+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Notice of discontinuance timelines
1st Withdrawal email October 15
2nd Withdrawal email October 19
Proof of notice was sent October 22
Followup email to acknowledge receipt Oct 29
Email acknowledged Nov 02
ECAS still on in process...
Patience is really an enriching virtue.... the wait is epic and exhaustive.
If you are also waiting good news shall land our way soon IJN
Very soon,you will get your COPR and I promise you,the way you will sleep that night……
That best feeling ever.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Notice of discontinuance timelines
1st Withdrawal email October 15
2nd Withdrawal email October 19
Proof of notice was sent October 22
Followup email to acknowledge receipt Oct 29
Email acknowledged Nov 02
ECAS still on in process...
Patience is really an enriching virtue.... the wait is epic and exhaustive.
If you are also waiting good news shall land our way soon IJN
The anxiety level at this junction increases but just try to stay calm, you are closer to your COPR.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I just received this from IRCC. Not sure if this officers know what he or she is talking about. I submitted paystubs for the work done during this period.

"You submitted a letter from ×××××× Staffing Incorporated. The letter stated you have worked 189 hours as a Personal Support Worker between 2020-07-07 and 2020-08-13.
However, I note ××××××× Healthcare did not make any Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance or Income Tax deductions on your monthly pay. It appears you have worked as selfemployed/independent contractor.
Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.”

Therefore, you have not demonstrated you met all of the eligibility criteria of the public policy. As a result, the application is refused.""

By the way all my colleagues that we work at the same place got approved with the same company as an independent contractor.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
I just received this from IRCC. Not sure if this officers know what he or she is talking about. I submitted paystubs for the work done during this period.

"You submitted a letter from ×××××× Staffing Incorporated. The letter stated you have worked 189 hours as a Personal Support Worker between 2020-07-07 and 2020-08-13.
However, I note ××××××× Healthcare did not make any Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance or Income Tax deductions on your monthly pay. It appears you have worked as selfemployed/independent contractor.
Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.”

Therefore, you have not demonstrated you met all of the eligibility criteria of the public policy. As a result, the application is refused.""

By the way all my colleagues that we work at the same place got approved with the same company as an independent contractor.
What??????

You need to reply back immediately.
The employer you worked for during the stated period above,hope they gave you 2020 T4?

Also,did you work under the table or as an independent contractor?

The paystubs you sent for this application,did it show how taxes were deducted from your bi-weekly pay?

This is a simple case if you can defend yourself very well.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
What??????

You need to reply back immediately.
The employer you worked for during the stated period above,hope they gave you 2020 T4?

Also,did you work under the table or as an independent contractor?

The paystubs you sent for this application,did it show how taxes were deducted from your bi-weekly pay?

This is a simple case if you can defend yourself very well.
Yes i worked as an independent contractor . I submitted paystubs and a letter which states when i was employed, my pay per hours and how many hours i have done during July 2020 to Agust 2020.

No the paystubs didnt show any tax deduction becus as an independent contractor am suppose to file my taxes myself and report to CRA. Which i did.
Even in the letter, it was stated clearly that they sent me to long term care home. The company also provided me a T4a. And i filed my taxes

Maybe the officer is a rookie

Last edited:

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Yes i worked as an independent contractor . I submitted paystubs and a letter which states when i was employed, my pay per hours and how many hours i have done during July 2020 to Agust 2020.
Even in the letter, it was stated clearly that they sent me to long term care home. The company also provided me a T4a. And i filed my taxes

Maybe the officer is a rookie
The below message from the office needs to be properly understood.

“Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers“

I know few people who worked with Staffy and Bookjane who got their COPR.

I am just confused and don’t know what to say.
Please do all your best to reply back to the officer you are very eligible.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Annex A not 3 says:
For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.

Accordingly to what you wrote earlier. You were employed as an independent contractor and not self employed .

I know alot of people who work as an independent contractor and also got approved. You will need to get a lawyer immediately.

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm new to this platform and I'll appreciate any guidance and assistance.

Application submitted: February 18th, 2021
Acknowledgment of Receipt: March 8th, 2021
Started processing: March 26th, 2021

Ever since there has been no update, no AIP, nothing. Any idea what could be the issue or what I can do??

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm new to this platform and I'll appreciate any guidance and assistance.

Ever since there has been no update, no AIP, nothing. Any idea what could be the issue or what I can do??
Have u requested for GCMS note?

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021

Is your hours complete, if it's complete, I think you should call them, it's too long a time for you not to have received AIP.
Try to give them a call and ask about your Application, all the best.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021

And sorry, if you used a Lawyer, try to check up with your lawyer, he might have received the AIP and didn't check his mails

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020

Let me ask a sincere question:
Was your 120 hours Intern/volunteer/Studies?