Canadian request letter, few days after raising CSE, try and visit Canadian Embassy in diplomatic quarters and tell them at security gate that you sent email and already raised CSE but no response. They will confirm with your name and they have request letters printed on their desk which they will provide after confirmation. Fill your name in arabic , passport number in English characters. Each dependant in the application should get separate PCC request letter.

You will have to visit MOFA and visitors will be allowed only from one gate which is the back side of the building and there you can get MOFA attestation in 30 riyals. After this you can go to main Police Office in Deerah and submit your request. You can collect PCC in 2 days.

Hope this helps and answers your query.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shakuna

Shakuna

Jan 23, 2018
MOFA will not validate any non-arabic letter. The text has to be in Arabic or both in English and Arabic. Also the letter should be specific addressed to MOFA and Riyadh Police Directorate.

You have 2 options, raise a CSE requesting the Saudi PCC request letter from Canadian Embassy or request PCC letter from your local embassy. Both will do.

If opting for Canadian request letter, few days after raising CSE, try and visit Canadian Embassy in diplomatic quarters and tell them at security gate that you sent email and already raised CSE but no response. They will confirm with your name and they have request letters printed on their desk which they will provide after confirmation. Fill your name in arabic , passport number in English characters. Each dependant in the application should get separate PCC request letter.

You will have to visit MOFA and visitors will be allowed only from one gate which is the back side of the building and there you can get MOFA attestation in 30 riyals. After this you can go to main Police Office in Deerah and submit your request. You can collect PCC in 2 days.

Hope this helps and answers your query.
Thanks a lot you were of great help

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
can someone tell me, what I can do to get the Saudi PCC if I am not in KSA and have a valid Iqama?

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
can someone tell me, what I can do to get the Saudi PCC if I am not in KSA and have a valid Iqama?
You cannot get Saudi PCC when you have a valid iqama and you are not physically available in Saudi.

Police will ask for original Iqama in order to process the PCC request.

Reactions: can_27

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
You cannot get Saudi PCC when you have a valid iqama and you are not physically available in Saudi.

Police will ask for original Iqama in order to process the PCC request.
Further questions :

1. If we have to visit KSA and get the pcc done then can I take the email request lettter from ircc or do I need to take an request letter from Canadian embassy in Riyadh or from Canadian embassy in India?

2. Do we need to get letter attested from MOFA?

3. Translation of request letter is required and that can be done near MOFA, what about the translation of PCC back to English, can we get it done near Police station and does not it have to be Canadian certified translator? And Are there Canadian certified translator I Jeddah?

Last edited:

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Further questions :

1. If we have to visit KSA and get the pcc done then can I take the email request lettter from ircc or do I need to take an request letter from Canadian embassy in Riyadh or from Canadian embassy in India?

You can request it from Canadian Embassy or your Local Indian Embassy.

2. Do we need to get letter attested from MOFA?

Yes. You have to get it attested from MOFA before submitting it to Police Directorate.

3. Translation of request letter is required and that can be done near MOFA, what about the translation of PCC back to English, can we get it done near Police station and does not it have to be Canadian certified translator? And Are there Canadian certified translator I Jeddah?

You do not have to translate request letter as MOFA & Police needs it in Arabic. After you get Saudi PCC, you can google and find any local certified translator (there is no Canadian certified) to get PCC translated.
For details, please check this reply.

PCC from SAUDI ARABIA

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
For details, please check this reply.

PCC from SAUDI ARABIA
Thanks for the details :

What if they send me request letter online? Can’t I take print of that and get attested and submit ?

How long does Ircc provide to submit Saudi pcc after they issue request letter?

Anyone know how can we get the letter from Canadian embassy in India ? Do we need to take appointment and pay some fees to get the letter ? I think we can not just visit Canadian embassy in India and request them letter and not sure if we can visit if we have already raised CSE

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for the details :

What if they send me request letter online? Can’t I take print of that and get attested and submit ?

How long does Ircc provide to submit Saudi pcc after they issue request letter?

Anyone know how can we get the letter from Canadian embassy in India ? Do we need to take appointment and pay some fees to get the letter ? I think we can not just visit Canadian embassy in India and request them letter and not sure if we can visit if we have already raised CSE
You will not get any request letter online or in mail from IRCC. You have to visit Canadian Embassy in Saudi personally to collect the letter.
You cannot collect or apply for Saudi PCC request letter from Canadian Embassy in India.

