+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
After waiting for almost 7 months to receive my AIP. i received this devastating email this morning.

Though the school has since closed down .

---------------------------------------------quote---------------------

This letter concerns your application for permanent residence from within Canada under the temporary public policy for refugee claimants working in Canada’s health-care sector during the COVID-19 pandemic.

we have reassessed your eligibility that suggests that you may be ineligible to apply for permanent residence under this public policy. Namely, I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), which states: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires

It was determined that your PSW diploma was not issued by a school registered in Canada.

Consequently, I am concerned that you misrepresented education documents.

Based on the concerns stated above, I have grounds to believe that your experience may be found to be invalid and that you are inadmissible for misrepresentation as per section A40 (1) of IRPA.

Misrepresentation 40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you ineligible for the public policy and your application may be refused.

Before a decision is rendered, you may submit any information addressing the issues of concern and documents/evidence with a copy of this letter. Your response must be received at this email address within 7 days of the date of this letter. If no response to this letter is received within 7 days, the application will be processed based on the information available, which may result in the refusal of the application.

----------------------end of quote-------------------------------
This a good case that a good lawyer can argue and win convincingly. This particular psw certificate the officer is talking about is non material enough to affect the officer's decision. Psw certificate or diploma wasn't part of the requirement. You would have qualified if you didn't include the certificate anyways. As long as you genuinely worked then you should be good.
Some officer are just looking for ways to refuse your application or probably given some lawyers opportunity to make some dollars.

Look for a good lawyer.

Reactions: ZAYAN2020

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi Everyone. I called IRCC this afternoon to asked for update on my Application, As usual i was told they are responding to Afghanistan issue. And and my spouse submitted H&C App January and also submitted Pathway in May, But our App is still in process on Ecas and when I called today the Agency told me that she only sees the H&C Application and not Pathway. Just want to knw since it’s transferred Application from H&C to Pathway, Anyone with any idea if this is normal.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Hi Everyone. I called IRCC this afternoon to asked for update on my Application, As usual i was told they are responding to Afghanistan issue. And and my spouse submitted H&C App January and also submitted Pathway in May, But our App is still in process on Ecas and when I called today the Agency told me that she only sees the H&C Application and not Pathway. Just want to knw since it’s transferred Application from H&C to Pathway, Anyone with any idea if this is normal.
You need to call them and find out if they have linked your H and C to your Pathway application.

Joetek

Jun 16, 2021
Good evening everyone, i wanted to confirm if its a normal situation to wait for another 5 days to access and download ECOPR after submitting passport photograph for PR. I received portal mail to submit passport photograph for myself and dependants on the 16th of November and i uploaded the passports and summitted same day. However, up till this moment, am yet to receive ECOPR. This is looking a bit strange to me. Please i would kindly need your advise and opinion on what you think i should do at this stage. Thank you

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Good evening everyone, i wanted to confirm if its a normal situation to wait for another 5 days to access and download ECOPR after submitting passport photograph for PR. I received portal mail to submit passport photograph for myself and dependants on the 16th of November and i uploaded the passports and summitted same day. However, up till this moment, am yet to receive ECOPR. This is looking a bit strange to me. Please i would kindly need your advise and opinion on what you think i should do at this stage. Thank you
Send a mail to the address, just tell them you already uploaded your pictures and you just want to ask if the pictures are okay.

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
An email to them will definitely help. Just a follow-up to ensure it was delivered and if it met the expectation or requirement.
Please can you also share your timeline please.... some of us are waiting for email confirmation.

Joetek

Jun 16, 2021
Send a mail to the address, just tell them you already uploaded your pictures and you just want to ask if the pictures are okay.
Thank you @Khejjy. I had sent a follow-up mail to them on the 19th using the portal invitation email address. I got an auto response mail.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Immigration go make person look like say village people they follow am…..Naija Pigin.

A friend just got AIP today after submitting since February and got AOR that same month.
If you are in same situation,don’t give up!
Just Wao... Congrats to the person. IRCC teaches Patience by fire, by Force. I can imagine the person's feeling since February.