+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Mine and my kids including Canadian (Ontario)born also started from 1 and we re in Ont never been to Atlantic Canada. U don’t have to worry at all. U have a permanent SIN
You’re absolutely correct @blac Kelly >>@Rpwr86
I updated my SIN @ service Canada today and they also issued the +1 which is supposedly for Atlantic Canada , I asked the officer in charge why we had the #1 instead of #5 , she told us that they’ve exhausted all the #5 numbers in Ontario and switched to 1 .

Reactions: Khejjy

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Between 2weeks to 3 months.
It varies from person to person.
That explains it -I remembered asking same question while sending email back and forth to the Ircc niagara and at some point I received an email stating that grabbing and printing the cards might take few months because they are currently landing a record amount of new comers : Please be patient" they said ~

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
How long does it take to get the PR card after copr?
There is no specific timeline . But I would advise you reach out to them after 4 weeks if you didn't receive it. I didn't receive it after 3 months I reached to them and they told me the pictures were dark and advise that I send another one which I did and received the cards the next week. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Tmon and Okilo

Okilo

Sep 4, 2019
There is no specific timeline . But I would advise you reach out to them after 4 weeks if you didn't receive it. I didn't receive it after 3 months I reached to them and they told me the pictures were dark and advise that I send another one which I did and received the cards the next week. Hope this helps.
Many thanks. How did you reach them?

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Can you please let us know how you reached out to them? Through the same Niagara email?

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
Notice of discontinuance timelines
1st Withdrawal email October 15
2nd Withdrawal email October 19
Proof of notice was sent October 22
Followup email to acknowledge receipt Oct 29
Email acknowledged Nov 02
ECAS still on in process...
Patience is really an enriching virtue.... the wait is epic and exhaustive.
If you are also waiting good news shall land our way soon IJN

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and just got to know about this website. It feels so great to see all these helpful comments. I just got my eCOPR on October 2, 2021. I applied on February 12,2021 after checking my hours and saw I met the 120hrs with just 130hrs as at time of announcing the pathway. I was super happy but I finally got it with my family. I applied it myself and just kept following the instructions from the email received from IRCC.

But I have a solid question since I am fortunate to meet some helpful people here.

How do we calculate our days to citizenship since we didn't get our PR through asylum ( I mean since we'd withdrew our claims from IRB) ?

Do we have exceptions or we have to calculate it from the day of application of PR as regular way because I have been in Canada since Feb 2018.

Thanks

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and just got to know about this website. It feels so great to see all these helpful comments. I just got my eCOPR on October 2, 2021. I applied on February 12,2021 after checking my hours and saw I met the 120hrs with just 130hrs as at time of announcing the pathway. I was super happy but I finally got it with my family. I applied it myself and just kept following the instructions from the email received from IRCC.

But I have a solid question since I am fortunate to meet some helpful people here.

How do we calculate our days to citizenship since we didn't get our PR through asylum ( I mean since we'd withdrew our claims from IRB) ?

Do we have exceptions or we have to calculate it from the day of application of PR as regular way because I have been in Canada since Feb 2018.

Thanks
I think when you get your PR card,you will get better understanding.
I was told a letter do come with it that will give a better explanation on how many days you have to wait to get your citizenship.
I stand to be corrected though.

Reactions: ZAYAN2020

ZAYAN2020

Nov 13, 2021
I think when you get your PR card,you will get better understanding.
I was told a letter do come with it that will give a better explanation on how many days you have to wait to get your citizenship.
I stand to be corrected though.
If that's the case, I will wait then. Still expecting my PR CARD. Been waiting since Oct 2, 2021. :)