Saudi PCC is never issued when person is not available in Saudi. You have to be physically present in Saudi for the whole process.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
You will not get any request letter online or in mail from IRCC. You have to visit Canadian Embassy in Saudi personally to collect the letter.
You cannot collect or apply for Saudi PCC request letter from Canadian Embassy in India.

Saudi PCC is never issued when person is not available in Saudi. You have to be physically present in Saudi for the whole process.

We are outside Saudi Arabia and I received an request letter in my account where they have requested the Saudi PCC for my Spouse. Now what should be my next steps to collect the PCC?

this what the letter states :

"Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
UCI - Name of spouse
 Please provide a scanned copy of a valid Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia."

And they have mentioned time before which we should submit the PCC.

1. Please let us know what we should do next to acquire the PCC from KSA?

2. CIC website states that "A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs." if the request letter CIC is referring is not the same as what we have received in my account then from where we should request letter?

It is easy for us to visit Jeddah than any other city and based on the previous conversations we can figure out that we have to raise CSE and then have to collect it from Canadia embassy in Riyadh and then take it to MOFA for attestation and then MOFA will tell us the address of the police station in Riyadh.

and if we have to get the PCC from Jeddah, we can also to get the request letter Indian consulate in Jeddah and that we can present it to MOFA in Jeddah for attestation and then to the Police station in Jeddah.

Please help!

Last edited:

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
We are outside Saudi Arabia and I received an request letter in my account where they have requested the Saudi PCC for my Spouse. Now what should be my next steps to collect the PCC?

this what the letter states :

"Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
UCI - Name of spouse
 Please provide a scanned copy of a valid Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia."

And they have mentioned time before which we should submit the PCC.

1. Please let us know what we should do next to acquire the PCC from KSA?

2. CIC website states that "A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail after your application for Permanent Residence has been received. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs." if the request letter CIC is referring is not the same as what we have received in my account then from where we should request letter?

It is easy for us to visit Jeddah than any other city and based on the previous conversations we can figure out that we have to raise CSE and then have to collect it from Canadia embassy in Riyadh and then take it to MOFA for attestation and then MOFA will tell us the address of the police station in Riyadh.

and if we have to get the PCC from Jeddah, we can also to get the request letter Indian consulate in Jeddah and that we can present it to MOFA in Jeddah for attestation and then to the Police station in Jeddah.

Please help!
Request letter will be in arabic and is different than the letter you received in ADR. The letter you received will not be accepted by MOFA or Police.
You can request letter from Indian Embassy Jeddah and get MOFA done before you submit it to Police Department in Jeddah.

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Request letter will be in arabic and is different than the letter you received in ADR. The letter you received will not be accepted by MOFA or Police.
You can request letter from Indian Embassy Jeddah and get MOFA done before you submit it to Police Department in Jeddah.
thanks for your help!

Tell me if I get the request letter from Indian consulate in Jeddah and submit for PCC, will the content of PCC will be different in that case ?

e.g. If I submit request letter from Canadian embassy then the pcc will state something like : " This PCC is issued for the purpose of canadian Immigration" and if I submit the request letter form Indian embassy then the content of PCC can state something like : "This PCC is issued on request of Indian consulate" - in Arabic or in English.

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
thanks for your help!

Tell me if I get the request letter from Indian consulate in Jeddah and submit for PCC, will the content of PCC will be different in that case ?

e.g. If I submit request letter from Canadian embassy then the pcc will state something like : " This PCC is issued for the purpose of canadian Immigration" and if I submit the request letter form Indian embassy then the content of PCC can state something like : "This PCC is issued on request of Indian consulate" - in Arabic or in English.
They will mention the requestor name such as "Indian Embassy" if you submit indian embassy letter but that is totally fine as end of the day PCC is a PCC no matter who requests it.

I have submitted Saudi PCC with requestor stating as Indian Embassy on the PCC the even though i gave them Canadian Embassy letter. Still i have no ADR and also i know my friends did submit the same and they got PPR.

Go ahead with Indian Letter and no issue at all. Good luck.

Shakuna

Jan 23, 2018
Hi again ,

Has anyone uploaded their Police certificate from Saudi Arabia?

There is a form to be filled prior to uploading the certificate that requires the following:

Name of Document
Number of Document
Issue Date
Expiry Date

The Police certificate doesn’t have an expiry date written ...
But has issue date and expiry date of my IQAMA.
What should I fill in these dates?
PS ( the dates are in HIJRI not Gregorian)

Another Question:
My date of birth in the IQAMA AND PCC is in HIJRI and my Passport is Gregorian.
Is it a problem?