+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
She made use of a lawyer, she had her complete hours, submitted all the documents including her PSW diploma (2019).

Her lawyer included so many unnecessary documents (I have her complete documents submitted by the lawyer with me).
The lawyer even included her masters degree from Nigeria.

Sometimes, if your file land on the table of an unfortunate case processing officer, they will go as far as calling the school in Nigeria to verify the certificate just to find a way to discredit your application for refusal.

And sometimes, most of those certificates are obtained from all this road side satellite campus that are not accredited by the government.

Most times, an application just seat on the officers table pending verification of submitted documents.

We have written to Vancouver twice and the lawyer had filled several web forms.

I am praying for her and everyone still waiting.
You are 100% correct. So many unfortunate rookie officers looking for ways to denie people applications

Reactions: iamleye_

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
You are 100% correct. So many unfortunate rookie officers looking for ways to denie people applications
The problem with some applicants is;They allow some so called Lawyers submit unnecessary documents which was never requested by IRCC.

I can understand if you are an illiterate.You can’t read and write.
Unfortunately,some applicants that fall victim of these Lawyers are averagely educated.
This message does not apply to Pathway alone,even for hearings.

Tell me what stop you from reading,making your own research about what is requested by IRCC?Thereafter,you approach a Lawyer.A Lawyer is not perfect and kind you,you case is not the only one on his desk.

Since you always have knowledge of your application and know the kind of documents to submit,you have the right to challenge any so called Lawyers that want to destroy your application.

After my AIP,I dropped my Lawyer.I took over my case.He was upset I was exchanging mails with IRCC.I told him point blank,this is my life and not yours.
He goofed once and I will never allow him to do such again.

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
Her application was a total of 124 pages (no partner, no children). This should tell you the amount of nonsense in the application.
Well, the person needs to be calling IRCC everyday until she gets through. She needs to start calling 3 minutes before opening time and 1hr 3min before closing time.
Some lawyers are not as good as us. My own lawyer even said I didn't qualify for pathway because I was in the process of appealing at federal court, all they want is that $.

The next time she saw me was when I filled a notice to act in person. She was shocked and reluctantly acknowledge my notice, and she had no choice than to closed my refugee case with her.

I think 124 pages is too much for a single applicant, did she add her rents and fido bills? This will take trice as much as other application. She needs to be patient and prayerful.

Reactions: Samsonge

iamleye_

Oct 6, 2017
Well, the person needs to be calling IRCC everyday until she gets through. She needs to start calling 3 minutes before opening time and 1hr 3min before closing time.
Some lawyers are not as good as us. My own lawyer even said I didn't qualify for pathway because I was in the process of appealing at federal court, all they want is that $.

The next time she saw me was when I filled a notice to act in person. She was shocked and reluctantly acknowledge my notice, and she had no choice than to closed my refugee case with her.

I think 124 pages is too much for a single applicant, did she add her rents and fido bills? This will take trice as much as other application. She needs to be patient and prayerful.
Rents and Fido bill got me. Lol!

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
Her application was a total of 124 pages (no partner, no children). This should tell you the amount of nonsense in the application.
I think there are similarities to this thing, my lawyer also made me submit all documents including RCMP background check etc etc along with the application. Saying it's better to give them everything once than to start sourcing for them when they request. Till date nothing.
I think when you submit loads of evidence, they just keep the file in a locker and lock it up. Like purnishment for ones oversabi

Reactions: Swagzzy

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
I think there are similarities to this thing, my lawyer also made me submit all documents including RCMP background check etc etc along with the application. Saying it's better to give them everything once than to start sourcing for them when they request. Till date nothing.
I think when you submit loads of evidence, they just keep the file in a locker and lock it up. Like purnishment for ones oversabi
Loool

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
The problem with some applicants is;They allow some so called Lawyers submit unnecessary documents which was never requested by IRCC.

