+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Prabhie

Nov 4, 2020
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
Inform your Refugee Lawyer about your Pathway application.
He or she is suppose to put your hearing on hold since you already applied for Pathway and even got your AOR.

I have a feeling IRCC must have notified IRB about your Pathway application as well.
Thanks for replying :).Actually I don’t have any counsellor on refugee file.Im fighting my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rpwr86

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Hello everyone, am happy to inform the house that I got my eCOPR today, To God be the Glory, an super excited now. Thanks to everyone on this platform that responded to me at various times. I pray for all those still waiting for AIP or COPR, you goodnews will come this Month
Below is my Timeline.
Application submitted 12th February, 2021.
AOR - 19th March, 2021.
AIP- 4th May, 2021.
Medical forms received- 23rd June, 2021.
Medical updated on Ecas- 12th July, 2021.
Email to confirm entry into Canada- 28th October.
Ecas update to Decision made- 28th October.
Portal link for pictures- 29th October, 2021.
eCOPR - 1st November, 2021.
Congratulations

Reactions: Khejjy

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi can any body help me with my situation.
My refuee claim hearing is held to be heard on nov 16 2021.And i applied the pathway on 31 august and received aor on 30 september.but Still i got no email saying that my refugee claim is hold and hearing has been cancelled.I already mailed the refugee board about my pathway application but i got no response from them.Please can anybody guilde what is best option in this situation.Thanks.Best wishes to all.
I will suggest you attend the hearing if you didn’t receive any letter that your claim is on hold or hearing cancelled. AOR doesn’t mean approval - the pathway is not guaranteed until you receive your AIP. It’s better 2 processing is ongoing than none.

Reactions: Bukols

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
This is r
I was not having enough to pay lawyer
I think it is risky. I do not think any member with hear your refugee case without a counsel.
Be well guided. You must also attend your hearing unless you get otherwise advise from IRB or a counsel.
I wish you the very best.

Abbeyy

Feb 23, 2018
Good evening guys, please kindly advice ASAP

I submitted my withdrawal sept ending and sent email to them requesting for an update 2 weeks ago.

They advised my application is in queue for final approval and I haven’t heard anything till date.

My work permit will expire Nov 10th and I haven’t apply for an extension.

Am I still eligible to request for work permit extension because i have withdrew my refugee claims.

What can I do please?

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Good evening guys, please kindly advice ASAP

I submitted my withdrawal sept ending and sent email to them requesting for an update 2 weeks ago.

They advised my application is in queue for final approval and I haven’t heard anything till date.

My work permit will expire Nov 10th and I haven’t apply for an extension.

Am I still eligible to request for work permit extension because i have withdrew my refugee claims.

What can I do please?
Very daisy situation.
If am to be in your shoes,I will apply for extension.
Moreover,some employers may not ask you for a new work permit immediately the one you have expires.
As it stand,the longest period have seen anyone waiting for their COPR after submitting withdrawal is 2-8 weeks.
So do the maths and follow your mind.

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Hello everyone, am happy to inform the house that I got my eCOPR today, To God be the Glory, an super excited now. Thanks to everyone on this platform that responded to me at various times. I pray for all those still waiting for AIP or COPR, you goodnews will come this Month
Below is my Timeline.
Application submitted 12th February, 2021.
AOR - 19th March, 2021.
AIP- 4th May, 2021.
Medical forms received- 23rd June, 2021.
Medical updated on Ecas- 12th July, 2021.
Email to confirm entry into Canada- 28th October.
Ecas update to Decision made- 28th October.
Portal link for pictures- 29th October, 2021.
eCOPR - 1st November, 2021.
Congratulations, I am happy for you.

Abbeyy

Feb 23, 2018
Very daisy situation.
If am to be in your shoes,I will apply for extension.
Moreover,some employers may not ask you for a new work permit immediately the one you have expires.
As it stand,the longest period have seen anyone waiting for their COPR after submitting withdrawal is 2-8 weeks.
So do the maths and follow your mind.
Thank you

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Happy weekend everyone, my heart is with everyone still waiting for AIP or COPR, am wishing you good news in this November, I know the anxiety level stays high, but just keep calm, we will celebrate with you. Have a great weekend guys.

Reactions: Joetek