Unfortunately,some applicants that fall victim of these Lawyers are averagely educated.

Tell me what stop you from reading,making your own research about what is requested by IRCC?Thereafter,you approach a Lawyer.A Lawyer is not perfect and kind you,you case is not the only one on his desk.

Since you always have knowledge of your application and know the kind of documents to submit,you have the right to challenge any so called Lawyers that want to destroy your application.

After my AIP,I dropped my Lawyer.I took over my case.He was upset I was exchanging mails with IRCC.I told him point blank,this is my life and not yours.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
Good morning house. COPR news shall come away this week.

Generally, we need to give the required info for an application. It is very wrong for one to apply for a job that requires high school and start presenting PHD, MSc etc. You tend to scare your recruiter. Just like this case, imagine if they are appraised by the number of cases they close. Till next 3years nobody will touch a case of 124 pages whene they have 25 pages to review.
Infact, all cases are supposed to be thoroughly reviewed, a thorough review of 124 pages will take the person, minimum 6 to 9 months to check through.
That being said, keep calling until you get the answer you want. The agents are very evasive but be coherent and persistent in your inquiry.
Goodluck.

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
I am not exaggerating at all. Anyone that care to see the documents I can send it.

My pathway application with my partner was around 60 pages.

Amen!
I applied with my partner and a child. My documents was so less, so straight and no education certificate at all. That lawyer must be doing something else. However, this application documents isn't that much.

Reactions: Khejjy

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021

Thanks so much for this piece. Personal research is vital in everything.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
I got to know of the GCMS note two weeks ago and I requested it two Thursday's ago. I haven't heard from them yet.
@Minerpc77 Did you submit your HCW Application by yourself or was it the lawyer that submitted for you , if your lawyer shipped the application on your behalf then you might want to check if your lawyer printed HCW on the envelop , if not your application might be following normal H&C Timeline , if that’s the case you need to call ircc and fill webform and try to reach out via all available platforms notifying them that you submitted hcw & not the normal H & C application .

Reactions: Khejjy and Swagzzy

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
@Minerpc77 Did you submit your HCW Application by yourself or was it the lawyer that submitted for you , if your lawyer shipped the application on your behalf then you might want to check if your lawyer printed HCW on the envelop , if not your application might be following normal H&C Timeline , if that’s the case you need to call ircc and fill webform and try to reach out via all available platforms notifying them that you submitted hcw & not the normal H & C application .
It was submitted by the lawyer on our behalf. But in May, we received the following Email. We were suppose to go for the refugee hearing in June.

===========
Subject : Processing of claims applied under the Public Policy

This letter is to inform you that the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) has received notification from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you made an application under the above noted policy. The RPD will put your refugee claims on hold until a decision is made in regards to your application under the Public Policy. If the RPD receives notice from IRCC that you did not qualify under the Public Policy, the RPD will resume processing your claims. For more information, please consult the “Practice notice: RPD and RAD processing for individuals applying under government of Canada public policies” on the Immigration and Refugee Board’s

===========

this was received May 28th.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
It was submitted by the lawyer on our behalf. But in May, we received the following Email. We were suppose to go for the refugee hearing in June.

===========
Subject : Processing of claims applied under the Public Policy

This letter is to inform you that the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) has received notification from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that you made an application under the above noted policy. The RPD will put your refugee claims on hold until a decision is made in regards to your application under the Public Policy. If the RPD receives notice from IRCC that you did not qualify under the Public Policy, the RPD will resume processing your claims. For more information, please consult the “Practice notice: RPD and RAD processing for individuals applying under government of Canada public policies” on the Immigration and Refugee Board’s

===========

this was received May 28th.
This letter usually comes after you’ve received AIP , did you ?
If not then something isn’t right ..

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
This letter usually comes after you’ve received AIP , did you ?
If not then something isn’t right ..
No we didn't receive AIP

Online application status shows

======

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 8, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 26, 2021.
=====